PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This is Patriots' Super Bowl to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talk about bad VIBES.
Would you rather the Ravens won and you wouldn't have to worry about losing?

Enjoy the next 2 weeks. We could rather be Bills,Browns or Steelers fans.
I don't think many( including me) thought we would get here this year.

Step back and think about where we are for a minute.

This will be a tough game the Patriots can win but it will not be easy at all and my guess is the spread will change to have the Patriots be underdogs.

I also did not think we were going to the Super Bowl this year but this team has real heart. I am thrilled but this is going to be tough. Honestly GB, New Orleans and the Giants all looked like equally tough match ups for us. Our D is better but I don't want to see Eli drop back 58 times in 2 weeks.

The Rex Grossman lead Redskins swept the Giants in their division.

Think about that.

What a brain dead thread ... the Giants are a dangerous team ... great receivers, great defense, a QB that is peaking right now. If anything i would say it's their game to lose ... but I won't say that ... let the team that plays the best win - that's how it will be.

0385149f-d43f-4941-85db-4ca2c914e08c.jpg

Sorry....stupid thread

Sorry ....stupid response.

Have you read the many posts of patriot7 to see his grasp and accurate insights into many aspects of the game, the #s and stats and how they can be misinterpreted?

So, though I am wary of the Gints WRs and Eli's stunning throws bordering on miracle, I am optimistic and hence am able to resonate with the OP.

Especially after Tom Friggin Brady said he wants to redeem himself.

GO PATS!!

Last edited:
Giants beat the Pats fair and square earlier this season and have improved a lot since then. The Giants really should be favored.

LOL. That is the most idiotic statement I have ever heard.

Pats had 4 turnovers! They were -2 and lost by 4 points, much like the 49ers today. Brady threw 2 interceptions.

When you have 4 turnovers, it's beating yourself. No NFL defense ever even comes close to averaging 2 takeaways a game. Not even 2. 90% of them are giveaways.

This is Pats game to lose.

Ask yourself this question. Which team has the Patriots faced when they were +2 and beat them by 4 points?

Last edited:
The chicken littles are out, the Giants are hot but Ill take my chances with a pissed off Brady on a mission.

The chicken littles are out, the Giants are hot but Ill take my chances with a pissed off Brady on a mission.

I'll take BB and TB any day of the week against any team. I must admit i am nervous as hell as i still hurt from 2007. But what can i say other than lets get to work pats and i hope we deliver on the field in 2 weeks.

Imagine losing 4 Super Bowls in a row? No wonder Bills fans are so delusional.

I love the responses here. Lots of crow eating will be dealt. :D

I'll even go a step further, and say if Brady plays his game it won't even be close.

Oh yeah we all think we're going to lose but you ... you're rock is waiting for you.

You douche bags already declaring defeat are not allowed to celebrate here when we win it all.

I don't want to take anything away from the Giants win, because it was a great win and they have an awesome QB, but I have to point this out.

Not only do the Patriots have them beat on all 3 phases, and yes that means defense, but this is the MOST overrated team I have seen going into the Super Bowl. Not so much their offense, but their defense.

I understand they played a lot of tough teams and in a tough division but not only did I watch:

- Atlanta completely self implode and score only 3 points
- the Giants beat Green Bay on a day when Aaron Rodgers played his worst game of the season but today:

-two SF 49ers defensive players collided with each other TWICE on surefire interceptions.
-another one that got stripped out, which was questionably disallowed due to forward progress
-the ball touched the SF's returner's knee and gave them a free score
-the final score was the same punter fumbling the ball.

They're about to face a defense who outplayed the Ravens D and won with a -2 turnover margin on a day when their quarterback posted a 59.0 QB rating and the opponent's QB played one of his best games of his career.

What am I saying? Giants D is overrated and their opponents seriously beat themselves. And while that doesn't matter, especially in the super bowl because a win is a win, one thing I am certain of is...

The Patriots still have the #2 special teams defense in the league. And yes, as you saw today, they make you or break you.

Now you might say it was the Giants D that caused all of these things to happen, but I disagree. Their execution was no different than the rest of the season. Their opponents' execution was terrible in the playoffs. Again, I don't really wanna take anything away from their wins, but I feel much more confident about the Patriots than Giants.

Turnovers. Turnovers. Turnovers.

And yeah, you just can't put that on any defense. The Pats D can handle it, but this team can't against the Giants offense. Having said that if the Patriots gets back to proper execution in two weeks, I don't really see a problem. That D is not that good. Trust me. Pats D's better.

What a load of crap...

Everything you mention is exactly why it will take a nearly flawless effort to beat them. Every weird bounce of the ball rolls their way.

Everything you mention is exactly why it will take a nearly flawless effort to beat them. Every weird bounce of the ball rolls their way.

Everything I mention is exactly why they're going to need a flawless effort and the Patriots playing poorly to win.

We have already won this game. There is no way in hell that we can lose this game. Lose 3 in a row against Eli Manning? It just doesn't happen. Not to BB and Brady.

Everything I mention is exactly why they're going to need a flawless effort and the Patriots playing poorly to win.

I admire your confidence but platitudes about how the Giants shouldn't be in Indy won't cover Cruz, Manningham and Nicks on 3rd an 8. The team is going to have to work for this one, and maybe get a little bit lucky to win.

I admire your confidence but platitudes about how the Giants shouldn't be in Indy won't cover Cruz, Manningham and Nicks on 3rd an 8. The team is going to have to work for this one, and maybe get a little bit lucky to win.

Agreed.

While I don't think they necessarily draft another CB this yr, I do think they bring someone in from free agency/veteran cut. There needs to be someone else, as much as everyone hopes for Dowling next yr.

McCourty needs to be a permenent safety, not just in subs. Even though he's looked better lately, he has some major problems at times out there, not only in coverage, but also his tackling skills. While they're not 'poor,' they aren't 'good' either.

I'm curious to see how Bill prepares to cover all 3 WR's + Ballard. They have the potential to toss the ball all over the field on us, we aren't playing the Ravens conservative offense next game (and even though we shut Rice down, Flacco looked pretty good at times for sure).

Let me explain a couple of facts:

The more efficient offense is 10-0 the playoffs so far. The 10 more efficient offenses won all 10 games!
Teams who win the turnover battle are 8-2 in the playoffs. The Patriots are the ones who have that second stat.
The average offense, against an average defense, scores an average of 3.5 points when they get the ball at midfield.

Even though the Giants faced a good defense, winning by 3 points despite a +2 turnover margin, which gave them the ball in the opponents territory, not midfield, shows they are very weak offensively.

There is only one team in this playoffs that has managed to win 2 games with a turnover margin which says more than anything else you can possibly throw at it. The Patriots. In addition, this is the ONLY team that can go up against a defense like the Ravens, and an offense as efficient as the Ravens #6 in the NFL, and come out with a positive efficiency rating despite 4 turnovers and a -2 turnover margin.

Good offenses are supposed to come out with positive efficiency ratings when they are + in the turnover margin.
Even great offenses are supposed to come out with poor efficiency ratings when they are - in turnover margin.

The Giants came out with a piss poor offensive efficiency rating despite a +2 turnover margin. That means their opponents beat themselves.

The Giants, despite a +2 turnover margin, came out with a 17.2 efficiency rating.
The Patriots, despite a -2 turnover margin came out with 14.2 efficiency rating.

17.2 is good enough to be ranked 27th in the NFL
14.2 is good enough to be ranked 8th in the NFL

Now, at an even turnover margin, you would expect an average offense to be ranked about 27th against a #1 defense. At a -2 turnover margin you would expect a #1 offense to be ranked about 27th.

What you DON'T expect is what is listed above. A team with a +2 turnover margin to be ranked nearly last in efficiency, and a team with a -2 to be ranked in the top 10. If you can't do better than 27th with a +2, you have major, major issues.

And when offensive efficiency is 10-0 so far in the playoffs, why would you even consider for a moment the Giants to be the slightest of threat?

It's 10-0! The Giants didn't win because of LUCK. They won because of that.

You wanna bet against that? Be my guest. Vegas and people who know about this will continue to make a fortune. Just like they did in the Broncos-Pittsburgh game. Pittsburgh, btw, finished the season 27th in the league in offensive efficiency. The Giants were the equivalent of Ben on a hobbled foot today and most of this year.

I don't care about your 3rd and 8 stats. I don't care about your yards stats. I am going by one that supersedes all that, measures the entire team, and is 10-0.

Oh and in this same stat the Patriots D is #2. Only the 49ers had a more efficient defense. They're gone now. Patriots have the best defense left. They will cover Cruz and anyone else the Giants have just fine.

Let me explain a couple of facts:

The more efficient offense is 10-0 the playoffs so far. The 10 more efficient offenses won all 10 games!
Teams who win the turnover battle are 8-2 in the playoffs. The Patriots are the ones who have that second stat.
The average offense, against an average defense, scores an average of 3.5 points when they get the ball at midfield.

Even though the Giants faced a good defense, winning by 3 points despite a +2 turnover margin, which gave them the ball in the opponents territory, not midfield, shows they are very weak offensively.

There is only one team in this playoffs that has managed to win 2 games with a turnover margin which says more than anything else you can possibly throw at it. The Patriots. In addition, this is the ONLY team that can go up against a defense like the Ravens, and an offense as efficient as the Ravens #6 in the NFL, and come out with a positive efficiency rating despite 4 turnovers and a -2 turnover margin.

Good offenses are supposed to come out with positive efficiency ratings when they are + in the turnover margin.
Even great offenses are supposed to come out with poor efficiency ratings when they are - in turnover margin.

The Giants came out with a piss poor offensive efficiency rating despite a +2 turnover margin. That means their opponents beat themselves.

The Giants, despite a +2 turnover margin, came out with a 17.2 efficiency rating.
The Patriots, despite a -2 turnover margin came out with 14.2 efficiency rating.

17.2 is good enough to be ranked 27th in the NFL
14.2 is good enough to be ranked 8th in the NFL

Now, at an even turnover margin, you would expect an average offense to be ranked about 27th against a #1 defense. At a -2 turnover margin you would expect a #1 offense to be ranked about 27th.

What you DON'T expect is what is listed above. A team with a +2 turnover margin to be ranked nearly last in efficiency, and a team with a -2 to be ranked in the top 10. If you can't do better than 27th with a +2, you have major, major issues.

And when offensive efficiency is 10-0 so far in the playoffs, why would you even consider for a moment the Giants to be the slightest of threat?

It's 10-0! The Giants didn't win because of LUCK. They won because of that.

You wanna bet against that? Be my guest. Vegas and people who know about this will continue to make a fortune. Just like they did in the Broncos-Pittsburgh game. Pittsburgh, btw, finished the season 27th in the league in offensive efficiency. The Giants were the equivalent of Ben on a hobbled foot today and most of this year.

I don't care about your 3rd and 8 stats. I don't care about your yards stats. I am going by one that supersedes all that, measures the entire team, and is 10-0.

Oh and in this same stat the Patriots D is #2. Only the 49ers had a more efficient defense. They're gone now. Patriots have the best defense left. They will cover Cruz and anyone else the Giants have just fine.

The Patriots won because a kicker missed a chip shot. The Giants won because a punt returner screwed up twice. Neither team won because of offensive efficiency, or defensive brilliance, or because of officials or the NFL front office. Both teams won because their respective opponents choked on special teams.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye