PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This is Patriots' Super Bowl to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriotSeven

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I don't want to take anything away from the Giants win, because it was a great win and they have an awesome QB, but I have to point this out.

Not only do the Patriots have them beat on all 3 phases, and yes that means defense, but this is the MOST overrated team I have seen going into the Super Bowl. Not so much their offense, but their defense.

I understand they played a lot of tough teams and in a tough division but not only did I watch:

- Atlanta completely self implode and score only 3 points
- the Giants beat Green Bay on a day when Aaron Rodgers played his worst game of the season but today:

-two SF 49ers defensive players collided with each other TWICE on surefire interceptions.
-another one that got stripped out, which was questionably disallowed due to forward progress
-the ball touched the SF's returner's knee and gave them a free score
-the final score was the same punter fumbling the ball.

They're about to face a defense who outplayed the Ravens D and won with a -2 turnover margin on a day when their quarterback posted a 59.0 QB rating and the opponent's QB played one of his best games of his career.

What am I saying? Giants D is overrated and their opponents seriously beat themselves. And while that doesn't matter, especially in the super bowl because a win is a win, one thing I am certain of is...

The Patriots still have the #2 special teams defense in the league. And yes, as you saw today, they make you or break you.

Now you might say it was the Giants D that caused all of these things to happen, but I disagree. Their execution was no different than the rest of the season. Their opponents' execution was terrible in the playoffs. Again, I don't really wanna take anything away from their wins, but I feel much more confident about the Patriots than Giants.

Turnovers. Turnovers. Turnovers.

And yeah, you just can't put that on any defense. The Pats D can handle it, but this team can't against the Giants offense. Having said that if the Patriots gets back to proper execution in two weeks, I don't really see a problem. That D is not that good. Trust me. Pats D's better.

Hmmm...all three phases? Sounds about right.

The Giants were playing under terrible circumstances as well.

West Coast game.

Rain/Wet conditions all day. Wet ball.

49ers Defense could make any QB look bad.

Dude, no. Just, no.

You can think what you like, but we're going to have to be perfect to win, i'n all three phases.

Giants beat the Pats fair and square earlier this season and have improved a lot since then. The Giants really should be favored.

Hey! Watch out! The Giants are DANGEROUS!!!! Have you forgotten a certain game that was played approximately 4 years ago???

Dude, no. Just, no.

You can think what you like, but we're going to have to be perfect to win, i'n all three phases.

This is going to be a very tough game. 50/50 at best.

I am so pumped for this game. A Super Bowl title is 4 quarters of good football away from this team. I still really cannot believe we won today. I'm confident the offense will be clicking on all cylinders come Feb 5th. And Bill will have this defense ready.

What a brain dead thread ... the Giants are a dangerous team ... great receivers, great defense, a QB that is peaking right now. If anything i would say it's their game to lose ... but I won't say that ... let the team that plays the best win - that's how it will be.

Talk about bad VIBES.
Would you rather the Ravens won and you wouldn't have to worry about losing?

Enjoy the next 2 weeks. We could rather be Bills,Browns or Steelers fans.
I don't think many( including me) thought we would get here this year.

Step back and think about where we are for a minute.

I love the responses here. Lots of crow eating will be dealt. :D

I'll even go a step further, and say if Brady plays his game it won't even be close.

All the negativity here tonight is mind-boggling. Yes, the Giants are a great team. Yes, they should be favored. Yes, they beat us earlier this year. But god damn it, we are in the Super Bowl, we have the best QB of all-time and the best coach of all-time. We can do this.

Giants beat the Pats fair and square earlier this season and have improved a lot since then. The Giants really should be favored.

Absolutely. I am very surprised the Pats are initially 3-point favorites. It's crazy. Their D is better, they've beaten the Pats the last 2 times they've played, including this year, and in all 3 Eli-Brady matchups, Eli has outplayed Brady by a smidge. Very close, but QB is usually the one area where NE has a decided advantage, but no way will I put that in NE's column this time. And no serious analyst should either. Eli is terrific and Brady has come up questionable in quite a few playoff games. Over the long haul obviously I'd prefer Brady, but in a one-game situation, Eli is every bit as capable as Brady is, and he's proven that.

So if NY is even at QB, better by a lot at D, even at the receiver spot (when you combine WR+TE, I think NY's receiving corps is excellent)...where, exactly, do the Pats have the edge?

Certainly NE can win this game, obviously. But I can think of a bunch of scenarios where NY wins, and it isn't at all difficult to imagine.

HOWEVER, think of this: beating a Manning in Indianapolis....maybe it's the last game NE plays there with Peyton Manning in the NFL (he might retire), and getting revenge for Eli's SB win a few years ago.....talk about exorcising some serious demons in one game.

I think (hope) Brady's performance today actually helps going into the Super Bowl. He was pissed at himself for playing like crap and we were able to win with D. Brady will be more than ready 2 weeks from now

Dude, no. Just, no.

Most teams do, especially in the playoffs which is why you should always bet on the Pats to execute.

And in this case, the Giants have to be perfect. The Patriots just proved they don't have to, even when the other team is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back