PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

this is one of the WORST super bowls

Status
Not open for further replies.

stcjones

Pro Bowl Player
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
that i have ever watched.........hideous officiating....and the NFC is represented by a very questionable team.........fire Holmgren........guy must be related to schotty.........what a sh**ty game!

No argument here. This game was played by two very subpar teams...there was nothing to be proud of on either side.

Tommy had the right idea in not staying for the game. The coin flip was the best part.

stcjones said:
that i have ever watched.........hideous officiating....and the NFC is represented by a very questionable team.........fire Holmgren........guy must be related to schotty.........what a sh**ty game!

:ditto::agree::yeahthat:

One of the worst I can recall.

I'm not sure which QB played a more pathetic game. Pitt only won the game because they took the ball away from their QB after that INT. That the other guy is a starter in the Pro Bowl tells you everything you could ever need to know about the NFC.

This is easily the worst I've ever watched. And I've watched them all since Superbowl 20.

The Pats would have killed either of these teams.

The Puppy Bowl, however, presented some compelling performances...from the beagle mix and the poodle to name a few.

THe bottom of the water bowl cam was pretty innovative as well.

Hasselbeck never makes that pass

if the ball was at the one where it should have been!

Bella*chick said:
The coin flip was the best part.
I'll agree with that one. Well done Tommy.

And of course the MVP intros, that was kinda cool, especially Branch and Brady.

Last edited:
This was a disgusting display by the officials. I can give them 1 or 2 bad calls. But, I lost count at how many calls and non-calls they blew.

Hasselback didn't block low. If he did, then so did Big Ben in the next series.

I counted 4 times that either Clark Haggans or Casey Hampton were lined up in the neutral zone.

The PI call on Jackson.

The NON-CALLS of PI on Pittsburgh (at least 3).

The blatant holding by the Steelers center that sprung Ben for his QB sneak.

The Referee over-ruling the side judge on the Big Ben TD.

Bella*chick said:
The Puppy Bowl, however, presented some compelling performances...from the beagle mix and the poodle to name a few.

THe bottom of the water bowl cam was pretty innovative as well.
Did you see that hit Agatha laid on Harry? Better than anything in the Super Bowl.

DaBruinz said:
This was a disgusting display by the officials. I can give them 1 or 2 bad calls. But, I lost count at how many calls and non-calls they blew.

Hasselback didn't block low. If he did, then so did Big Ben in the next series.

I counted 4 times that either Clark Haggans or Casey Hampton were lined up in the neutral zone.

The PI call on Jackson.

The NON-CALLS of PI on Pittsburgh (at least 3).

The blatant holding by the Steelers center that sprung Ben for his QB sneak.

The Referee over-ruling the side judge on the Big Ben TD.
I hope someone makes a story out of this. Seattle may have made alot of stupid mistakes and their receivers need to learn how to catch the ball but there was one bad call after another to overcome as well. Holmgren needs to say something, sore loser label be damned.

i thought there was blatant offsides on the steelers at least 2 plays in a row..

Chris said:
i thought there was blatant offsides on the steelers at least 2 plays in a row..
Thought so too.

Worst Super Bowl I can remember.

Absolutely without a doubt beyond question the worst Super Bowl I have ever seen. There is no argument about the worst team ever to win a Super Bowl. That resembled a preseason game.

MrTibbs said:
Absolutely without a doubt beyond question the worst Super Bowl I have ever seen. There is no argument about the worst team ever to win a Super Bowl. That resembled a preseason game.

That is what makes it so hard to watch. But the Pats lost that game to the brokebacks...so we have to look for next year. Sad but true.

We OWN the Squealers in the games that matter. Oh well.

The game was so exciting, that I had to wash my truck (right before it started to snow) in the middle of the game.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Thought so too.

Worst Super Bowl I can remember.

Well, I've watched them all, and the only other one in which both teams played so badly was SB V, maybe (Baltimore 16, Dallas 13, and a defensive player on the losing team was named MVP). But, that was a close game all the way and I don't remember the officiating being an issue. SB XL was therefore the. worst. ever.

Have you ever seen such poor time management? Okay excluding Herm Edwards.

At the end of the first half, I gave Homgren I said Homgren let the Big Ben touchdown call get in his head and didn't manage the clock well.

When he did it at the end of the game, I said man, what an awful coaching job.

There is something profound also in the fact that this was Superbowl XL. The refs provided the "F" and Voila!, we have the XFL! How appropriate.

I will never look at the NFL the same way.

I love the Pats as much as anyone, but am I the only one who looks back to SB XXXVI and sees the huge underdog and the team name "Patriots" just after 911 attack and thinks hmmmm?

It sure WAS a great story line.....but I don't recall the refs going out of their way to help us other than that there should have been time for a kickoff after Adam's FG.

This was Sucky Bowl XL. A fitting end to an awful NFL season.

Besides two teams playing poorly, the offcials continued their terrible performance that was their 2005 season.

The Commercials were not good. The Stones should just go away.

The only good performance was BB in the pregame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes