PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This is my first off season on the forum...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patjew

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Is all of this freaking out BS normal? It's really sickening.

What will it take for people to trust this franchise? 10 Superbowls? 20?

It's OK for people to question individual moves, of course, but to lose faith in BB and crew and accuse them of losing their fire and basically being incompetent???

WTF!

On an unrelated subject (and yes, what you're seeing is normal... almost a New England sports fan tradition) I just wanted to mention that everytime I see your handle, and I hear the voice in my head say "Patjew" it always makes me want to say "Bless You". It's just a very sneezy-sounding name.

:D

For this day and age, yes it's normal. The Patriots are popular and football is fast becoming a year-round sport. That's a lethal combination when fans see other teams making moves while our hometown boys are standing pat.

I agree with you, lots of people are doing the chicken-little dance right now. It's unwarranted because there's plenty of talent and plenty of time left.

And, not to perpetuate stereotypes, but it certainly seems as if the new people on the board are the ones questioning the lack of moves.

Patjew said:

It's OK for people to question individual moves, of course, but to lose faith in BB and crew and accuse them of losing their fire and basically being incompetent???

WTF!

It's normal for 3/14. On 3/16 is when they start pulling out their eyebrows.:rocker:

Last edited:
BradyisGod said:
And, not to perpetuate stereotypes, but it certainly seems as if the new people on the board are the ones questioning the lack of moves.
You mean like NEM.
Yes it is sickening but if the we could get the threads from this time two years ago you will see the same type of posts.

Pats Fanatic said:
You mean like NEM.
Yes it is sickening but if the we could get the threads from this time two years ago you will see the same type of posts.
Ha! With one gigantic exception.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
On an unrelated subject (and yes, what you're seeing is normal... almost a New England sports fan tradition) I just wanted to mention that everytime I see your handle, and I hear the voice in my head say "Patjew" it always makes me want to say "Bless You". It's just a very sneezy-sounding name.

:D
Thanks dude.

Put the emphasis on "pat" and not "jew" and it will sound better.

And BTW, do you think BB is slipping by not signing more Jews. Re-sign Miller now!

Patjew said:
Thanks dude.

Put the emphasis on "pat" and not "jew" and it will sound better.
Nope, sorry, doesn't work for me since I sneeze with the accent on the first sylable. ('AAAAAAAAAAAAA-chooo'.. I'm a big in the wind-up whereas the wife is big in the delivery, she goes 'aaaa-CHOOOOOO')

But thanks for trying.:singing:

patjew,

This GARBAGE is, for this site, utterly out of the ordinary. This site, and those who post here, prides itself on smart, analytical, creative and objective talk about the Patriots. I'm sorry this is your first exposure to it. It is a very poor and inaccurate (mis)representation of what the site is truly like and all about.

Last edited:
patsox23 said:
patjew,

This GARBAGE is, for this site, utterly out of the ordinary. This site, and those who post here, prides itself on smart, analytical, creative and objective talk about the Patriots. I'm sorry this is your first exposure to it. It is a very poor and inaccurate (mis)representation of what the site is truly like and all about.
Thanks, that actually makes me feel better. Bring on the GD season so we have something to really talk about!

I'll chime in. This is by far the best site I've come across. i used to read the one on usenet, but way too much trolling and bull****. I love this place, although up till recently I've mostly remained silent.
Oh, and Patjew, I love your avatar.

Last edited:
Patjew said:

WTF!

PJ...it is very common amongst fans who are fantasy league enthusiasts. Also, my own opinion, I think it's very high amongst people who boast alot and now fear payback.

I don't do fantasy and I don't boast...so I am an honorable member of the "IN BILL WE TRUST" orginization.

Also, let's face it, there are 31 other teams out there with good people running the team also. If the Patriots never win the SB again I really don't care. I ooted when they were in the gutter and I'll root for them again...I enjoy it alot but it doesn't affect my mood either way.

Patjew said:
Thanks, that actually makes me feel better. Bring on the GD season so we have something to really talk about!

By the way PatJew - let me just add that of your 122 posts this season they've all been stellar. You ask good questions and have good input and insights on the topics of the board.

You don't post a lot but what you do post is worthwhile... of course perhaps I feel that way because I agree with you 95% of the time.

patsox23 said:
patjew,

Patsox, you are both so right and so wrong at the same time. I started posting here last fall, but have been a lurker for over 2 years, just for info. This site is everything you said, and yet it is also the bullseye for everything hysteric, both at the same time. Off season and early FA has always brought the same sort of hysterics. Its part of the game. We will see a bunch of new posters (mostly young and or fantasy league types) who will register, log in and wail in agony at our lack of early big splash moves. They will soon be gone and we will no longer hear from them again. Has happened every year for the last two I have been reading, and now its happening again.

PatJew, come stop by the draft forum. It's a relatively rant-free zone, suitable for geeking out on combine results and positional analysis.

Hope you had a good Purim, by the way.

JoeSixPat said:
By the way PatJew - let me just add that of your 122 posts this season they've all been stellar. You ask good questions and have good input and insights on the topics of the board.

You don't post a lot but what you do post is worthwhile... of course perhaps I feel that way because I agree with you 95% of the time.
Thanks Joe! Though I don't post alot, I do read alot here, and I've gotten alot out of it.

Though I do post enough for my wife to call me a geek.

Patchick and Patjew sittin' in a tree....k-i-s-s-i-n-g

years later, a bunch of Patkids run amok on Patsfans.com

Joker said:
Patchick and Patjew sittin' in a tree....k-i-s-s-i-n-g

years later, a bunch of Patkids run amok on Patsfans.com
Either that or they'll be player agents.

Patjew = Neo-Einstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye