PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This Is Like When Dennis Rodman Joined Michael Jordan and the Bulls

Status
Not open for further replies.

maverick4

Banned
Reaction score
For anyone who remotely follows the NBA, the Randy Moss move could be like when Dennis Rodman joined the Chicago Bulls. The Bulls at the time had already won 3 titles with Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, and Phil Jackson, but after Rodman joined, the Bulls won another 3 straight.

Rodman was a headcase, but he was all business on the court, a vital part of those championship teams, and the strong personality of Jordan kept him in line.

Good analagy. Moss will keep quiet because he will be winning in New England. I may be going out on a limb here, but we may be talking about this team being the best in NFL history in '07.

They will be like the 1989 49ers. Brady finally got his Jerry Rice to throw to.

What about when Ray Bourque went to the Avalanche? Obviously no character issues applied, but it was still an old vet asking to be traded to a contender.

I do like your analogy.

The only difference that I can think of is that Dennis Rodman was content with being a role player doing the gritty work.

Moss is the opposite in that he is the flashy player.

The analogy is still a good one. I realize I am being picky.

I do like your analogy.

The only difference that I can think of is that Dennis Rodman was content with being a role player doing the gritty work.

Moss is the opposite in that he is the flashy player.

The analogy is still a good one. I realize I am being picky.

And Moss has never gone out in public wearing a dress.

That I know of....

:D

For anyone who remotely follows the NBA, the Randy Moss move could be like when Dennis Rodman joined the Chicago Bulls. The Bulls at the time had already won 3 titles with Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, and Phil Jackson, but after Rodman joined, the Bulls won another 3 straight.

Rodman was a headcase, but he was all business on the court, a vital part of those championship teams, and the strong personality of Jordan kept him in line.

You took my post, I was thinking the same thing... Now lets win 3 in a row with this bunch...

I think that is a superb analogy. As Bill Simmons has pointed out, you need a strong personality on a winning team to keep headcases in-line and get them to perform to their potential in a winning way. Mr. Moss, meet Mr. Brady... and Bruschi, and Brown, and Harrison...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back