PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This is disgusting me, jump off the wagon already...

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can and will still win the Superbowl with Matt Cassel as our QB. I have no doubt. If anything this will be a fun year as we completely blow people's minds and piss them off even more.

That's one silver lining. Despite coming off a 16-0 season, the Patriots have found a way to become underdogs again.

If this is a Super Bowl caliber team, then a competent Matt Cassel could be enough to get them there. I'm curious to see what happens. But also, as I've said before, there's no confirmation that Brady is lost for the season, just speculation.

I'm sorry but this is very depressing. Far more depressing than you're willing to make it. Let's face facts right now: we're not getting deep into the playoffs with Matt Cassel or Chris Simms. You can be in denial all you want. If what Schefter said is true, we just lost a Hall of Fame and one of the top 5 QBs of all time for the entire season.

The most important player in the history of this franchise just went down with an expected season-ending injury. Do you REALLY believe everyone is going to think rationally on the same day which this occurs? Give it a few days after we get official word and people calm down a bit.

I think that's the real crux of the matter. A lot of people have to do a little grieving for the vision of the 2008 Patriots team they've been carrying around in their heads for the past six months, which they now have to lay to rest. But next Sunday, they'll be rooting for Cassel & Co. to beat the crap out of the Jets.

I am crushed that Brady may be gone for the year because I feel bad for him getting hurt and I feel bad for myself not getting to watch one of the greatest players of all time play this year.

We have all been waiting 7 months to see our favorite player back in action and all we got was half a quarter and now we may have to wait a whole year to see him again. I love watching Tom Brady play football and it is such a waste that we may not get to see that this year.

This season is not over however and there are 52 other players on this team who still have a lot of talent, enough to win a SB.

Its time to circle the wagons, throw out the fair weather trash and get ready to enjoy the shock on people's faces when we still win. The reports of our death have been greatly exaggerated.

I'm sorry but this is very depressing. Far more depressing than you're willing to make it. Let's face facts right now: we're not getting deep into the playoffs with Matt Cassel or Chris Simms. You can be in denial all you want. If what Schefter said is true, we just lost a Hall of Fame and one of the top 5 QBs of all time for the entire season.

He wasn't a HOF QB in 2001, and that team was less talented than this one. Cassel is also more experienced than Brady was in 2001, which will open up the playbook more than the restricted one we saw Brady run in 2001.

Chris Simms isn't gonna start even if signed unless Cassel got hurt as well.

We are the only team that has Tom Brady, yet we are now a lot worse than all these other teams that don't have him now that we don't have him? Our team is extremely talented from players 2 through 53 and we have a HOF coach in BB, along with a very great coaching staff

He wasn't a HOF QB in 2001, and that team was less talented than this one. Cassel is also more experienced than Brady was in 2001, which will open up the playbook more than the restricted one we saw Brady run in 2001.

Wow, we have the next coming of Brady here I guess:rolleyes:

We are still going to have a good year. So we may not blow out teams by 50 points, who cares. Brady, takes a year off to rehab, gets recharged full of piss and vinegar and comes back '09. We Go to the playoffs, enjoy our year, watch our rookies grow, get younger in the draft, drink beer.

Its football season, we get to watch the Jets fail again. It’s not the friggin end of the earth. I remember what it was like before Brady, I was a fan then, I'm still a fan now and we still have a team.

Wow, we have the next coming of Brady here I guess:rolleyes:

Yea because unless you are the next coming of Brady you cannot possibly be any good nor win a SB... What rock are you under?

Oh and in 2001 Brady wasn't NEARLY as good as he is now. He MANAGED the games with a restricted playbook. Cassel CAN play better than the 2001 Brady and not be as good (nor never become) as Brady is now

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots