PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This is a must-read story on Josh McDaniels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must read is understating it. What a tremendous article. I had no idea how bad things were in Denver.

Edit - Just like it's a damn shame that the timing won't work out to keep JimmyG (barring something unexpected), it's equally a damn shame that the timing won't work out for Josh to succeed Bill (again, barring something unexpected).

I'm shocked people don't realize how bad of a job he did in Denver. There's an entire website devoted to josh mcdaniels stinking up his time in Denver. Google it. He came off as an arrogant ****y punk who players hated, he traded away all the good talent, he made terrible GM decisions, and the assistants hated his guts. I know Broncos fans who are convinced mcdaniels sabatoged Denver as a New England spy because they can't imagine a coach doing that poor of a job while trying his best.

Good to see Josh has learned his lessons. He's a Great O coordinator, maybe he can get one more shot as a HC.

I generally dislike the Bleacher report but this was a great read. Very informative and highlights how everyone can learn and mature. This report also heads some light on Belichick, who unlike the media reports, is a people person and a players coach.

Fantastic article.

Josh is ready.

Failure is part of life. Accept it and look at it as an opportunity. The question is how you learn from it, how you improve and how you measure your improvement.

It's fascinating to see what Josh went through in football as others I know (including myself) go through in their lives.

Young guy -> rapid career advancement based on personal performance -> seat in big chair -> fail miserably -> learn from it and check your ego at the door -> figure out family and what you love to do is priority #1 -> Always improve and embrace being part of a team in all aspects of life leads to happiness.

I'm shocked people don't realize how bad of a job he did in Denver. There's an entire website devoted to josh mcdaniels stinking up his time in Denver. Google it. He came off as an arrogant ****y punk who players hated, he traded away all the good talent, he made terrible GM decisions, and the assistants hated his guts. I know Broncos fans who are convinced mcdaniels sabatoged Denver as a New England spy because they can't imagine a coach doing that poor of a job while trying his best.

Good to see Josh has learned his lessons. He's a Great O coordinator, maybe he can get one more shot as a HC.

Pompei doesn't sugar coat it, either. He makes it clear that the Denver version of McDaniels was a real piece of work.

I'm going to show this article to my daughter, who is trying to help run a high-school organization with a group of boys who are all very smart and talented...and all far more eager to impress on everyone just how smart and talented they are then to help others develop skills and feel valued. McDaniels' story is a good general lesson on leadership, and maybe a ray of hope that arrogant young men actually can learn and grow. :)

Edit - Just like it's a damn shame that the timing won't work out to keep JimmyG (barring something unexpected), it's equally a damn shame that the timing won't work out for Josh to succeed Bill (again, barring something unexpected).

so, in short.......you're saying it is ...... unless it isn't

Great read... familiar in a way... kind of the parable of...

5da0d8f2262b553cb19f33a20683e82e.jpg

...the prodigal coach. :)

Josh should have been much nicer and more compassionate with Peyton Hillis and not hastily traded him for a 6th rounder.

It's irrelevant that Hillis tried to bang his wife at a team Christmas party.

I hope Josh learned from that and is now more accepting and understanding of people.

It's irrelevant that Hillis tried to bang his wife at a team Christmas party.

Think about how that would play in a locker room. I can disagree with him on it, but I can't really fault him for it.

Think about how that would play in a locker room. I can disagree with him on it, but I can't really fault him for it.

I should have added a :p. My bad.

Josh did the right thing there.

There was speculation that Hillis didn't know it was Laura McD but still....

You don't trade a RB who tries to bang your wife.

You demote him to 3rd or 4th on your roster. You only send him in when the opposing defense knows he's going to get the ball and can key in on him. You put him in situations where he has to block the opposing team's best pass rusher and then bootleg your QB away from that side. You have him be the guy in the pattern running the pick. You make sure to take every opportunity that you can, without hurting your team, to put this guy in a situation where he's going to have awful tape from each game.

In short, you ruin his ****ing career.

I read everything on this board but I post little. Thanks to the OP for sharing a fantastic read. A lot of it, not all, relates to life for us all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back