Welcome to PatsFans.com

This is a big scandal for the NBA

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by JackPMiller, Jul 20, 2007.

1. JackPMiller

JackPMiller Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

There is a rumor that I am being told, but not sure if true is he may have refed in the NBA Finals.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/7042010

Report: NBA ref probed for fixing games

The FBI is preparing to arrest an NBA referee and several organized crime associates for fixing the outcomes of games the referee worked in, according to the New York Post.

The report says the number of games in which the group won large bets was in the "double digits" and includes games from the past two seasons.

Sources told the paper the referee had a gambling problem and wound up indebted to mob-related bookies.

The name was not released, but the Post says David Stern has a report on the referee and is aware of the investigation.

Check out the full story from the Post.
  2. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,197 / 15 / -11

Disable Jersey

My 1st love was the NBA with my man, Bill Russell. Sorry to see what's happened.
  3. JackPMiller

JackPMiller Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I think it goes on more than we think with in pro sports and I am not talking about just the NBA. I would not be shocked if umpires in baseball fix games with balls and strikes, safe or out, or is it fair or foul. I think they can fix the games like that, same with football as well.
  4. taltos

taltos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Check tonight's Red Sox game. The umpires got together to get the right call and still took a 3 run homer away from the Red Sox.