PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This has been a trying year for BB

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Gr8est

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/AFC/AFC+East/New+England/WWHI/default.htm

Dec. 18, 2006

Word from New England is that the Patriots’ execution this season has not been as crisp because Bill Belichick has not been able to spend the same amount of time coaching the players as he had in years past — in large part because coaching his less-experienced coordinators has consumed more of his time. Belichick was prepared to lose Romeo Crennel after the 2004 season and had been grooming Eric Mangini to seamlessly transition into the coordinator’s role. Mangini’s sudden departure for the Jets’ head job left no one on the current staff who had Mangini’s familiarity with Belichick’s system. The demand around the league for Belichick’s lieutenants, in effect, has caught up with the coach and really appears to be wearing him down. With injuries to safeties Rodney Harrison and Eugene Wilson, Mangini’s work with the secondary has been particularly missed, as has the loss of other veterans such as Willie McGinest, who was known to self-police the locker room.

Uhhhh....

His dad died and he is the "other man" in a divorce. I think it is fair to say that it has been a trying year regardless of his coaching issues.

I saw that before and it's nonense. The DBs have played a lot better this year, look at the INT and pass defense numbers, and even though Rodney is in and out the DBs have been way healthier this year. We had Hawkins ready to go to replace Wilson this year and Hobbs was more ready to play.

No-one familiar with Belichick's system ? Pees was here last year and with Saban earlier in his career. McGinest known to police the locker room ? Just parts of it from what we heard at the end of last year. We have plenty of lockeroom guys left.

I saw that before and it's nonense. The DBs have played a lot better this year, look at the INT and pass defense numbers, and even though Rodney is in and out the DBs have been way healthier this year. We had Hawkins ready to go to replace Wilson this year and Hobbs was more ready to play.

No-one familiar with Belichick's system ? Pees was here last year and with Saban earlier in his career. McGinest known to police the locker room ? Just parts of it from what we heard at the end of last year. We have plenty of lockeroom guys left.

I actually buy into what it says, but I think it ignores the two biggest factors.

Sanders has been pretty good in place of Harrison also. Nice try by PFT.

That was over 12 months ago. I'm not saying he'll ever get over it but it's not really a "this year" issue.

Sorry. For some reason I was thinking it was this year.

It may be true that Mangini's early departure has been difficult to deal with. But the D has been better. This team's problem has been inconsistent play on offense, due mainly to the unforeseen absence of Branch and the up and down performance of the OL.

It may be true that Mangini's early departure has been difficult to deal with. But the D has been better. This team's problem has been inconsistent play on offense, due mainly to the unforeseen absence of Branch and the up and down performance of the OL.
Right, they could have made a valid point but, instead, threw out a bunch of non issues.

his son getting arrested for pot probably didn't help alleviate stress, either.

Uhhhh....

His dad died and he is the "other man" in a divorce. I think it is fair to say that it has been a trying year regardless of his coaching issues.

His father died last year. But to put a finer point on things, he's going through his own divorce in addition to the mess in New Jersey, plus his son was busted for dope.

It's been a trying couple years, let's give them that.

Pees emergence has been a godsend and there really isn't anything BB would like to do more than whip another team into shape.

With last year's personal tragedies, injuries new coaches etc. it seemed you could cut the stress with a knife by years end. I almost felt relieved for them after Denver.

Let's just assume that all this stuff is true for a moment. He still went 11-4. He is the best coach in the NFL.

if we had a colts like defense then i can say mangini's departure has effected us...that being said,what if romeo gets canned next week..do we get him back?

if we had a colts like defense then i can say mangini's departure has effected us...that being said,what if romeo gets canned next week..do we get him back?

Only if someone comes looking for Dean Pees to be thier HC, not out of the question by any means. There should be some sort of limit on the number of assistants that you can lose in a given period without receiving compensation.

Did any team ever get hit harder with coaching losses during their dynasties?

Only if someone comes looking for Dean Pees to be thier HC, not out of the question by any means. There should be some sort of limit on the number of assistants that you can lose in a given period without receiving compensation.

Did any team ever get hit harder with coaching losses during their dynasties?

95' cowboys - they lost jj the year before along with wanstedt and turner

Only if someone comes looking for Dean Pees to be thier HC, not out of the question by any means.
Romeo could come back and take over the D-line again, I'm sure he would be happy enough. I'd bet Charlie makes a run on him too.

His father died last year. But to put a finer point on things, he's going through his own divorce in addition to the mess in New Jersey, plus his son was busted for dope.

Obviously you guys have been lucky enough not to have lost a parent. When one parent dies, the children generally have to take more responsibilty for the the remaining parent. Since Bill is an only child, my guess is he's had to do alot to make sure his Mom is comfortable. Even though he clearly has enough money to ensure that she is, you still worry and just because a year has passed, doesn't make it any easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes