Welcome to PatsFans.com

This guy is nuts

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +260 / 10 / -11

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/09/12/usaf.weapons.ap/index.html

Air Force chief: Test weapons on testy U.S. mobs

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Nonlethal weapons such as high-power microwave devices should be used on American citizens in crowd-control situations before being used on the battlefield, the Air Force secretary said Tuesday.

The object is basically public relations. Domestic use would make it easier to avoid questions from others about possible safety considerations, said Secretary Michael Wynne.

"If we're not willing to use it here against our fellow citizens, then we should not be willing to use it in a wartime situation," said Wynne. "(Because) if I hit somebody with a nonlethal weapon and they claim that it injured them in a way that was not intended, I think that I would be vilified in the world press."
  2. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Jeesh. I though us lefties were the ones getting the soldiers killed on the battlefield. Not only is this guy dumb for wanting to test a tool by just rolling it out for the first time in an actual confrontation, but what's the fascination with non-lethal weapons on the battlefield at all? I've never been a soldier but even I know enough to pick the M16 over the beanbag gun. I learned that just from Counterstrike.

You wanna test a new gizmo? Just go to the local university in about 6 weeks. By then the money mom and dad sent junior off to college with will have started to get a little thin. When he calls home and they tell him to get a job to pay for his new beer bong, he'll be happy to stand in front of a pepper-pellet gun or even the microwave, ball-cooking thing for $5.00 and no bennies. Problem solved.
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2006
  3. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

This assh-le needs to be fired immediately. This is what the forefathers and Ike were afraid of. I'll be waiting to see if the idiot in the White House demands his resignation. This should show who's really in charge. Anyone wanna put a bet? I'd like to dig in on this one.
  4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

No wait...I got a better idea.
    Wait for a playoff celebration on Yawkey Way and roast a few co-eds!
  5. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,036 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

If he really has to he can use it on the crowd at one of those rock hate music concerts...nobody will miss them. Marilyn manson would be a great start.

For laughs...perhaps the crowd at a State of the Union Address....about time someone jolted them into some action.
  6. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

O-h-h-h-h....YES!
  7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

Use them in prisons, and if unsuccessful then the inmates can file lawsuits and cause financial harm on the local Gov't.. I hear Tuskegee is looking for some crowd control stuff too... lots of opportunities here folks... need to be creative.
  8. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Just checked.
    This prick Wynne still has his job.
    Not a peep from anybody.
  9. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

This guy's a real peice of work. Corruption and backroom dealing are his foundation. His history is a classic example of how this administration works. Revolving door of CEO's with conflicts of interest up the ying-yang. Nothing out of the ordinary.

From an article about this lunatic's career (link below)...

"Following opposition by Senator John McCain (R-AZ), it was anticipated in January 2005 that confirmation of Wynne as full undersecretary was unlikely and that Wynne's name would probably not be sent to the Senate again. "His nomination languished in the Senate for months, after Mr. McCain opposed it, as well as a number of other Pentagon candidates. All pending White House nominations died when Congress adjourned last year," Rowan Scarborough reported (http://www.cwwg.org/wat01.06.05.html) in the Washington Times. "Defense industry executives also said they [had] been told by Pentagon officials that Mr. Wynne will not be renominated by the White House." See "Boeing Lease Deal" section below.

...The June 24, 2005, edition of Inside the Ring by Bill Gertz and Rowan Scarborough reported (http://www.gertzfile.com/gertzfile/ring062405.html) that the "Pentagon inspector general's recently released report on 'accountability' in the Boeing tanker lease deal is not expected to derail the job prospects of Michael W. Wynne."

Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, "who prefers people with CEO experience to run the Army, Air Force and Navy, reached inside Northrop Grumman in the first Bush term to select James G. Roche as his first Air Force secretary. He then nominated Mr. Roche to be Army secretary. But the Senate blocked him over the tanker deal, which Mr. McCain charged was bad for taxpayers and a bailout for Boeing. Mr. Roche then resigned in January." [3] (http://www.wpherald.com/storyview.php?StoryID=20050806-092730-6391r)

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Michael_W._Wynne
  10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +657 / 2 / -9

There was a "newsbreak" a few minutes ago about this, Jimmy Sissy Carter was told about it and he Fainted. :singing: :singing:

Onward Christian Soldiers
    Marching As To War
    With The Cross Of Jesus
    Going On Before
  11. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Where did you see it? Not the part about Carter or the christian soldiers...the other stuff.
  12. BlueTalon

BlueTalon Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

As a conservative, I'm always suspicious of anything Patters says. As a Marine, I am often suspicious of Air Force mentality, so part of me is inclined to agree with Patters about this guy being nuts. However, nothing specific was stated in the article about the nature of any specific non-lethal weapons. I know, for example, that directed low frequency sound waves can create nausea, and so I can see how that might be developed into a non-lethal weapon. Personally, I think it would be hilarious to see a mob of anarchists all locked in a power puke. But I think he did a very clumsy job of selling the idea.

Regarding its use on the battlefield, I think it would be great to have such weapons at our disposal. It would make our jobs a whole lot easier if, in a tight situation, instead of having to pick our targets in the midst of civilians, we could simply incapacitate everyone and then go pick up the bad guys, without worrying about killing civilians. In no way would non-lethal weapons ever replace lethal weapons, but they certainly could supplement our arsenal.
  13. Patters

Ratings:
    +260 / 10 / -11

It's interesting how some conservatives always assume that the weapons will be used only against those you don't approve of. While it's true conservatives like you are more likely to use violence against your fellow citizens (civil rights activists, union workers, etc.), it's also true that political moods change, and the possibility of directing such weapons against radical conservatives (such as those who rioted against the Miami canvassing board in 2001) cannot be ruled out. And by the way, your comment that "it would be hilarious to see a mob of anarchists all locked in a power puke." The Nazis used humiliation in parts of Europe to control protests, such as in Sweden where they would publicly strip protesters. You should try to get the footage; I'm sure it would give you a good laugh.

As far as the use of nonlethal weapons in the battlefield, I've long wondered why humankind hasn't focused on developing those kinds of weapons a lot sooner.
  14. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

What defines a "true conservative" to you?
  15. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +657 / 2 / -9

Now that would be peachy, of course the "Liberal" would insist that "Bad, Bad America" use them, now how about America's enemy, how would the Liberal go about convincing the Smelly Muslim Terrorist to throw Snowballs at us instead of bombs?

Most of the world is JEALOUS of America, they envy our freedoms, our wealth, and our way of life so they want to KILL US, if we smile at them and slobber over them then they will do just that, KILL US and then destroy our country, they will turn America into another "Third World Sh!t Hole".

The best place for this guy to test his weapon is at a "Soccer Game In Europe".

Ratings:
    +260 / 10 / -11

If we can take the high road without increased risk to ourselves, why not do it?

They might be jealous of those who live lives without worry, but I doubt if they're jealous of the Katrina victims. Also, most of the people in the world don't give s!it about politics, and don't give a s!it about the United States. It's the political types, including people like us in this forum, who create the problems.

Well, that's the first good point you've made in awhile!
  17. Patters

Ratings:
    +260 / 10 / -11

While it's true conservatives like you ...

I meant:

While it's true THAT conservatives like you ...!

As far as a "true conservative" goes, I think it's a difficult to define as a "true liberal." But in general a true conservative thinkgs preserving the status quo is more important than promoting change, fiscal prudence is more important than helping the needy, and old values are more important that equal rights. Neocons are a sort weird hybrid of liberal and conservative authoritarianism.
  18. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +509 / 6 / -2

Um, probably because the entire point of a war is to eliminate your enemy.

Kinda reminds me of a situation my friends and I got into about 8 years ago. We got into a beef with some dudes over some ex-girlfriend stupidity. Well, a couple fo my buds were licensed carriers, in the middle of the spat, one my the carriers pulled out his piece and the mental migits ran for there lives. When the cops came, my bud asked the cop if he was justified in flashing his piece and the cop gave him this bit of advice: "if you ever have to use it, shoot to kill, not to wound" When I asked why? The cop replied "if you wound him, he's going to sue you". In war, the more you eliminate, the less you have to fight later.
  19. BlueTalon

BlueTalon Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You're very adept at leaping to conclusions via astounding leaps of logic. Can you point to any specific examples in the last three decades of conservative "violence" against fellow citizens? (Anything that approaches the violence of the liberal approach taken at Waco?)

Perhaps you don't remember the WTO riots in Seattle? Perhaps you haven't been paying attention, but a lot of "protesters" are not people in principled opposition, but target-of-opportunity anarchists who just want to wreak havoc. You know, break windows, smash cars, that sort of thing. If you're seriously comparing a legitimate attempt by American law enforcement to quash that kind of senseless destructive behavior with the Nazi approach to societal control, you've lost all capacity for rational thought, as well as your credibility.
  20. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +657 / 2 / -9

Liberals despise law and order, accountability and discipline, they are notorious for blaming the Victim and Coddling the Rat.

They want you to stay at home at night and turn the Playground over to the Maggots.

The Prisons in Muslim Country's have no problem with "overcrowding" they kill the Rats before they can get to a prison.