PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This Graham thing is getting out of control

Status
Not open for further replies.
as crazy as it may seem, it's actually just a simple matter of supply and demand.

The tight end pool is very limited, and Graham happens to be the best of the bunch. It is good timing on his part, he is a free agent when teams have cap space.

His father was a Bronco, and he grew up in Denver, so the Broncos makes sense. He would also be a gret fit for them.

Good luck Graham, I'll be cheering you on (except for when you play the Pats). You deserve the money that you get, you've been a hard worker and accepted your role on the team even though you didn't like what that role was.

You are a class act, congratulations.

He may be the closest thing to it but that would be like saying a Ford Taurus is the closest thing to a Ferrari if there were nothing in between. Closest . . . but not close. I liked Graham, he was solid and tough. But I doubt we'll notice him gone and he surely isn't a $5M a year player.

Antwaan Randel El is a Honda Civic, but it didn't stop both the Redskins and Bears to throw BMW and Mercedes money at him last season because he was one of the best WRs available.

When teams have tons of money and there is nothing available at a position, teams throw marquee money at less than marquee talent.

Graham is a good player, great blocker and I bet he will catch a lot more balls for another team. I recall him being a good pass option in college.

I suspect the pats are going to sit out the first few days and let the crazy money be dolled out and then go for value. I just can't see them over spending like other teams, even if the market is in the players favor.

Daniel Graham is in the right place at the right time. He's the best TE on the market at a time when the market is awash with cash and a whole load of people running around trying to spend it like a drunk at last orders.

Good luck to him. I liked him as a Pat. I hope he lands in the NFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots