PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This game will make or break Tom Brady's legacy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair or foul: If Brady loses AGAIN to Eli Manning, he'll forever be mocked, and his legacy will take a huge hit. That's not my own perception. I don't agree with that. But he'll likely never ever be seen as the greatest to ever play, losing TWICE to the same QB in the SB. He just won't. Montana apologist will never let that one go. Brady will still seen as great, but I think we all agree at this point he's in the "ballpark" with Montana.

If he wins this game, I think he'll undoubtedly go down as the greatest ever. He has Montana beat in every way if he wins. More post season wins, more SB appearances, same rings, better numbers, etc...

No one will be able to say Montana is better at least.Tom Brady has a chance to be known as the G.O.A.T in this game. This is his moment. This will tell us how truly great he really is. He's already great, but all-time best great? We're going to see.

This is by far and away the most important game in Brady's career. Nothing he's ever done even comes close to magnifying that. Not the 18-0 season(that was the entire team, not one guy). In fact, I don't think any QB in the history of football has as much pressure as what Brady has for this SB.

This game is all about the Great Tom Brady, and where his legacy will go after this game.

I wish him well. I really do. Good luck.

Overreact much?
This game is no more important to Brady than the other 4 SBs.
If Brady loses this SB, then wins the next 2, he is still clearly the GOAT with 5 wins and 7 appearances. Losing a SB is not worse than losing before making it to one.

Eli, irrelevent.

But if Brady is on the losing end of two superbowls, you can't really argue him ahead of Montana.
Of course you can if Brady wins his 4th.
Your argument would entail Montana is better because he lost earlier in the playoffs. That makes no sense.

The problem here with Brady is that u never know when ur going to get back to this point.He has to take advantage and play his best and see if it is enough.The defense will have to give him the possessions.

Being put in a one-game pressure cooker that will decide the fate of your legacy is a proposition that Tom Brady will like, and that is what the OP doesn't understand with his whiny, wussy, poor Brady talk that is supposed to rile everyone up. It's these types of moments that has defined Brady's career.

You don't get to this level by wanting to avoid confrontation or face the weaker team. Although I'm sure they won't admit it publicly, I can pretty much guarantee you that Brady and Belichick are glad to be playing the Giants. And not because they matchup better, but because they need to prove to themselves that they can beat this team. They never thought they'd have this opportunity again...

Last edited:
Being put in a one-game pressure cooker that will decide the fate of your legacy is a proposition that Tom Brady will like, and that is what the OP doesn't understand with his whiny, wussy, poor Brady talk that is supposed to rile everyone up. It's these types of moments that has defined Brady's career.

You don't get to this level by wanting to avoid confrontation or face the weaker team. Although I'm sure they won't admit it publicly, I can pretty much guarantee you that Brady and Belichick are glad to be playing the Giants. And not because they matchup better, but because they need to prove to themselves that they can beat this team. They never thought they'd have this opportunity again...

well. said.

Tom Brady's legacy was made as soon as the Pats won the bowl vs. the Rams...take the rest of the troll nonsense and shove it.

so basically the OP is saying Brady would have been better off not to have made it to yet Another Freakin SB - more legacy points that way...

:bricks:

so basically the OP is saying Brady would have been better off not to have made it to yet Another Freakin SB - more legacy points that way...

Exactly. This isn't boxing. They didn't get to play in it because they had the belt. They had to re-earn and win their way into the Super Bowl.

You always wanna go out on top, but that's not how it works in football. If that's the case most QB's should quit after their first Super Bowl win.

It's a question of degrees. "Break" is not an appropriate term here.

Brady's legacy as one of the greatest of all time is already "made," so it can't be "broken."

A win would enhance Brady's legacy and make him the GOAT in the eyes of all but the most rabid haters. He's already got Montana in just about every stat (Joe rushed more often and for more yards). He has surpassed him in regular season wins and has now tied him for Wins in the post-season. The elusive fourth ring is the only thing standing between Tom Brady and unquestioned and unquestionable supremacy at his position in the history of the League.

But, even if he loses in Indy, he will not "break" his legacy...he will just have missed a second chance to put it over the top.

If you take away those three super bowl wins (and they are tainted) then he is a poor mans Dan Marino.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes