PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This game will be one of the most important in AFC: Denver Broncos @ Baltimore Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kid~Brady

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Denver Broncos @ Baltimore Ravens.

So on December 15th, the Ravens play Denver and obviously, this game has serious seeding implications as far as the Patriots goes. We've beaten the Broncos in the head-to-head matchup but they are on a streak and if they win out and we lose one, then we could be going to Denver. Not to mention that other than that Ravens game, their schedule the rest of the way is cake.

On the other hand, Baltimore has already beaten us head-to-head and is sitting pretty at 9-2, thanks to the Chargers meltdown last week. As we all know, its tough to play in Baltimore and Lewis seems like he's almost there.

With this being said, which team should we root for? Ravens or Broncos? I know their are other games that will effect the playoffs seeding but this one is a win-win, but could also be worse for the Patriots. Thoughts?

Last edited:
I might be too optimistic, but I think we have a good chance of running the table on the rest of the games, so I would be rooting for a Ravens loss.

Root for the Broncos in that game, root for the Ravens to lose another game, and (of course) root for the Patriots to win out.

ask me again when dec. 14 rolls around, i think either of those teams may drop one by then (and maybe even we will)

but you're looking 2 games ahead, really a lot can happen in 2 weeks

So on December 15th, the Ravens play Denver and obviously, this game has serious seeding implications as far as the Patriots goes. We've beaten the Broncos in the head-to-head matchup but they are on a streak and if they win out and we lose one, then we could be going to Denver. Not to mention that other than that Ravens game, their schedule the rest of the way is cake.

On the other hand, Baltimore has already beaten us head-to-head and is sitting pretty at 9-2, thanks to the Chargers meltdown last week. As we all know, its tough to play in Baltimore and Lewis seems like he's almost there.

With this beaing said, which team should we root for? Ravens or Broncos? I know their are other games that will effect the playoffs seeding but this one is a win-win, but could also be worse for the Patriots. Thoughts?

GOOOOOOOOOOOOO BRONCOS!!!

The worst thing for us would be a tie.

Since the head-to-head advantage is held versus the Broncos, and the Ravens seem to be getting worse every week. Gotta go for the 2 seed! Go Elway..I mean um, who is their QB..oh, that guy.

Personally, the only game I consider important right now is NE @ Miami on Sunday.

Personally, the only game I consider important right now is NE @ Miami on Sunday.

:agree:

A lot can happen in that time. I remember in the not too distant past the dolphins were tied for first in the division.

That Den@Bal is huge...

If the Pats win out, a BAL loss will create a 3-team tie with the Pats winning the tie-breakers.

Also, with the Pats winning out, a second loss by Houston in the next 5 weeks would mean a 4-team tie at the top, with the Pats winning the Tie-breakers :)

Losing to Sea and Ariz (NFC teams) helps us out...

Normally, it is a no brainer to root for the Broncos, but I may say root for the Ravens. The Ravens have a much tougher schedule the rest of the way Steelers, Broncos, Redskins, Giants, and Bengals). They could lose two or three games while still beating the Broncos. The Broncos' best shot at losing is the Ravens' game.

I still think the Pats still have a good shot at running the table and even getting the #1 seed (I can't see the Texans' luck holding out much longer), but I would like to see Denver to lose at least one and Baltimore to lose two just in case.

If the playoffs were tomorrow would you feel better about a playoff game in denver or Baltimore? As it stands right now I believe we would crush Baltimore. Denver has the altitude and Mannings officials to combat.

It's pretty simple. You root for the Ravens to guarantee (more or less) the 3 seed for us. We still have to take care of business against Houston and SF which is one tall order. We're going to learn a lot about our team this December.

I agree this is an important game. Right now, I'm just speaking solely on teams that will actually be in the playoffs. I know a loss to the Phins could also play part in our seeding, but I'm just talking about this game for now. We've had plenty other threads on general seedings and the games leading up to it.

I want Bal to win because the Broncos have a cakewalk the rest of the year. Denver could also lose to Tampa. Ravens have a much tougher road and could easily lose 2 more games later on. They may be the last team that is favored over Denver the rest of the year. But Ravens have to deal with the Giants and Redskins and a not-so-easy division finale with Cincy. I think they're toast, especially if Ray Lewis makes Harbaugh play him the rest of the season.

It's simple - if we win out we will get a bye. I know that is not true mathematically right now but without a doubt Houston and Baltimore are going to drop some games. Houston and Baltimore are not getting stronger. We are.

Houston will be the #1 seed, but we are going to get the #2 seed and then we're going to host Denver in the AFCCG because Denver is the other team that is getting stronger as the season wears on.

God I hate these sort of posts in obvious speculation threads. If you aren't interested in speculating why bother posting?

'One game at a time' is a great mantra for the team but one of the benefits of being a fan is we can do all the dumbass speculating we want. Some of us think it is fun.

With this being said, which team should we root for? Ravens or Broncos? I know their are other games that will effect the playoffs seeding but this one is a win-win, but could also be worse for the Patriots. Thoughts?

And How about NE @ Miami on Sunday? that game you are talking about don't me squat if NE lose on Sunday. Seriously lets take it one game at at time.

Last edited:
And How about NE @ Miami on Sunday? that game you are talking about don't me squat if NE lose on Sunday. Seriously lets take it one game at at time.

I understand this. Again, I am just focusing on the Ravens and Broncos game. Its a common fact that we NEED to win each game here on out, thats obvious. But I'm just talking about this game, this one time.

I understand the games we play have the most impact on where we stand but I'm speculating about this game because both teams ALSO mean alot to where we could "possibly" seed.

Seriously.

Last edited:
make them tie the game and then fire all their coaches and players

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey