PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This game wasn't as close as the score

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Hats off to the Jets for making a game of. I was sure nervous.

But really, without that incredible play were everyone on the Pats thought Cotchrey was down, this game remains a laugher!

Pats defense was dominating except for that play, and the big play by Coles!

Last edited:
nah i will give the Jets credit. This game was exactly as close as the score. They never gave up and the pats started playing like crap. They got 2 great plays from their WR and fought us hard.

I have to admit the JETS (they earned that one, but that's it :) ) played well in the second half; like BB, I think, Mangini made some good adjustments at halftime. Plus, I think the O got a little ****y at times (that long bomb that turned into an INT, for example). OTOH, the Pats definitely made the JEST pay for their mistakes, too. :D

What I want to know, now, though: who blew the coverage that let Ghost's FG get blocked? :enranged:

Last edited:
desi-patsfan said:
nah i will give the Jets credit. This game was exactly as close as the score. They never gave up and the pats started playing like crap. They got 2 great plays from their WR and fought us hard.

No it wasn't. Aside from 1 dumb luck play, 1 great run by Coles and some horrible officiating, this game was a laugher. Over/under on how many times Seymour was held and it wasn't called? 20? 25? I can't even count how many times I saw him bust into the backfield, get collared around the neck and no flag was thrown. The Jets should count their lucky stars this game wasn't 31-0 or 38-0.

Sweet sig pic ctpats

sarge said:
Hats off to the Jets for making a game of. I was sure nervous.

But really, without that incredible play were everyone on the Pats thought Cotchrey was down, this game remains a laugher!

Pats defense was dominating except for that play, and the big play by Coles!

That is one of the most biased and ignorant posts I have read in a really long time. Why sit there and make the game sound like something it wasnt? Sure the first half was lopsided but after Cotchery's big play, the Jets got fired up and were competitive the rest of the game.
Hats off go to the Jets for playing a full 4 qtrs. and never giving up. Boy, it sure is funny how the last two teams we have played were supposed to be sure "EASY" wins. The NFL is getting crazy. To all the Jets fans out there. Way to stay at the stadium and urge ur boys on, ya'll almost pulled it off. Good game.

Well, I for one was not laughing.

Richter said:
No it wasn't. Aside from 1 dumb luck play, 1 great run by Coles and some horrible officiating, this game was a laugher. Over/under on how many times Seymour was held and it wasn't called? 20? 25? I can't even count how many times I saw him bust into the backfield, get collared around the neck and no flag was thrown. The Jets should count their lucky stars this game wasn't 31-0 or 38-0.

Oops, I spoke too soon. This one has to take the cake. LMAO!!!

MrClutch said:
Sweet sig pic ctpats

I'll take the hat tip, but the credit should go to T-ShirtDynasty, who made it. :)

holyredeemer said:
That is one of the most biased and ignorant posts I have read in a really long time. Why sit there and make the game sound like something it wasnt?

Ignorant????

I posted that if that play doesn't happen it remains a laugher, and that is a fact!

Nothing ignorant about that other then your idiot post!

When most people disagree they disagree.

You decide to be ass!

sarge said:
Ignorant????

I posted that if that play doesn't happen it remains a laugher, and that is a fact!

You decide to be ass!

No, the fact that you completely discredit a teams play just blows my mind. How do you know that if that big play by Cotchery doesnt happen, that Pennington doesnt make another completion for a big gain later on?
Those big plays were earned, and kept them in the game. I dont care how dominant our damn defense is, they just need to keep points off the board. So, call me an ass or whatever. I said ur post was ignorant, not that you were ignorant. And, I will stay behind what I say. That post was ignorant.

sarge said:
Ignorant????

You decide to be ass!

It's coming from a Jets fan, what do you expect? They can have their moral victory on the heels of dumb luck and bad officiating, I'll take the real W and the knowledge that the Pats are a considerably better football team than the Jests.

Richter said:
It's coming from a Jets fan, what do you expect? They can have their moral victory on the heels of dumb luck and bad officiating, I'll take the real W and the knowledge that the Pats are a considerably better football team than the Jests.

Guess you'll be in the meetings telling BB hes an idiot when he regurgitates the same words I have just said as well huh? To call a good game and hard playing by the opponent as dumb luck is asinine.

holyredeemer said:
No, the fact that you completely discredit a teams play just blows my mind. How do you know that if that big play by Cotchery doesnt happen, that Pennington doesnt make another completion for a big gain later on?
Those big plays were earned, and kept them in the game. I dont care how dominant our damn defense is, they just need to keep points off the board. So, call me an ass or whatever. I said ur post was ignorant, not that you were ignorant. And, I will stay behind what I say. That post was ignorant.

No one says they weren't earned!

IT was a great play!

I don't know what happens if that play doesn't happen, but I believe it would have remained a laugher!

The Jets fed off that play and would not have had the momentum without it!

I think there is a strong chance the Jets walk away with maybe 7 points total if that play doesn't happen!

They very well may have scored none! Nothing ignoant about that!

Whether you called me or my post ignorant, you acted like a straight up ass! So take it however!

holyredeemer said:
Guess you'll be in the meetings telling BB hes an idiot when he regurgitates the same words I have just said as well huh? To call a good game and hard playing by the opponent as dumb luck is asinine.

When a guy gets blasted, and all that keeps him from hitting the ground is a defender under him, and he scores as a result, that's dumb freaking luck, period. The Jests did NOTHING to that point. Combine that with the play clock running out on the Coles TD play (which wasn't called, even if Coles did make a great play) and rampant holding by your makeshift offensive line that the officials kindly looked the other way from, and you can color me unimpressed. And why did your team wait until midway through the third quarter to start playing hard? Give me a break, it wasn't a good game, it was a game where everything broke in favor of the Jests and they couldn't get the job done, simple as that.

Richter said:
When a guy gets blasted, and all that keeps him from hitting the ground is a defender under him, and he scores as a result, that's dumb freaking luck, period. The Jests did NOTHING to that point. Combine that with the play clock running out on the Coles TD play (which wasn't called, even if Coles did make a great play) and rampant holding by your makeshift offensive line that the officials kindly looked the other way from, and you can color me unimpressed. And why did your team wait until midway through the third quarter to start playing hard? Give me a break, it wasn't a good game, it was a game where everything broke in favor of the Jests and they couldn't get the job done, simple as that.

Dude, stop referring to "YOU" as if I am a J-E-T-S fan. Get ur **** together. And, had Maroney, or Brown or any other player had made that same play u know damn well you would be arguing that it was because of his tenacity and never give up attitude that got that play for him. So dont turn it around the other way. Cotchery couldve easily just given up and gone down. Instead, if you re-watch the play. He plants his toes into the ground on his back foot in order to stay up and keep fighting. That so called BLASTED hit isnt **** if you cant wrap up the damn ball carrier.
Also, the whistle was never blown, so shame on OUR defenders for not playing to that damn whistle. It wasnt luck that gave him or Coles their big plays. It was a poor mental decision by our safety on Cotchery's play and poor tackling on Coles play that allowed them to have that score. Like I said. Just tell it how it is, and thats how it was. BB and company are going to be saying that same **** in tue. film session. Would you like to know how I know that? Because its basic fundamental football knowledge.

The Patriots were dominant where it counts the most. The LOS on both sides of the ball. Had they Patriots DB's executed tackling properly even the score would have been wider.

I'm with Sarge. There were some good plays by the jesters but some totally freaky plays that typically wouldn't have happened. Also, the INT on the deep ball should have been PI against the jesters. And the hit on Cotchery would have been a great hit 999 times out of a 1000. Only our players was lying on the ground. Even before our last liong drive I wasn't worried because I had complete confidence the jesters couldn't score a TD unless we gave it to them with missed tackles.

holyredeemer said:
Dude, stop referring to "YOU" as if I am a J-E-T-S fan. Get ur **** together. And, had Maroney, or Brown or any other player had made that same play u know damn well you would be arguing that it was because of his tenacity and never give up attitude that got that play for him. So dont turn it around the other way. Cotchery couldve easily just given up and gone down. Instead, if you re-watch the play. He plants his toes into the ground on his back foot in order to stay up and keep fighting. That so called BLASTED hit isnt **** if you cant wrap up the damn ball carrier.
Also, the whistle was never blown, so shame on OUR defenders for not playing to that damn whistle. It wasnt luck that gave him or Coles their big plays. It was a poor mental decision by our safety on Cotchery's play and poor tackling on Coles play that allowed them to have that score. Like I said. Just tell it how it is, and thats how it was. BB and company are going to be saying that same **** in tue. film session. Would you like to know how I know that? Because its basic fundamental football knowledge.

You talk like a damn Jets fan, so I assume you are one. As for the rest, if there was a point in there, it's lost on me, because your rant was incoherent. I'm fairly sure, though, that you don't have the first clue what is going to happen inside the organization on Tuesday. :rolleyes:

I think the point is that the Cotchery play was a freak occurance and simply won't happen again, regardless of fault or blame or credit. Who knows what could have happened after that.

I think the fact that it was 24-0 in the 3rd quarter should be proof enough to anybody that we ran away with this one, even if the Jets did end up rallying late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes