PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This game means more to us than it should

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Patriot Guy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
As fans, we need to realize that the players won't be seeing this game the same way we will.

They are looking at it as a way to get to 2-0 against a tough conference opponent. Of course, they'll have a little extra juice for this one because it's San Diego and now they have people questioning how good they really are. However, this isn't their season, and we shouldn't look at it that way either.

I think a lot of us are afraid of the possible trash talk we'll read on the board or the media reaction if we lose. Just remember, anyone that will come here to smack talk about how we "can't win without cheating" doesn't give a crap about how good San Diego is. They would do the same thing if we lost to a team compiled of clones of the greatest NFL Hall of Famers. They'll do it no matter what just to get under our skin.

As we've been seeing, more and more people with real ties to the NFL are seeing this whole thing as a stupid development over something that they know goes on or have even done themselves.

I want to win this game tonight because it could be critical in the long run for playoff seeding. That's it. I don't care about proving anything to anyone. Yeah, I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to see us soundly beat the Chargers but at the same time, I'm not afraid of us losing either. A loss means we're 1-1 and a tough conference opponent has a tie-breaker over us. It doesn't mean that everyone may have been right about us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes