Welcome to PatsFans.com

This Duke Lacrosse thing is getting out of hand..

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by FreeTedWilliams, Apr 15, 2006.

1. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +88 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

From ESPN:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=2408503

The more I hear about this case the more two words come to my mind:

Tawayna Brawley

I thought when all the players immeadiatley gave up the DNA, that they were sure that they were all innocent. Now yesterday some hack lawyer was on WEEI talking about running against the DA prosecuting the case? Why would WEEI even care about the Raleigh/Durham DA race? Now two detectives show up at the dorm and try to question kids, WHO THEY KNOW ALREADY HAVE LAWYERS, this is a very big NO, NO. The kids, being Duke students, knew enought to call thier lawyers before talking to the Cops. I can't see how seasoned detectives, (yes even ones from Durham) would do this, unless they were ordered be the DA. Granted this case has everything the media loves, rich vs poor & white vs black, however it appears that the simple truth is they didn't do it. Did they hire a stripper, yes, anyone here who was in a college frat wish to deny that your frat hired strippers for parties? No saying it's right, just saying it's legal. But my bet is that they somehow insulted, or even worse, didn't pay her, and then the rest is payback time. The DA hoping to capitalize on championing the poor balck over the rich white jumped on this case with both feet made all kinds of predictions and announcements and now is somehow trying to save face.

Remember there is always two sides to every story, espically is police work, and the DA forgot about that and now he has a full fledge three ring circus on his hands, good luck with that!
  2. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The DA is pandering to the black community in a pathetic attempt to save his job, but all he is doing is pissing off both sides. The black community is pissed at him for not prosecuting harder and issuing warrants and setting up the electric chair, and the white community is pissed that he is still pursuing a case where all the evidence is demonstrating the LAX players - while probably lowlifes themselves -are innocent of the charge of rape.
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +297 / 1 / -9

Whitey is getting kicked around again, bad, bad Whitey.
    Racist B astards.:rocker:
  4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Precisely, that is why there is a constitution and due process afforded to the victim...this situation as in so many, have gotten tooooo much air time, and it has become a story played out in the press instead of the courts...whatever happens happens, but my hope is for fairness on both sides. WEEI has all the answers though..
  5. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

FTW's link reports that the players refused to talk with investigators and the defense expects the DA to ask a grand jury to indict one or more players. In addition, it's quite obvious the defense is trying this case in the media.

As I did in the Vince Foster case, I trust the police and prosecutors here to do an honest job. From what the defense attorneys have said, it certainly look like this woman could be a fraud, but until the prosecution drops the case (or presents unconvincing evidence), I'll assume there's a nother side to the story.

From everything I've read so far, I expect the prosecutor to drop the case, but who knows, the only things I've read have come from the defense.
  6. Full_Tilt_Full_Time

Full_Tilt_Full_Time Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

A black stripper accuses bunch of student-athletes of rape, the coach resigns (probably under pressure), and the team has it's season cancelled. The DNA evidence comes back with no matches. So what if they discover she's lying? A coach has lost his job and a team it's season. What would happen if it was a white stripper and a predominately black team? I'll bet the coach would still be employed and no one would dream of cancelling the season.
  7. Patters

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

I think there are two issues. (1) Something happened that embarrassed the school and the community. (2) There may have been a crime. I think the season was canceled because of reason 1. Wild parties with strippers, passed out drunks, and possible crimes is not something the university wants to support. We've seen similar things in MAs, when Universities cracked down severely on drinking and partying because of one tragic death.

If it had been a white stripper and a black team, many people would have already convicted the team and assumed the woman was innocent.

The only fair thing to do is to recognize that the defense is trying the case in public, while the prosecution hasn't said much. It's best to wait and see.
  8. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +297 / 1 / -9

If it were a "White Stripper" and a "Black Team" the only way you would have heard about it would have been to "Click On Fox News" they tell you everything the Elite Media doesn't want you to know.

When it comes to "Minorities" the double standard immediatly kicks in.

Bad Bad Whitey.
  9. Patters

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

Harry, if it was a white stripper and a black team, people like you and Fox employees would assume the black team was guilty. Bad bad bigots.
  10. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +297 / 1 / -9

Just like the Politically Correct, The Black Community, The Liberals, and every Do-Gooder in America assume the "Whitey Team" is guilty.

Racism is alive and well in America, Whitey is on the receiving end of a great deal of it, but liberals don't believe that is possible, it doesn't fit their little view of the way things should be, to them Whitey is always "the bad guy".
  11. Patters

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

Harry, I don't think liberal America is assuming the lacrosse players are guilty. What we are assuming is that something went on that was tawdry and sexist, so there's no real sympathy for the lacrosse players, but we don't want them to be railroaded into a conviction. So far the only evidence, that presented by the defense, suggests the woman was not raped.

Your impression of the liberal views on this matter on based on what? Your own guilty assumption that the black woman had to be a liar? YOr is it actually based on something you read? Even Jesse Jackson has said that his group wants to help the woman get an education, "even if her story proves false." So, Harry, your assumption is based on your own prejudices. You see, Harry, how your prejudices backfire and make you look foolish?
  12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +297 / 1 / -9

Yeah, OK

Not prejudice but reality, most liberals can't get it , it just doesn't click, they mean well but they live in the land of OZ.

Tawdry and Sexist, that fits the Stripper to a "T".
  13. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

But not the guys that hired her...? It takes at least two for a strip-tease. Otherwise it's just a strip.
  14. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +297 / 1 / -9

Yup your right, I'm not defending them, I'm bashing the double standard system that immediatly turns it "RACIAL" then it is always Whitey that is the bad guy.

As for the Lacrosse Team I see them as a bunch of Snotty, Spoiled Brat, College Jerks that see themselves as "Brainy Superiors". I grew up in Cambridge, I had that type all around me, a bunch of a ss holes. (not all but many)
  15. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

After hundreds of years of being taken on ships and sold into slavery, being counted as 3/5 of a person, denied the right to vote, forced to sit in the back of the bus, attacked by police & national guard troops for trying to go to school, and still being discriminated against to this day, you'll have to forgive black people for being a little jumpy when it comes to the way they've been treated.
  16. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +297 / 1 / -9

YUP.................
  17. Chevy

Chevy Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

No ... I don't. There is no slavery in the US, schools are there for the taking, opportunities are there for the taking.

However, black "culture" looks at these things and labels anyone taking advantage of them as "an Uncle Tom ... Just trying to be white".

Hip-Hop, Rap, MTV, and the prevailing black community attitude is holding more people back than any old school racists.
  18. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Some people - black or white - are lazy. Everyone knows that.

But I don't think we live in an equal society either, so we can't just discount anyone that mentions race as trying to get an unfair advantage. You tell me - do you think society gives hard-working blacks as much opportunity as equally hard-working whites?
  19. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +297 / 1 / -9

I can't say all this they will be all over me like white on rice, if you try to tell them "reality" you are a nazi bigot homophobe red neck racist Neo Con.

They can't see the forest there are two many f-cking trees blocking their little narrow minded view of "butterflys milk and honey".

How long will this and future generations of Whiteys have to take the blame for slavery, it was another time and another way of life.

Nobody ever condems the people that sold the slaves TO the slave traders, the slaves were rounded up bound and then sold to the white slave trader by the "Slaves Own People, Black Africans, They Sold Their Own People To The Slave Trader" why is this never mentioned.

What a bunch of sh!t, whine whine whine, blubber blubber.
  20. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Glad we've got your whining to keep us in line - else we'd whine too much. Or something.