PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This Draft Board Is Apparently Not A Draft Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
This draft board is now being used for the single purpose of the mock draft. I guess draft discussions need to move to the main board or other sites. It is sad to lose the input of so many.

mgteich said:
This draft board is now being used for the single purpose of the mock draft. I guess draft discussions need to move to the main board or other sites. It is sad to lose the input of so many.

whoa whoa whoa!

this forum was doing great, and is still doing fine--what would you have us do?? it is the draft season, and we have been keeping our draft talk here when possible--isn't that the point? the mock has been a great addition, with some of the most active and interested posters involved. I'm quite proud of my picks and have enjoyed the experience (but for some lulls).

what would you have us do differently?

Flying Fungi said:
whoa whoa whoa!

this forum was doing great, and is still doing fine--what would you have us do?? it is the draft season, and we have been keeping our draft talk here when possible--isn't that the point? the mock has been a great addition, with some of the most active and interested posters involved. I'm quite proud of my picks and have enjoyed the experience (but for some lulls).

what would you have us do differently?
I agree Fungi 100%. I have had a blast, the lulls kill me and I do feel we could be more organized and use less threads but I have told several of my friends about our interactive mock and how knowledgible Pats fans are and they have been jealous that their fan sites suck so bad.

I personally, IMHO, don't think the sky is falling:bricks:

Let's take the board back with real draft threads, baby :rocker:

mgteich said:
I guess draft discussions need to move to the main board or other sites.

I think most of the draft threads are on the main board now anyway.

right, what else is going to be posted on the main board right now besides draft talk? I mean, that's the big event in the NFL right now, isn't it? I don't understand why the draft threads wouldnt be there in the first place starting with the combine...

Another prime example of the superiority complex that seems to run rampant on this board.

Last edited:
mgteich said:
I know. This was a great board for a while. In fact, I was wondering why people posted draft information on the Fan board. Then suddenly this place was swamped with mock drat picks picks and conversation. Nothing to do with discussing the draft at all, and I saw why people were posting all their draft stuff on the main board, which is where I have been.

No one has any problem with posters posting about anything football-related they want, or even on almost anything else. There is a board for everythingIMHO, Ian simply should have starting a mock draft board, or we should have all made clear that the mock had taken over this board, and that discussions of the real draft should be moved to the regular board. There would have been nothing wrong with that. After all, the reason the draft board was started was so that there could be some division of the variosus discussions.

It is not a matter of superiority. It is a matter of coming to a draft board and opening thread after thread and not knowing whether Denver had made a real trade or whether it was part of the mock. The issue was confusion, easily solved by moving most of the draft discussions to the main board, perfectly reasonable during the couple of weeks before and after the draft.

Personally, I don't enjoy fan interactive mocks or fantasy football. But I understand the appeal, and undestand that many, many posters enjoys those activities.

For me, How would we all feel if the main board had a week's discussion of fastasy football, with a draft of players for a fantasy league. Many would be involved, and that would be great. There's no problem here. I think the mock was a great diversion for some while we wait for the draft.

And I'm sure there are many fans who can't even understand why get so excited about the draft.

mgteich said:
No one has any problem with posters posting about anything football-related they want, or even on almost anything else. There is a board for everythingIMHO, Ian simply should have starting a mock draft board, or we should have all made clear that the mock had taken over this board, and that discussions of the real draft should be moved to the regular board. There would have been nothing wrong with that. After all, the reason the draft board was started was so that there could be some division of the variosus discussions.

It is not a matter of superiority. It is a matter of coming to a draft board and opening thread after thread and not knowing whether Denver had made a real trade or whether it was part of the mock. The issue was confusion, easily solved by moving most of the draft discussions to the main board, perfectly reasonable during the couple of weeks before and after the draft.

Personally, I don't enjoy fan interactive mocks or fantasy football. But I understand the appeal, and undestand that many, many posters enjoys those activities.

For me, How would we all feel if the main board had a week's discussion of fastasy football, with a draft of players for a fantasy league. Many would be involved, and that would be great. There's no problem here. I think the mock was a great diversion for some while we wait for the draft.

And I'm sure there are many fans who can't even understand why get so excited about the draft.

I'm right there with you on all counts, Teich. At this time of year, it's natural that the main board would be heavy with draft talk. What I'd like to see is sort of the way it worked out this year: main board for discussions like should the Pats trade up, team needs in the draft, which roster spots are secure and which will be filled with rookies, etc. In fact I can't see why such talk wouldn't want to be on the main forum.

I have zero interest in most of the audience-participation drafts, etc. that have been on the Draft Forum, so I'm glad it's in another place to keep all that "junk" out of the main forum. Certainly we should all agree to keep "fictional" posts out of the main forum! Also, when people start posting about who we should take in rounds lower than Round 1, and it's a bunch of names I really don't know, I lose all interest in reading it, and am glad for that type of post to be on the Draft Forum. I think Round One speculation is appropriate for the main forum. Not sure if this is logical, but there's my 2 cents.

I agree, there should have been a different forum. In defense of the mock, I don't think we acticipated this many different threads. Most of these are due to the fact that too many of the drafters are off the board for prolonged periods of time while they're on the clock.

In the future, it might be a good idea to set up a new board for the mock draft. It's still not too late to do it this year, considering we're only starting the 3rd round. I wouldn't know how to go about it though.

bucky said:
I agree, there should have been a different forum. In defense of the mock, I don't think we acticipated this many different threads. Most of these are due to the fact that too many of the drafters are off the board for prolonged periods of time while they're on the clock.

In the future, it might be a good idea to set up a new board for the mock draft. It's still not too late to do it this year, considering we're only starting the 3rd round. I wouldn't know how to go about it though.

I'd agree with this...I have nothing against the mock, wish I had the time to participate. But out of consideration to everybody else, could the mock participants please come up with some way to communicate other than starting dozens of chat threads on the main draft board? (I'm at my mother-in-law's on a dial-up connection, and clicking on thread after thread not knowing whether they're fantasy or reality makes browsing practically impossible.)

How about simply this: each day, post a thread called "Interactive Draft: Saturday" and post all that day's ID stuff in that thread. Use private messaging for trade requests and to corral wayward drafters.

the funny thing is--a couple of years ago this specific forum didn't even exist...

I understand the desire to organize and categorize, but <clicking> on page 2 or 3 and data mining for real threads from known quality posters can't possibly be that stress inducing, can it?

Whichever--I'm just not into online drama--so whatever the moderators decide is fine by me.

patchick said:
How about simply this: each day, post a thread called "Interactive Draft: Saturday" and post all that day's ID stuff in that thread. Use private messaging for trade requests and to corral wayward drafters.
A good idea...BRAVO!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back