PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This could be Chad Johnson's breakout game! (Super Bowl edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Ocho has a big impact on the game's outcome, we can say that the Ocho experiment was very worth it.

I get a vision of a headline tomorrow: "The Six Million Dollar Catch" :D

We needed this thread. Its weekly appearance got us 1st seed and to the SB. Not the time to change now. :)

He hasn't done a thing all year but suddenly he's going to be a game changer. I hope I'm wrong but I have a hard time believing that.
The Super Bowl's history is chock full of absolute nobodies having an impact on the game. We need look no further than David Tyree 4 years ago. Guy had 4 catches in 2007, and would never catch another ball again, but made one of the biggest plays in Super Bowl history.

I think using Ochocinco to stretch the field would be a good idea.

My SB line prediction for Ocho:
5 rec, 67 yds, 1 td
1 badass MHK celebration in the end zone.

Giants will blitz and basically have nothing focused on Ocho, its a matter of if Brady throws to him or waits for the smart timing route by his trusted receivers (giving the Giants the pressure they seem to live off).

They should let him go for a few in the no huddle early, if it fails its still early.

He can? Really?

He was open deep several times this year, but Brady overthrew him.

He also dropped an easy deep TD catch early in the season. Not exactly a point in his favor, but he did beat his guy soundly.

On topic:

We know neither jack nor squat what 85 is capable of at this point. No one knows a hundredth of what BB knows about his personnel, and BB thinks he's one of the best 45 to play in the damn Super Bowl. Good enough for me.

He also dropped an easy deep TD catch early in the season. Not exactly a point in his favor, but he did beat his guy soundly.

Several times is a severe overstatement, as is Brady overthrowing him.
He ran an awful lot of plays to only be open those few times.
If you are saying there is some possibility he could get open, OK. If you are saying he is better able to get open than more NFL WRs than he is not better than, sorry, no.

Giants will blitz and basically have nothing focused on Ocho, its a matter of if Brady throws to him or waits for the smart timing route by his trusted receivers (giving the Giants the pressure they seem to live off).

They should let him go for a few in the no huddle early, if it fails its still early.

A fast start is important.

I'm really hoping josh mcdaniels fixed that over these two weeks.

TB12 and c85 could be the difference maker.

I hope he wins superbowl MVP for three reasons.

1. It means pats win (most importatn)
2. It would be talked about all off season if BB held him back as a game plan
3. I'd win 1000 dollars form a 5 dollar bet.

I do think he will make a big play in this game. Maybe 30 plus yard play in the first half.

Several times is a severe overstatement, as is Brady overthrowing him.
"Several: being more than two or three, but not many."
You can't Jedi mindtrick me, because I saw it often enough to get frustrated and yell, "They're gonna hook up on one of those eventually!"

He ran an awful lot of plays to only be open those few times.
So we agree that he was open deep.

If you are saying there is some possibility he could get open, OK. If you are saying he is better able to get open than more NFL WRs than he is not better than, sorry, no.
Someone said, "He can still get open." You said, "He can? Really?" And he can. Really.

For the last time, stop thinking you know a fraction of what BB does about his team.

Just to note:

15 receptions all season long
2 weeks to work on specific plays and packages
1 WR alternative cut loose
0.5 over/under on catches, per Vegas

It won't take much to be a breakout game. Have at it, folks..... :)

The stars are aligned. I can just feel it!

He better, he was my dark dark dark horse candidate for MVP

To his credit, Ocho has not tweeted a single statement since Jan. 29th.

His finance has complained via twitter that Ocho has not said two words to her either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes