PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This could be Chad Johnson's breakout game! (Super Bowl edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deus Irae

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Just to note:

15 receptions all season long
2 weeks to work on specific plays and packages
1 WR alternative cut loose
0.5 over/under on catches, per Vegas

It won't take much to be a breakout game. Have at it, folks..... :)

If he catches a pass it will be a big game for him.
The only real fact that leads me to believe there is a chance that he will even be noticable is that he was targetted 5 times vs the Giants, so there could be something in what they do that makes him a good option.

I can't wait for the game to be over so I can stop reading stuff like this.

And it's Ochocinco. He legally changed his name to that. Do you still call Mohammed Ali, Cassius Clay?

If the Giants play a lot of cover 1, I expect Ochosucko could have some balls thrown his way, because he can still get open.

I can't wait for the game to be over so I can stop reading stuff like this.

And it's Ochocinco. He legally changed his name to that. Do you still call Mohammed Ali, Cassius Clay?

1.) I set up the thread as a lark, and because someone else would eventually have set one up.

2.) If you want to call him Ochocinco, go ahead. I'll call him Chad Johnson. I assume you don't call anyone by their nicknames, of course, since those aren't legal.

Last edited:
2.) If you want to call him Ochocinco, go ahead. I'll call him Chad Johnson. I assume you don't call anyone by their nicknames, of course, since those aren't legal.

If I legally changed my name to "oldskool138", I'd expect you to call me that instead of the name I changed it from.

If he catches a pass it will be a big game for him.
The only real fact that leads me to believe there is a chance that he will even be noticable is that he was targetted 5 times vs the Giants, so there could be something in what they do that makes him a good option.

The Giants werent repsecting the deep outside routes when we played them last time, I guess they were trying to loosen things up a bit, wouldnt be surprised if they see the same coverages to do it again, hopefully Chad and Tom can connect on one long one, thats all it would take,

If I legally changed my name to "oldskool138", I'd expect you to call me that instead of the name I changed it from.

And I'd laugh at you while continuing to call you the name you changed it from.

I agree with this thread.

Ocho will break out. He might have a catch that moves the chains.

Once.

Wow, okay. Guess there's no accounting for lack of manners and civility.

Or stupidity in changing one's name to a number for no particularly intelligent reason.

anything from chad will be a bonus. If he can get open, he will have his chances..

Or stupidity in changing one's name to a number for no particularly intelligent reason.

Will you guys shut the hell up please? It is Super Bowl Sunday and the Patriots are playing in it, and we're arguing about Ochocinco's name on this board? REALLY???

The "why" doesn't matter. It's the fact that his legal name is whatever he changed it to.

DI: We also need to address the possibilities of Moss being an asset to us for this game, then I believe we're set

He got some mileage out of those catches 276yds 18.4YA. I believe they were all 10yds or longer. Can't recall 3-7 yarders.

looking at the averages 1 ocho catch = at least 1 10+ yard 1st down:rocker:

Last edited:
Well, one thing is for sure........ If he doesn't break out this week, I think we can officially give up on him for the year. ;)

He doesn't have to have a "breakout game." One big gainer would be more than fine by me.

I also could see Brady going to him deep early on to put the idea in the Giants' head and stretch the field a bit for the day.

If the Giants play a lot of cover 1, I expect Ochosucko could have some balls thrown his way, because he can still get open.

He can? Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes