PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This can't be it for wide receivers, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the amount of times a 3rd WR will ever see the field, why do we need more than Edelman, Salas and Slater on the roster?

Inevitable injuries or a breather.

Gaffney continues to audition. In Oakland to visit the Raiders today. I don't think he's a shadow roster candidate.

Also I think Salas will be very good in this offense. I'd rather have him then Gaffney and Stallworth.

I'm amazed at how some "football" media types don't know much about him or even how to pronounce his name. Which is why the best Pats coverage is right here on this board. (you just got to sift a little :D )

I definitely like what I have seen

Hawaii Greg Salas Highlights - YouTube

This was going to be my point exactly. Hernandez is a WR for the most part and we have to get used to looking at it that way.

I guess so, but he can't spell WWW or LLLoyd for any length of time, can he?

Last edited:
Really? (Sincere question.) I don't know Salas at all. If he can be that good then I'm happy.

Still, I was SO excited about Gaffney.

Me too. He is even trying out for the Dolphins now! :mad:

Gaffney continues to audition. In Oakland to visit the Raiders today. I don't think he's a shadow roster candidate.

Holley on EEI claims Branch is coming back.......

Holley on EEI claims Branch is coming back.......

Now or eventually? (Actually I know it can't be now as they are hip deep in Bobby V as we speak). I think we all assume he's coming back. He has no interest in playing anywhere else, determined to retire a Patriot.

Now or eventually? (Actually I know it can't be now as they are hip deep in Bobby V as we speak). I think we all assume he's coming back. He has no interest in playing anywhere else, determined to retire a Patriot.

he alluded to it being in the "near future" Im guessing after week one. This was in between 425 Red Sox calls as you mentioned :)

Last edited:
Really? (Sincere question.) I don't know Salas at all. If he can be that good then I'm happy.

I'm not concerned about Gaffney until he is healthy and isn't here. I believe he is the 54th man on the roster.

This was going to be my point exactly. Hernandez is a WR for the most part and we have to get used to looking at it that way.
No, he really is not.

When you look at it, Hernandez lines up more at WR then TE. The game is all about mismatches and we may be looking at a season that in 5-10 years down the line, people will look back at BB and McDaniels as the ones who changed the game or at least brought it to a different level.

This could be one hell of a year! :rocker:

Also I think they bring back Branch.

Lets stop the Hernandez at WR :enranged: the minute Hernandez gets a #2 CB on him he is toast! Hernandez that is...a CB on him makes him less effective.

I'm not concerned about Gaffney until he is healthy and isn't here. I believe he is the 54th man on the roster.

That he not only visited the Doofins but traveled 3000 miles to visit the Black Hole would seem to indicate he's not buyin' that 54th man stuff.

That he not only visited the Doofins but traveled 3000 miles to visit the Black Hole would seem to indicate he's not buyin' that 54th man stuff.

I would bet the Raiders will be the team Gaffney goes to

All this talk about how injured his leg is may be hogwash.....if he is so injured,I doubt he makes trips all over the states to find a suitor if he is weeks off of playing.

I think we're ok as long as we bring Branch back. The good thing about Branch is, he definitely can be on the shadow roster because he isn't going anywhere else, unlike Gaffney who might.

And I also like Salas. Someone on here posted a highlight reel of him on the Rams last year and I was impressed with his performance in the slot.

We'll see.
It could be that he is explorring what other options he has in the event the Pats back off on their interest.
There is no way to prove or disprove this until its done. I have my opinion, you have yours, neither is really significantly more or less supported than the other.

I would bet the Raiders will be the team Gaffney goes to

All this talk about how injured his leg is may be hogwash.....if he is so injured,I doubt he makes trips all over the states to find a suitor if he is weeks off of playing.
You can't fly with a sprained ankle?

Paul Perillo stated today on 98.5 that Gaffney didn't have a good camp. I guess the Pats may have been disappointed in what they saw. Too bad because I thought the Pats would bring him back after the first week. Now I think it will be Branch and not Gaffney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes