Welcome to PatsFans.com

This Brady quote screams "Chad Jackson"

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by MrTibbs, Jun 5, 2007.

1. MrTibbs

MrTibbs Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

http://officialnewenglandpatriots.wordpress.com/

QUOTE:

"It’s been nice over the years, so many of our guys have left for other teams via free agency, coaches have left, but it’s nice to be able to add some veteran players that are very professional at this point in your career – you show up to work, you know what is expected of you, you’re willing to put that work in, rather than a 22, 21-year-old rookie who you hope brings his playbook to the meeting at the right time."
  2. MrTibbs

MrTibbs Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Chad Jackson yes or no?
  3. stinkypete

stinkypete Rookie

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -1

#24 Jersey

Screams Chad Jackson, Bethel Johnson too
  4. BB_dynasty

BB_dynasty Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

very much so. I want to give Jackson a chance though. And I wish him luck, as he will need it, with all of these other receivers.
  5. MrTibbs

MrTibbs Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It's almost like he has been forgotten by the fans and the media already. If he doesn't do anything this season it wouldn't surprise me to see him traded or released next season.
  6. Remix 6

Remix 6 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

why because hes injured? hes not expensive..were gonna give him 2 more years
  7. zippo59

zippo59 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Not a chance. Belichick's opinion of players is not as fickle as that of the fans.

You give a player that you traded up in the second AT LEAST three years to show something, especially if they are at an area of need like Jackson is. Not to mention that Jackson was handicapped by injuries.

Just look at Hill. He was a second round pick too. Defensive line wasn't even an area of need and Jackson has already shown more in his one year than Hill did in his entire time with the team.
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2007
  8. thewaylifeshouldbe

thewaylifeshouldbe Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Chad Jackson, no.

Bethel Johnson, yes.
  9. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Chad Jackson yes
    P.K. Sam YES!!!

Bethel- No (FWIW he was 24 y.o. his first year with the Pats while the others were 21)
  10. zoostation

zoostation Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Chad or Bethal...take your pick.

I just had a scary thought......has anyone ever seen them both together.
  11. patchick

patchick Moderatrix Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +871 / 9 / -2

#11 Jersey

Good call on Sam, he's the perfect example -- too young, too unprepared, shown the door early.
  12. zippo59

zippo59 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

PK Sam is lighting it up in NFL Europe.
  13. sebman2112

sebman2112 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Ah, you're just projecting. Chad Jackson is just one of a few young offensive draftee's during Brady's time in NE. I also wish people on here would stop comparing Chad and Bethel since they are completely different players, we haven't really been able to see what Chad can fully do, he hasn't had that much time in the system. Bethel Johnson was pretty much all speed, and that's it.

Chad Jackson is a physical specimen at WR who was rated as either the first or second best WR in the entire draft by most if not all experts, and NE spent both a second and third round draft pick getting him. It's far to early to give up on Chad (I dont think it should even be an option at this point) Considering the time for progression sometimes needed at WR, his injuries, and that some other top WR's have struggled their first year, or two.

Really, what's the sense of even saying Jackson might be cut (I've noticed some posters saying this in the past)? The guy is young, they spent two first day picks getting him, he's a physical talent with loads of potential, and frankly I've not seen anything solid anywhere claiming Chad had a bad work ethic or he wasn't studying his playbook. Cutting Chad Jackson at this point in his career without him acting like a turd would seem to be somewhat pathetic.
  14. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +264 / 10 / -26

Not sure how anyone can judge Chad Jackson as he has been injured since being here, being around Moss, Stallworth, Welker and the rest of them will only show how him what it means to be an NFL receiver.

PK Sam and Bethel were busts, but do not know how anyone can judge Chad yet.
  15. WhiZa

WhiZa Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

That's a good thought. Did Jackson do anything wrong in his play that could be pinned because he didn't remember the play book? I thought he wasn't on the field because of his injuries. He's probably talking about Sam (like everyone said) who got cut because of his inability to absorb the system.
  16. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,291 / 15 / -11

Disable Jersey

Remember that last season future HOF wideout CJ said that rehabilitating his hamstring injury required his focus and prevented him learning the playbook. WTF??? Brady is not referring to long gone players but is commenting on the present situation with our latest wasted 2nd round pick. Brady is very astute and thoughtfull about his public words.
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2007
  17. The Boston Patriot

The Boston Patriot PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0

To date - Chad Jackson is a bust. Nobody can argue that. Will he redeem
    himself? WHo knows but I'm not as positive about him as others here.
  18. Mainefan

Mainefan Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Sebman, you have accurately and intelligently summed up the Chad Jackson story so far. He may yet be terrific.