Welcome to PatsFans.com

This book will be your red pill...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PressCoverage, Apr 24, 2009.

1. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Provided you're brave enough to read it, of course... The long-awaited follow-up to Michael C. Ruppert's "Crossing the Rubicon" is about to change social consciousness...

May 1...
    in digital, or hardcopy format...

[​IMG]

Michael C. Ruppert's newest book, "A Presidential Energy Policy: Twenty-five Points
    Addressing the Siamese Twins of Energy and Money".

We have been lied to about the stock market, AIG, Citigroup, hedge funds, mortgages, Ponzi-schemes, 401(k)s, the invasion of Iraq...even steroids in baseball. Why accept everything we have been told about energy? Our energy "information" comes from the same corporate entities that have misled us about everything else. A Presidential Energy Policy exposes the lies told about energy to protect a collapsing monetary system which now threatens all of industrial civilization. It also provides real, positive and immediate steps that can be taken at the individual, local, federal and global levels that can avert a potential extinction event for our species.

A Presidential Energy Policy says what an American president cannot, that energy and money (the economy) are Siamese twins. Energy is depleting faster than it can be replaced and there is no combination of alternative energies that can or will ever sustain an edifice of human civilization built by oil. If energy gets sick, money must be treated simultaneously and vice versa — often in ways that threaten the other. Separating the twins in a way that saves and preserves life cannot take place without killing one or both under the present monetary regime.

... <snip> ...

This book was written to help the American people...and people in all countries. It was written to help an American president realistically and effectively prepare for what is already underway...the collapse of industrial civilization. There are many things that can still be done to prevent a massive die off that is just beginning and which might number in the billions. This book spells them out clearly. All humans, especially in the U.S., will be affected by the energy policies of the Obama administration. Some of President Obama's ideas are good and some are hoaxes he might not understand or be able to see yet. Some might be political and economic traps from which he might like (or need) to be liberated. The choices Mr. Obama makes will mean life and death for hundreds of millions of people around the world. For the lucky ones these choices will be about whether they have a home, a job, or food to eat.

A Presidential Energy Policy is a short, simple, easy-to-understand book based on nothing more complicated than high school math, basic science, and common sense. It offers immediate action steps. It will greatly simplify decision making for you, your family, and your community. It will give you real hope. It provides simple standards by which to hold your leaders directly accountable; standards that you won't need an "expert" to interpret for you. This book is a Godsend for local and state leaders who are being crushed and hamstrung by economic collapse and an ill-equipped, ill- prepared, and often unresponsive federal government.

(continued)...
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2009
  2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I'm on it. #1 topic for humanity and no one talks about it. Powers that be like it that way.
  3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -3

Thanks for the link. I will certainly read this book.

I don't think the situation is as dire as the description reads, if we weren't buying into the brain dead policies of the politicans and environuts.

Here is an article that others many go as silently into the dark energy night.

Bound to Burn by Peter W. Huber, City Journal Spring 2009

4. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

meanwhile, here's the latest virtual admission that Saudi Arabia has passed peak... but "everything's fine"... or "they're willfully cutting production on their own!"... OK:

Al-Naimi Says Saudi Oil Output
    Below Target; Stockpiles to Fall

By Christian Schmollinger and Shigeru Sato

April 25 (Bloomberg) -- Saudi Arabia, OPEC’s biggest oil exporter, is producing less crude than its target and global stockpiles are likely to decline, according to Oil Minister Ali al-Naimi.

The country is producing less than 8 million barrels of crude a day, al-Naimi told reporters today in Tokyo, where he is attending a meeting of Asian energy ministers. Stockpiles “will come down eventually,” he said.

U.S. stockpiles have climbed to the highest since September 1990 even as Saudi Arabia leads the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries’ efforts to implement a 4.2 million barrel a day reduction in oil output from the group’s September levels. The country is producing 7.79 million barrels a day, less than its target of 8.1 million barrels a day.

OPEC decided against any further output constraints at a March 15 meeting in Vienna on concern that a fourth cut since September risked increasing energy costs amid the global recession. The group will convene again there on May 28. ...

(continued)

"nothing to see here!!! please!! stand back!!"
  5. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Seems like this is strictly pay-per-view.

How about a very brief concise synopsis.

//
  6. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

K...

Dear Mr. President:

- global crude oil discovery and production plateaued from 1999 to 2005, and is beginning to decline all over the planet...
    - here is the geology, and here are the myriad geopolitical signs confirming it
    - energy IS the economy; the economy IS energy
    - it will take decades to transfer
    - it's too late to stave off economic and societal shock completely (as we're seeing the beginnings of today), but it can be softened if corporate America turns the greed dial down a bit
    - here's how Americans should rethink consumption and conservation...

thank you for reading...
  7. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Sounds eminently sensible. And necessary. The bottle-neck is, as always in human endeavors -- now more brilliantly illuminated than ever before, however: how to motivate the corporate culture toward "whole purpose", rather than to just "individualized purpose" (serving only the limited "corporation" in question). The motivation must be there for constructive change to take place. The "political will" is merely the product of the "popular will".

For years we have heard that the "only thing that will ever change our inadequate economic system is a great catastrophe." (Well, at least I heard this a lot throughout the 70s and 80s.) From where I sit that "catastrophe" is upon us. Things are seriously stressed, but not to the point of no return. At least not yet; and I do not think it will ever get that far. (My Optimist Club membership is paid up in full.) But that does not mean all the fundamentals have been sorted out properly. That still is in process.

How about some key points on the "how Americans should think about consumption and conservation", as you introduced above??

//
  8. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

the book should be arriving any day ...

i'll stop predicting the contents for now...
  9. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Well, do come back and give more details -- as briefly and concisely as possible -- as soon as you can.

//
  10. Roland

Roland Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Windpipe Biden is calling for bleached coal what a clown.
  11. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Gotta love democracy, eh.

//
  12. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Any news on this??

And, I never asked but will now: what exactly is a "red pill"??? If it's the opposite of a "blue pill", I'm not sure I want one. ;)

//
  13. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

YouTube - Matrix - The pill

but then, you would have to absorb the entire film... or at least, the first half...

it's allegory, not literal, of course...
  14. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Oh, *that* red pill. I remember now that scene from Matrix. I saw it when it came out. Haven't thought too much about since or seen Matrix 2 or 3, though. Good allegory, though, true.

I took that red pill in the late 60s/early 70s. Harrowing experience when you don't have the special effects that Neo gets to use. I sold almost everything I owned and started hitch-hiking around the country. Wouldn't buy a car, stopped watching TV, stopped listening to the radio, didn't even listen to my extensive record collection (old vinyl 33s, from original Beatles, Stones, Who, Dylan, etc., etc, etc.) because I wanted to just see with my own eyes, not anybody else's.

So, back to the original question: where is Ruppert going with all this? Does he have a plan, an idea, a proposal to solve the issue(s)?? Of course he must, and I'm sure it involves a combination of self-control and exploration for new energy technologies. I fully support that. It's needed. Got to prepare now for a new world; then need to create that new world.

//
  15. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

So you didn't get the memo about staying away from the bad "RED ACID" fog did you, and look what happend, not pretty. :cool:
    Last edited: May 5, 2009
  16. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +32 / 2 / -0

No no no, the bad acid was brown, it was the bad rope licorice that was red...

[​IMG]
  17. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Wavy Gravy had it wrong. How can you trust someone tripping themselves to get something right. Gravy was blasted out of his mind when told it was the Red Acid, in his addled hallucinigenic state of mind red turned into brown. A little known story. :rolleyes:
  18. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Ha, ha. Funny.

................................ wait a minute..... you mean you don't think I'm "normal"????? .... :scream:.... :woohoo:.

Hey, momma, look at that neat purple moon.... I mean red moon...... no, I mean green moon.................... wow, man, look at that pink with purple polka dots moon............. far out !!
    //
  19. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Would I, moi ever think or post such a thought.......:rolleyes:
  20. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Right. Perish the thought.

//
  21. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

it has not arrived yet.... Amazon being quite notorious for their book distribution expediency... or lackthereof.
  22. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Like the banks with bank wires: takes four days to do five minutes of work.

:bricks:

//
  23. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

well, despite a slightly distracting amount of grammatical errors, and a lot of black and white charts taken from color web sites and documents, i'd have to say this book was everything I had expected...

clear, concise, persuasive, eye-opening, troubling... but with viable solutions and steps that could be taken to avoid and/or soften impending shock.

i'm hesitant to list the "25 points" for copyright respect, but to sum up some key solutions he suggests:

- feed-in tarrifs for renewables surplus sold back to the grid (similar to Europe's, but much more intensive)
    - full transparency of past and present and future national energy policy
    - full transparency of all known petroleum reserves, including a new and uniform accounting system
    - enact a depletion protocol for all nations
    - re-write the tax code
    - completely modernize our rail system, and lean much more heavily on rail freight
    - immediate moratorium on all highway and airport expansion
    - end federal subsidies for ethanol
    - strictly enforce national speed limit
    - rebuild the grid
    - end speculators
    - reduce overseas military deployments
    - new federal building codes
    - extensive soil assessment (apparently our soil is exhausted from fertilizers, over-farming, etc.)

etc. etc.
    Last edited: May 29, 2009
  24. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Sounds sensible enough.

How is the book selling?? Any promo tours in effect/planned? Any serious discussion among the scientific/academic/government agency cadre?

I see a lot of talk about "green growth" coming out of many countries these days, Korea, Dubai, several European states, etc.

I am particularly in agreement with the discontinuation of using plant life for the production of ethanol .... very dangerous. Food prices are already facing a challenging stress test.

//
  25. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

26. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -3

Read the interview it is accurate in some respects but the whole analysis is very flawed. HE assumes really no energy sources other than oil. While coal isn't ideal by any means it is preferable to the dealths of a few billion people (he suggests we go from 5 billion people to a 'sustainable' level of ~2bil people. We have a supply sufficent for a couple of hundred of years, not to mention tar sands and so on. He also doesn't look at nuclear energy..

Worth looking at though. Thanksfor the link.
  27. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ---- JAG ----- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +24 / 1 / -0

#87 Jersey

So the word is the United States is loaded with natural gas ... lots and lots of natural gas several miles below the surface of earth. They force water down there and break rock to get it out. The conversion of oil/gasoline driven mechanisms to natural gas seems within reach but yet we do nothing. Even if just all our electrical plants were converted to natural gas it would be good yet we do nothing. LNG can be transported around the world. There is a ton of it in the Artic ... mostly Russia's but so what.

Exxon/Mobile says a transition away from oil is @100 years away ... that is nuts. We can create more jobs in this country by being a natual gas producer instead of an oil importer. Natural gas (LNG) for electrical plants, trucks, heavy machinery. Electric for cars ... retool Detroit for making batteries and wind turbines also would create jobs.

Instead we keep importing oil ... why? If Obama is to be known for something I hope he's known for changing our energy situation. that in turn would change the face of our political situation as we can be less dependant on foreign oil and investment from China.
  28. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

why aren't we persuing Dean Kamen's (PROPS TO NH!) Black Box water distiller? it creates clean water from anything and converts methane gas from cow dung to electricity.

Gizmodo - Colbert: First Vid of Dean Kamen's Miracle Water Distiller - Colbert Report

Caught for the first time on video, Segway inventor Dean Kamen presented his Vapor Compression Distiller on last night's Colbert Report. The distiller is a chemical-, membrane-, and filter-free water purifier. Kamen claims the box draws pure drinkable water from oceans, poisons—even a 50-gallon drum of urine. He has reportedly worked on the contraption for five years, but early prototypes were pretty ugly. This one looks ready for mass production, and with enough, Kamen says we could "wipe out 50% of human disease." Good luck with that, Deano, we're behind you all the way. (That other 50% must be a monumental *****.)
  29. Run DMC

Run DMC Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Two words- cold fusion.
  30. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

He assumes just about every source you can think of in the book, ... save for maybe thorium, which is decades away at best.

None of those you mention will power a truck that will deliver goods and services to your local supermarket. Tar sands is not crude oil, it is a very thick synthetic. In fact, it's bitumen. Vehicles will not run on it using current technologies. Might heat some more homes, though, at the rather undesirable 3:1 or 4:1 return rate. Meanwhile, crude offers us 35:1, and entire markets are naively based on delicious, sweet crude.

It doesn't matter. The ripple of oil crash will affect every aspect of civil order, and industry can not smoothly transition to anything else in time if the figures are correct -- and I've read almost nothing that disputes the geology.

Again, crash: 2-15 years... Technology: 25-30 years.

1. G8 Hears Oil Prices Could Soar When Crisis Eases
    2. IEA Repeats Warning of Possible New Oil Price Spike
    3. Looming Oil Shock Means Globalization's End
    4. Rubin Blames Recession on Oil
    5. Warning About an Oil Supply Crunch
    6. Saudi Arabian Oil Minister Naimi Says Oil to Reach 75$ a Barrel
    7. Alberta In Tie-Up with OPEC
    Last edited: May 30, 2009