PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This adversity will be good for Pats if they can turn it around

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one of those threads that could be entitled, that what does not kill you makes you stronger..

This is one of those threads that could be entitled, that what does not kill you makes you stronger..

The only bright side i really can see is that from 2 of our 3 losses...even though we played like **** the game was still competitive.

Just can't win games when you commit that many mistakes. Pretty suprising that last year's team was quite close to flawless in that sense considering that we changed our offense midseason and had alot of new guys starting.

Committing to the running game would be an excellent start. Let's run our way out of adversity.

Well...that's pretty much like us losing Welker and BJGE vs them losing Antrel Rolle(who was out for some time) and that rookie linebacker they had starting for them.

Guess which one hurts what team more?

Not at all the same...They still have Manningham and Cruz...Without Welker, we have no one worth a damn at WR...

too much over the past 4 years I think the patriots have been the favorites and havent really had to deal with adversity..which has lulled them into a false sense of confidence and in turn losing in the playoffs...and lets be honest, all these awards and praises and streaks dont matter...playoff wins do.

we saw it just last year. the pats were blowing out teams and cruised to a 14-2 season...impressive. but they were overconfident and kicked out of the first round...would you give up a couple wins in the reg season for some in the playoffs? I sure would

How this team handles this adversity and deals with it next week can have a big impact on them. and if anything it should make the team much stronger come playoff time instead of the teams who breezed by in the regular season.

im not about to jump off the cliff like everyone here. this loss was a VERY frustrating one because I think the team showed alot of fight to come back. I bet this is eating at brady and we will have a much more focused patriots team next week against the jets....the seasons not over

The patriots wanted to believe that the 45-3 game last year had no impact on the playoff game. Big mistake, the jets were beaten down and embarrassed on a big monday night game then laughed at by the whole nation afterwards. This is a proud jets team and wanted desperately to regain some respect. They came to gillette trash talking, angry and thirsty for revenge.

The worst thing this team did was to shrug off the psychological factor of that game IMO. They seemed blinded by a bit of overconfidence as you stated.

I'd love to see this team execute with laser precision on offense and play like wild beasts on defense Sunday.

If it helps the Packers got shut down by the Dolphins, Redskins, and Jets (a win but off FGs). They even did against the Lions regardless of QB.

Eli played like a bum in 07 having horrible games against teams like the Vikings and beat us, we were miles better than any team comes close to this year. When you only need to win one game you don't need to be considered elite. That is why I laugh at all the 'experts' on ESPN trashing us today, how we are not top 10 and won't make the playoffs. One guy compared us winning the division to Babe Ruth being the best hitter right now, essentially labeling us dead, I love how they ignore the 10-6 champions in 2 out of the last 4 years.

You have to get your ass kicked before you can kick ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back