PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thinking of taking legal recourse against Specter if...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruthSeeker

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
The the old Senator decides to waste one penny of our tax dollars on this, I am thinking I may sue. I've spoken to some lawyers (Not Ty Law or Lawyer Milloy !), and they may be willing to represent me for free. They say that his actions may actually be illegal if he uses money on this. Since this does not include anything that is breaking a law (like steroids), Congress has no place in this. I'm thinking may sue for 100mill.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Thinking of taking legal recourse against Spector if.......

What are the Damages to you?

Personally I think a better way to go and one less costly is to figure out how to file an ethics violation, there seems be an appearance of inpropriety by Spectre with his relationship with Comcast and his actions against the NFL..

The standard of proof is much different, and congressmen hate this stuff.. it goes directly at their "integrity".

THAT is the committee website..it is headed by Barbraa Boxer..there also is a manual..which I am sure is detailed and unfortunately, Specter, being an ex-prosecutor, might know how to have a conflict of interest without breaking the rules...

http://ethics.senate.gov/

The the old Senator decides to waste one penny of our tax dollars on this, I am thinking I may sue. I've spoken to some lawyers (Not Ty Law or Lawyer Milloy !), and they may be willing to represent me for free. They say that his actions may actually be illegal if he uses money on this. Since this does not include anything that is breaking a law (like steroids), Congress has no place in this. I'm thinking may sue for 100mill.

No you didn't.

B/c if you did they would say you don't have standing to sue and if pressed would have told you to read Frothingham v. Mellon.

hmm class action sounds like a plan I could finally by my season tickets with the winnings

This is the most idiotic idea ever. You and the rest of the Pats fans that stand alongside you would get absolutely crushed. Let him burn in flames on his own.

So you're going to sue the taxpayers for $100,000,000 to prevent something that might cost $50,000...

What are the Damages to you?

The fact that they would be spending MY tax dollars on this, constitutes the damages. I pay a good 35% (thereabouts) of my salary towards taxes.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought Senators are immune from civil lawsuits for actions they do in office. I don't think you can sue Specter even if you can prove he broke the law in his conflict of interest here.

This is the most idiotic idea ever. You and the rest of the Pats fans that stand alongside you would get absolutely crushed. Let him burn in flames on his own.

No, the attempted lawsuit by a 3rd string Rams player from 2001 against the Pats was the most idiotic idea ever.

dont you realize we already recieved damages for this it was called the tax stimulus package. Ok this is treading very close to a political discussion we should probably stop

The fact that they would be spending MY tax dollars on this, constitutes the damages.

you don't have standing. Wasting your tax dollars is not damages, if it was everyone could sue for everything they didn't like, war in iraq, the whitewater witch hunt, food stamps, overpriced military toilet seats, etc.

you don't have standing, go read

Frothingham v. Mellon.

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/cgi-bin/getcase.pl?court=US&vol=262&invol=447

No, the attempted lawsuit by a 3rd string Rams player from 2001 against the Pats was the most idiotic idea ever.

Nope, he would have standing. Might not be able to make out a COA, but he would have standing.

You don't even have standing.

Besides it is a political question so that is a second reason why the court would dismiss.

THAT is the committee website..it is headed by Barbraa Boxer..there also is a manual..which I am sure is detailed and unfortunately, Specter, being an ex-prosecutor, might know how to have a conflict of interest without breaking the rules...

http://ethics.senate.gov/

Bingo. Use this, not the lawsuit that even if you get to file,even if you get to win (big "if"s) you get awarded like $1 because you can't prove damages and stuff. This'll hurt him.

Nope, he would have standing. Might not be able to make out a COA, but he would have standing.

You don't even have standing.

Besides it is a political question so that is a second reason why the court would dismiss.

You realize that that COA ( cause of action) and points of standing, political question,ripeness, mootness etc went over the head of most of this board who haven't had the pleasure of sitting for a bar exam...
I agree with you re court rejecting the case.....

The fact that they would be spending MY tax dollars on this, constitutes the damages. I pay a good 35% (thereabouts) of my salary towards taxes.

Our government wastes our money every year. Ever heard of 'earnmark'.? They need to be hold accountable for it but it is not going to happen. We have money to do all stupid stuffs but we don't have enough for education,health care, and other benefits.

In America, you can sue anybody but you may not have a case.

You realize that that COA ( cause of action) and points of standing, political question,ripeness, mootness etc went over the head of most of this board who haven't had the pleasure of sitting for a bar exam...
I agree with you re court rejecting the case.....

Yeah, but the OP claimed that he had talked to counsel and several would take this case pro bono. I call BS. Because anybody who has had the pleasure of sitting for a bar exam or even those lucky bastards who went to U of Wisc, know that this case has zero legs.

Yeah, but the OP claimed that he had talked to counsel and several would take this case pro bono. I call BS. Because anybody who has had the pleasure of sitting for a bar exam or even those lucky bastards who went to U of Wisc, know that this case has zero legs.

Absolutely, in that context, nobody worth his salt (or willing to risk sanctions for filing a frivilous suit) would recommend a case on those grounds.....
I think Marquette grads also don't have to take the WI Bar exam to be admitted.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes