PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Think there's an ESPN-Pats fued?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at that..oyur trying to apply a formula to a completely different issue...

That not Wicked Pissah at all!

You brought up the injury reports, which are only required because of Vegas.

Which is funny, because almost every single coach and player in the NFL abhors the injury report and messes with it, often to the same degree Belichick does.

I mean, telling your opponent where to hit your guy is a genius idea, though, right?

Which is funny, because almost every single coach and player in the NFL abhors the injury report and messes with it, often to the same degree Belichick does.

I mean, telling your opponent where to hit your guy is a genius idea, though, right?

yet it's only belichick that gets called out on it by espn. there's that four letter word again.

Whatever happened to personal accountability? Ever heard the phrase "Any given sunday"?

How about you stop blaming the media and realize the truth. The patriots lost. And it had nothing to do with the media or some reports.

Did ESPN go about and steal the Patriots destiny? Nope. They reported a story. The game occured. They was nothing controversial about it. The patriots lost. GET OVER IT!

The only thing inevitable is change.

THERE IT IS, THE HATER COMES OUT !!!! OMG that was easy !

Yes the Giants won, fair and square. Pats lost !! What does that have to do with this thread ? We're talking about the media(ESPN) using the Patriots and overblowing the situation to make money, they weren't concerned that this wasn't as serious as they were making out to be. Even now, sports writers are questioning their own reactions and realize they were OVER REACTING because they assumed the reports of how serious it was, were based on fact. It was driven by money, nothing more. If it wasn't the Pats,this would have been dead in a month, but because it's a high profile team, they can keep it alive and make more MONEY.

The media is more concerned about making money then reporting facts, they report rumors as fact. It's not limited to sports either ! Belichick realizes this and cuts those types out, like anyone that's not an attention whore would do !!

Perfect example, where's this Walsh guy ???? Why did the media need to throw him out there just before the SB, because who would care after the SB. If you can't see any of this, tobias funk has you pegged and your credability has dropped a few notches, but I suspect you could care less !!

Last edited:
There may be some truth to the espn/comcast vs NFL/Pats feud. I was watching a local (Florida) sports show similar to NESN's sportsdesk, and they reported that the NFL is telling congress that they are being discriminated against by cable companies such as comcast. I flipped to espn, curious to see how they would report this, and they didn't mention the story at all. I checked espn.com, and again, the story is nowhere to be found. Considering how they post even the smallest of stories, I found it odd that they didn't even mention this one.

Here's a link to the story, and it does seem to favor the NFL over the cable companies.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/03/06/AR2008030601170.html

Tonight on SportsCenter, ESPN showed a graphic about the Houston Rockets 16-game win streak and what has happened during that span. At the bottom of the graphic read:

"NE Patriots: 0-1 during streak"

Though the anchor didn't comment on this note, I can sense some animosity from ESPN.

You guys better get used to it. EVERYBODY hates the Pats these days (except us enlightened Pats fans of course). EVERYBODY wants to see the Pats get knocked off the pedestal. That's why these ludicrous Spygate stories won't die. And, oh yeah, they all hate the fact that the Red Sox, Patriots and Celtics are all at the top at the same time. It's called jealousy.

You guys better get used to it. EVERYBODY hates the Pats these days (except us enlightened Pats fans of course). EVERYBODY wants to see the Pats get knocked off the pedestal. That's why these ludicrous Spygate stories won't die. And, oh yeah, they all hate the fact that the Red Sox, Patriots and Celtics are all at the top at the same time. It's called jealousy.

I couldn't agree more, I stopped watching ESPN after the MNF game where they were pretty much wetting themselves on how the Ravens were going to win.

we got bingo!

troybingo.jpg

Last edited:
pats will have to accomodate ESPN especially during the season at least for games played on ESPN. the pregame production crew meeting is mandatory if iam not mistaken.
if any pats give any ESPN interviews than we will know the true extent of the fued.

Just watched NFL Live on espn (I know, a very bad habit) and the lead story had Clayton saying that the NFL and Walsh are now closer to an agreement regarding immunity. Okay, whatever, but at the very end of the topic Wingo goes on to spout opinion (his or his boss'?) as fact as he emphatically states that SpyGate will never go away until Walsh comes forward and speaks.

Seems to me that SpyGate will not go away until the media - or should I say espn - decides to move on to another story that will make them more money. Considering the NFLN is intruding on espn's turf, that probably won't happen till Kraft steps away from his work within the NFL on the television committee - or until the NFL gives espn a sweetheart deal.

Just watched NFL Live on espn (I know, a very bad habit) and the lead story had Clayton saying that the NFL and Walsh are now closer to an agreement regarding immunity. Okay, whatever, but at the very end of the topic Wingo goes on to spout opinion (his or his boss'?) as fact as he emphatically states that SpyGate will never go away until Walsh comes forward and speaks.

Seems to me that SpyGate will not go away until the media - or should I say espn - decides to move on to another story that will make them more money. Considering the NFLN is intruding on espn's turf, that probably won't happen till Kraft steps away from his work within the NFL on the television committee - or until the NFL gives espn a sweetheart deal.

Yeah, everyone else seems to have dropped it for the time being. I hope MNF moves to NFLN when the current contract is up. Than none of us will be forced to watch that crap channel again.

Yeah, everyone else seems to have dropped it for the time being. I hope MNF moves to NFLN when the current contract is up. Than none of us will be forced to watch that crap channel again.

I wouldn't mind NFLN hosting MNF but god I hope they get rid of Bryant Gumbel, I can't stand him in the booth without a clue on football. I still remember him calling quarters periods. "And the 1st period is over with the score being...." /facepalm

It amazes me how many people have apparently forgotten what the E in ESPN stands for :rolleyes:

I wouldn't mind NFLN hosting MNF but god I hope they get rid of Bryant Gumbel, I can't stand him in the booth without a clue on football. I still remember him calling quarters periods. "And the 1st period is over with the score being...." /facepalm

"Aaaannnnd he appears to have enough for a first down." (whether he makes it by an inch or 40 yards)

And he sounds like a eunuch.

He really is awful.

Again Espn is entertainment.. But the stuff they talk is not even consider entertaining..

trey wingo is a jets fan. 'nuff said. i can't stand espn and super chicken clayton. according to patriot attorneys, there is no confidentiality agreement so there is no need for immunity. when will espn report this ?

trey wingo is a jets fan. 'nuff said. i can't stand espn and super chicken clayton. according to patriot attorneys, there is no confidentiality agreement so there is no need for immunity. when will espn report this ?

Never, Spygate is espn's big story and if they report this then they will lose even more credibility with their viewer's.

Could be a lot of truth in this. Here is another bit of evidence in the blood trail:

www.profootballtalk.com

MAXWELL NO-SHOWS THE ROOT OF JAWS' FALSE RUMOR-MONGERING?

So why did ESPN's Ron Jaworski throw a big, fat, stinky Patriots rumor against
the wall during a Friday afternoon visit with our pal Jody Mac of Sports Radio
950 in Philly?

Here's a theory. Jaws was smarting because Pats coach Bill Belichick and
quarterback Tom Brady opted not to show up for Friday night's Maxwell
Football Club awards ceremony.
Belichick was slated to personally receive
the Greasy Neale Pro Coach of the Year award and Brady was due to pick up
the Bert Bell Pro Player of the Year prize.

Jaws, you see, is the President of the Maxwell Club. He announced Belichick
and Brady as winners on January 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes