PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Think there's an ESPN-Pats fued?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I've noticed that anyone who bases who they like and dislike on the media perception of that person (as 'welker83' apparently does), is a supreme kind of moron.

He'd what???

Sorry, you do not need the media to coach a football game. Do you really think you do??? NOT.

The Pats have been attacked from all angles with the fools from the media.

I love every second of this if it is true. We have been attacked. Time for some retribution.

The Pats play football. Pure and simple. The media are to report on the games.

This is all out of control.

I don't know how many of you think of this. Spector and Walsh right before the SB. Me, if I was the Pats FO, the media can take a hike.

Kick back and kick hard. Maybe the nonsense will stop.

NFL+ NO MEDIA= NO $$

NFL+MEDIA= $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

See how that works. Without the media there would be no proffesional football, and no New England Patriots.

They love him because he blows smoke up their asses. Maybe someone from TX can tell us if the media there adored him like the northeast media does.
If anything I would say the Tuna treats them worse than BB does. But Tuna is allways good for a catchy phrase or soundbite (most of witch have no informational value but the do sound cool and they stir up discussion and controversy) The media loves this because in most cases they are lazy and don't want to actually do work in order to do their job (Hey lets go to a 15 minute press conference, get a couple of soundbites whip up a TV segment or a column about it and hit the golf links or make TV/radio aperances and make extra money. They spend more time doing their side gigs than theyr "day' job). Of course they love it. If they want to work 2 hour days there is nothing better. Try doing that at your job.

I agree. Death death of print media means less money and more work.

NFL+ NO MEDIA= NO $$

See how that works. Without the media there would be no proffesional football, and no New England Patriots.

This doesn't make any sense.

People were watching and loving football games before there was 24-hour sports coverage and forced press conferences from half the team.

People were watching and loving football games when the only time to see highlights from other games was during halftime on Sunday night.

Is this your first season watching the game? Second, maybe?

Sure sounds like it.

Without the media he wouldn't be making money coaching football games. When you speak to the media you speak to your fans.

He'd prolly be working at a rumpled sweatshirt factory...
It like talking to someone who speaks a different language through a translator. You have to hope that the translator is competent and honest otherwise the converation is going to go the way the translator wants it to go not the way you meant it.

Honestly, I've noticed that anyone who bases who they like and dislike on the media perception of that person (as 'welker83' apparently does), is a supreme kind of moron.

Look at you! Assuming away all the merry long day!

TSK TSK! I never said i liked the tuna. To me he is a necessary evil.. Who just happens to throw funny press room tantrums.

If you paid attention (ADD?) i merely explained why the MEDIA hates the Pats. That doesn't mean i agree with it, but it's the truth.

Don't forget TOS...I wouldn't want to get you banned over a Fin fan...

This doesn't make any sense.

People were watching and loving football games before there was 24-hour sports coverage and forced press conferences from half the team.

People were watching and loving football games when the only time to see highlights from other games was during halftime on Sunday night.

Is this your first season watching the game? Second, maybe?

Sure sounds like it.

OK buddy... lets try something here... Think about how much NFL players were paid 60 years ago...OK now compare that to current payment levels... OK? Or do you need a tutor?

OK buddy... lets try something here... Think about how much NFL players were paid 60 years ago...OK now compare that to current payment levels... OK? Or do you need a tutor?

60 years ago cars cost $500 and movie tickets were a nickel.

I'm sticking with my 'supreme moron' tag. You're doing a horrible job of making a coherent argument.

NFL+ NO MEDIA= NO $$

Actually the media is becoming less necesary every year. NFL has its own TV network to promote its product. They are fighting to get it in every household in the same package as ESPN. That way they can give the fans their version of everystory and not have to worry about the middle man putting his own spin on things.
One of these days each NFL team is probably going to have its own TV station in their respective markets just like some MLB teams do (Red Sox with NESN and Yankees with YES).

Last edited:
NFL+ NO MEDIA= NO $$

Is ESPN the only media covering Football ??????

RAmen...10 characters

RAmen! It's been a tough few months down here.. But i did have some time to campaign for his noodly goodness in front of a scientology church. They were none to pleased. :D

I bet if ESPN decided not to pay the billion dollars, those games just wouldn't get televised by anyone.

:rofl:

Nope...but they do pay 1 Billion a year to air Monday night football... Cha ching!
If NFL is able to get the NFL network in every house in America in the same tier as ESPN without extra charges they would air those games themselves.
Cha ching! Cha ching! 2 angels get their wings!

Nope...but they do pay 1 Billion a year to air Monday night football... Cha ching!

That's great, I don't think the Patriots shutting out the NYPost, opps I mean ESPN will bring down the NFL. They wanted Monday Night Football, they got it, if they don't want it, someone else will. Do you ESPN is loosing money on the Monday Night Games ? The pass the costs onto the sponsers.

I support the Patriots on their position concerning ESPN and King, they twisted a story into something that made them all millions. You really think King cares about Spygate ? I think he saw a bandwagon to jump on for self promotion.

I bet if ESPN decided not to pay the billion dollars, those games just wouldn't get televised by anyone.

:rofl:

ESPN is prolly just pissed that they paid a billion dollars and the best team in the league won't give them stories so that they can make a return on their investment.

So you hate the media

So you hate ESPN

WHO CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are lining your pockets with cash! Let them say whatever the hell they want! Who gets the last laugh?

If NFL is able to get the NFL network in every house in America in the same tier as ESPN without extra charges they would air those games themselves.
Cha ching! Cha ching! 2 angels get their wings!

But then you lose some objectivity. It's hard to do stories that put your company in a bad light when you are paid by the company.

ESPN is prolly just pissed that they paid a billion dollars and the best team in the league won't give them stories so that they can make a return on their investment.

So you hate the media

So you hate ESPN

WHO CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are lining your pockets with cash! Let them say whatever the hell they want! Who gets the last laugh?

ESPN isn't making the Patriots any money.

ESPN is making money off the Patriots' success.

One of the premier teams in the NFL limiting access to the network WILL, in fact, hurt them.

If it wouldn't, they probably wouldn't be actively complaining to the NFL about it.

That's great, I don't think the Patriots shutting out the NYPost, opps I mean ESPN will bring down the NFL. They wanted Monday Night Football, they got it, if they don't want it, someone else will. Do you ESPN is loosing money on the Monday Night Games ? The pass the costs onto the sponsers.

I support the Patriots on their position concerning ESPN and King, they twisted a story into something that made them all millions. You really think King cares about Spygate ? I think he saw a bandwagon to jump on for self promotion.

Whatever happened to personal accountability? Ever heard the phrase "Any given sunday"?

How about you stop blaming the media and realize the truth. The patriots lost. And it had nothing to do with the media or some reports.

Did ESPN go about and steal the Patriots destiny? Nope. They reported a story. The game occured. They was nothing controversial about it. The patriots lost. GET OVER IT!

The only thing inevitable is change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back