PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Think our loss was tough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

richpats

Banned
Reaction score
Imagine being a fan in Cincinnati, Tampa Bay, NY (Giants), Indy, Denver or Chicago - those fans watched their season end on their home turf. Personally I can handle a road loss to a higher seed, but if we had beaten Denver and lost at home to the Steelers, it would have felt 10 times as bad as the Broncos game.

It was the WAY they lost

Losing the Denver game was brutal because of they way the Pats lost.

* Leading 3-0 with the ball, the pats should have gone into half-time up, not down 10-3
* Brady doesn’t throw the pick and the game is 10-9 and all the momentum is on the Pats side.
* Even after the pick, if the refs call that fumble a touchback – as it should have been – the Pats have the ball on their own 20 still only down 10-6.
* Troy Brown doesn’t fumble the punt – which led to a Bronco TD – and the Pats are only down 17-6 instead of 24-6 and they are still in the game.

I would rather have the Steelers come here and “beat†the Pats than have the Pats give the game away they did in Denver.

Now if I had to choose between the Pats losing in Denver (playing the way they played) or losing to the Steelers in NE with the Pats playing like they did in Denver – 5 turnovers – I would rather have lost in Denver.

shatch62 said:

* Leading 3-0 with the ball, the pats should have gone into half-time up, not down 10-3
* Brady doesn’t throw the pick and the game is 10-9 and all the momentum is on the Pats side.
* Even after the pick, if the refs call that fumble a touchback – as it should have been – the Pats have the ball on their own 20 still only down 10-6.
* Troy Brown doesn’t fumble the punt – which led to a Bronco TD – and the Pats are only down 17-6 instead of 24-6 and they are still in the game.

I would rather have the Steelers come here and “beat†the Pats than have the Pats give the game away they did in Denver.

Now if I had to choose between the Pats losing in Denver (playing the way they played) or losing to the Steelers in NE with the Pats playing like they did in Denver – 5 turnovers – I would rather have lost in Denver.

Agreed, that game was painful because it was a game that we should have won. Pitt beat the heck out of Denver, just as they did to Indy. They deserved to win. And if they played like that against us, they would have deserved that as well. But we could have and should have won that game. The game plan was perfect, it was just poorly executed by our guys.

ya

shatch62 said:

:ditto: :agree: :yeahthat:

shatch62 said:

I thought about how the game would turn out if we pulled it to within 10-9 and even though we'd have a better chance to win, I don't think it was in the bag. Until things got out of hand we didn't show we could score a TD on their D, and FG's alone won't beat Denver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back