PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Think our day one has been impacted by FA's at this point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosfan

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I do, think DB will be a lower priority now somewhere on day two, my gut tells me we go after TWO day one LBs along with a WR and RB. Probably go LB and WR with one and two then grab a RB and another LB in third.

Sure. DBs and OL have been lowered with the signings of Warfield, Mitchell and Neal. WR has been lowered a little with the signings of Caldwell and Brown. WR is still a need position for a #2 guy but before we needed a #2, #3 and #4 :)

LB and WR are the only obvious holes. Various others include :

- Young RB with upsdide.
- #3 TE with upside of #2 if Graham leaves.
- RT unless Kaczur is looked at as "the answer".
- C unless Koppen re-signs.
- CB and S could still use a big time guy.
- #3 QB if Cassel moves to #2.
- DL could use depth at NT and DE unless they like Mike Wright and Marquis Hill.

I think BB is still very high on Hill. The papers keep publishing that BB likes the kid. I'd be extremely disappointed if Hill is not in our long range plans.

My take on this thread....

My take is our FA signing are solid if not spectacular. The glaring hole right now is WR and to a little lesser degree LB, then O-line. Age and certain players being FA's next year. Read: Koppen........ SO, I would like to see 2 WR's taken. A day one and an early day 2 would be nice.... 2 LB's also, same scenario. The rest is gravy..... Oh yeah, we may wanna look for someone to kick PAT's and FG's

I'm thinking that we could still find a decent WR in free agency or in trade, before the draft. But I don't think we could fill the LB slot that way.

So I see us taking an LB at 21--Lawson, Carpenter, Greenway, in my order of preference. At 52, maybe we'll take Stovall or another WR.

Ochmed Jones said:
I think BB is still very high on Hill. The papers keep publishing that BB likes the kid. I'd be extremely disappointed if Hill is not in our long range plans.

Wow, I hadn't heard that at all. Where have you read that? Any more info? Good news, if true.

My prediction/hope for day 1 is still LB, RB, WR or TE (WR is more of a need, but there will likely be better value at TE in round 3 than WR, depending on where a few players fall), and another LB. Day 2 I'm pulling for OT/OG, one of the QBs who could move to WR (while being the #3 QB), WR or TE (depending on which we take on day 1), and another LB. After that.

"Think our day one has been impacted by FA's at this point?"

Ummm....nope.

DL
If even Hill and Wright are locks, there is room for one DL to replace Klecko. Also, there is the issue of Seymour insurance.

Extensions
Much depends on the possible extensions of Seymour, Koppen, Graham, Hochstein and/or Branch.

BelichickFan said:
Sure. DBs and OL have been lowered with the signings of Warfield, Mitchell and Neal. WR has been lowered a little with the signings of Caldwell and Brown. WR is still a need position for a #2 guy but before we needed a #2, #3 and #4 :)

LB and WR are the only obvious holes. Various others include :

- Young RB with upsdide.
- #3 TE with upside of #2 if Graham leaves.
- RT unless Kaczur is looked at as "the answer".
- C unless Koppen re-signs.
- CB and S could still use a big time guy.
- #3 QB if Cassel moves to #2.
- DL could use depth at NT and DE unless they like Mike Wright and Marquis Hill.

Things could change again depending on what other FAs we sign but right now think LB is the day one area we can/need to address big time. If we were to sign a FA LB of note then maybe WR becomes our day one emphasis. With our number of picks we have the luxury of drafting for the various other positions that have been mentioned. Think a TE is high on our target list following LB/WR/RB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back