PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Think I am going to the Jets-Pats this weekend...some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady_to_Moss

28-3....
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
How bad are the fans down there? if i wear my moss jersey can i expect to be **** on the entire time unless the Pats are winning? Never been down there..how is parking? Getting tickets on stubhub

Never been there, but I imagine its hell. Jets fans are generally boorish dumba**es. Imagine Jersey Shore but with more alcohol and anger.

How bad are the fans down there? if i wear my moss jersey can i expect to be **** on the entire time unless the Pats are winning? Never been down there..how is parking? Getting tickets on stubhub
Do you have good health/life insurance? ;)

I live in Jersey and I can honestly tell you the fans are some of the worst in the league. If you really want to go to the game, you might wanna lay low. I have had chances in the past to attend this game but I would rather watch it in my living room!!

Never been there, but I imagine its hell. Jets fans are generally boorish dumba**es. Imagine Jersey Shore but with more alcohol and anger.

Especially if they "play like Jets" (i.e. like last night). Might be best to be inconspicuous. After all, they even harass women and children there:

Patriots fan sues over harrassment by rowdy Jets backers

I'd tread carefully.

:scared:

images

Ugh, hard to say what the crowd will be like. There's a lot of new fans today from last year. PSL's left a lot of the decade old fans at home. And, the fans were humbled last night. So, you'll probably be okay. It's like at any stadium where the fans are rough, if you keep your mouth shut and let them talk, that's all it will be, talk!

I go to one game a year and I can tell you a few things

1. The fans aren't as bad as people make them out to be.. Of course I don't wear my appreal

2. Parking has changed the past few years. Used to be 10 dollars and you'd park right at the stadium. The past 2-3 years you need a special pass because of the new stadium going up and they didn't have the space so they bus in a lot of people. I would recommend calling up and seeing.

3. Much better getting in and out of the stadium compared to the Pats..

Of course those goons are going to be bad. Worts fan base in professional sports.

If your a vocal fan, don't wear the jersey. I'm serious. It's a brutal crowd. I know Jets season ticket holders that refuse to bring wives and kids because of the language and thugery. And security will not give you the benefit of the doubt if trouble occurs. Fifteen years ago, I saw a Pats fan get stabbed exiting the stadium. He was a drunk ass that started fights at the half and you knew that it was gonna end bad.

I was told I could go last year, for free, to do the flag detail and turned it down. Those fans are some of the scummiest I have had the displeasure of being around. I'd rather walk into Lincoln FInancial Field wearing a shirt that said "F*CK PHILADELPHIA"...the fans would treat you better.

Good luck, man. I hope the Pats smack the crap out of them and you can move up to front row seats, like I did during the December 06 MNF game.

If your a vocal fan, don't wear the jersey. I'm serious. It's a brutal crowd. I know Jets season ticket holders that refuse to bring wives and kids because of the language and thugery. And security will not give you the benefit of the doubt if trouble occurs. Fifteen years ago, I saw a Pats fan get stabbed exiting the stadium. He was a drunk ass that started fights at the half and you knew that it was gonna end bad.

I remember a few years ago two men mistook a woman for a man wearing a dolphins jersey and beat her up good.. It happens any where when there is a lot of drinking..

Only place I felt safe was in Tampa.. Fans were all relaxed and happy just to see the game.

I'm planning on going to the Jets pat's game this weekend. I have a #81 Patriots jersey that says 'Jets suck' Where the 'Moss" should be. I am going to be obnoxious as hell to Jets fans saying that they are all losers, their team stinks, Sanchez is gay and what not. I'm going to try to start a couple fights too. Just kidding brah

I've been there a few times. At the very least you will hear comments. If you talk back it will be like opening a Pandora's box full of Rex Ryan babies. The good news for you is the Jets fans will probably act like dog who's just been scolded and if the Pats win you can walk through the Meadowlands like you own the joint. The place will be empty.

I'm planning on going to the Jets pat's game this weekend. I have a #81 Patriots jersey that says 'Jets suck' Where the 'Moss" should be. I am going to be obnoxious as hell to Jets fans saying that they are all losers, their team stinks, Sanchez is gay and what not. I'm going to try to start a couple fights too. Just kidding brah

you are my hero

I mean if you look at it like this, Even though they are Jets fans they are still people. I think the majority of people are good and may just talk some trash if the Pats are winning and they had a few beers. Most of us , being on this board, are hardcore Patriots fans and wouldn't go beat up a Jets fan at a pats game. I'd have to say most Jets fans would be the same way. Yeah, we hate the Jets and may be tempted to talk some smack but as long as your not an obnoxious fool who's being loud you should be fine. Just lay low. If you wear your jersey there is a 25% chance increase in you getting your butt kicked.

Last edited:

CheeseMonkeys, RIP. March 2010-September 19, 2010. We hardly knew ye.

I'd be cautious about wearing Pats gear. They will be loaded for bear. My one experience there was on a Monday Night football game the day after Christmas several years back (maybe more than several years now!). We all wore Pats gear and did not get much more than a few choice words thrown in our direction, but several things factored into that:

1. I had 2 kids with me.
2. The Jets were already out of it for the year (hence all the Pats fans who were able to score tickets) and the game was not sold out.
3. There were a lot of Pats fans at the game also wearing Pats gear, so we didn't stick out too much.

There was lots of parking right around the stadium (it was the old stadium, but the new one is right next door) and even a lot of Friday's type restaurants in the area to grab a bite to eat first if you didn't want to tailgate.

I also have friends who have attended Pats/Jets with their NY friends a couple of times. They always lay low and cheer low to avoid causing a fight in the stands, which their NY friends told them was a possibility if they came decked out. I think I'd leave my Moss jersey at home.

Wear four hidden camera devices, projected into different directions, and get the jerks on the record. As soon as you hear anything threatening, of any type, report it to the security people, and get their response on video, too. Then after they do nothing, and you pay the price, sue the Jets, the individual fans, the individual security people, the stadium officials, and anyone else who should have behaved differently than they did.

You have right to go to the game, say anything you want, and not be abused. Anything less is an assault on our way of life, everything decent about America, and democracy.

Wear four hidden camera devices, projected into different directions, and get the jerks on the record. As soon as you hear anything threatening, of any type, report it to the security people, and get their response on video, too. Then after they do nothing, and you pay the price, sue the Jets, the individual fans, the individual security people, the stadium officials, and anyone else who should have behaved differently than they did.

You have right to go to the game, say anything you want, and not be abused. Anything less is an assault on our way of life, everything decent about America, and democracy.

Has anyone ever told you that you are better than the alternative. That comes from the heart bro. I agree with you

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes