PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Think Bruschi will play vs. the Jags? I don't...

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I just don't think he can come back that quickly. I still think the Pats can beat the Jags without him, but it makes it that much tougher.

I think he'll be back. He practiced all last week.

Tedy WILL play.

Nobody knows.

Last edited:
in my opinion he will play.

Nobody thought he'd come back quickly from a stroke either! :rolleyes:

If he's ready, he'll play. Tedy at 75% is better then Beisel at 100%.

The question is whether he'll be on special team duty too.

edzo44 said:
Nobody thought he'd come back quickly from a stroke either! :rolleyes:

If he's ready, he'll play. Tedy at 75% is better then Beisel at 100%.

The question is whether he'll be on special team duty too.

I hope he plays...why couldn't BB put in Monty for special teams, and save Tedy some wear and tear?

Bruschi will start AND play special teams - and he should. That will give us our best chance of winning the game.
It is playoff time, no resting or saving because if you do - it could be a long off season.

Nobody knows. Everyone here is just guessing (altho' some sure do sound like they know - they don't).

I actually hope he is NOT used in this game. I think the Pats need him more to be 100% against Indy/Denver more than they need him at 80% against the Jags. Plus, isn't there a greater risk of re-injury if he comes back too fast from this (see: Gay, Randall and Law,Ty)

JoeSixPat mentioned the theory of using Leftwich for a while and then going to Garard during the game if Byron can't hack it early on in the game.

Why can't the Pats try that with Beisel/Brown in the first quarter on Saturday. If they aren't holding up well, then go the desperation route of using Bruschi at 80%?

I'm just not impressed with this Jaguar team. I think we can beat them without Bruschi. I know we can't beat Indy/Denver without Bruschi at full strength.

Last edited:
I think that he plays. There's a possibililty that it may tighten up on him either before or during the game.

But as of today, I think he plays.

I heard parts of a replay of a phone interview the WEEI guys did with BB apparently postgame (instead of his regular Patriots Monday apearance I guess) yesterday evening. I believe at one point he told them that basically there was nobody who couldn't have played on Sunday although there were a few guys they chose not to play and had chosen not to push last week in practice. I assume those few included Tedy. He sounded very relaxed and not at all guarded when he said there were no serious injury concerns for the upcoming week, of course pending any developments during this week.

It's a one game season from here on out, and I think Tedy came back to play in those games unless they amputate the leg. It's not a career threatening type of injury. In the famous words of Monty Biesel, everybody's different. Great players play "hurt" all the time, and more often than not they play pretty well.

From today's Herald :

"According to sources, Bruschi is expected to play against the Jags. The only thing that could keep him out is if the Pats’ coaching and training staffs determine the risk of aggravating the injury is too great and Bruschi would be hobbled further into the playoffs. That being said, all indications are that Bruschi will be out there."

BelichickFan said:
From today's Herald :

"According to sources, Bruschi is expected to play against the Jags. The only thing that could keep him out is if the Pats’ coaching and training staffs determine the risk of aggravating the injury is too great and Bruschi would be hobbled further into the playoffs."

That's why I think he doesn't play.

oldrover said:
That's why I think he doesn't play.
I think you're worried about nothing, we'll see.

I think there is a good chance Bruschi will not start, and will only enter lineup if defense is under seige. However, with Beisel in the game, you can bet the house the Jags will look run the ball in his direction. Dolphins last Sunday consistently ran over and manhandled Beisel. Matt Chatham provides an upgrade over Beisel.

groundgame said:
I think there is a good chance Bruschi will not start, and will only enter lineup if defense is under seige. However, with Beisel in the game, you can bet the house the Jags will look run the ball in his direction. Dolphins last Sunday consistently ran over and manhandled Beisel. Matt Chatham provides an upgrade over Beisel.

So, if Matt Chatham is an upgrade over Biesel, why do you think that BB will play Monte over Matt?

Surely BB and Eric must see this if all of the fans do.

From the info we have, I think is an absolute certainty he plays.

Im holding my breath a bit though, on the possibility the injury is more serious than being let on (i.e. a knee injury in addition to a minor calf strain). This has happened before, so its not impossible.
However, the word coming out of Foxborough sounds like what we are hearing is the extent of the injury.

I disagree with not starting him, and only playing if the D gets in trouble.

A key to our defense is to shut down the run, and do it early. With Bruschi playing, no one can run on this D as it is currently playing. Without him we can be pretty good vs the run, but not great. Great run D is one of the most important aspects of playoff success.

My guess is 60 he plays, 40 he doesn't play.

We'd have to be happy if he doesn't play, we win, and then he's full health the following week.

why wouldnt he play...
being playoff time, playing all your best players IS the best strategy, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back