PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Think BB is pissed that Brady's ankle injury went public?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Water Boy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Given BB's approach about not disclosing injury information, I have to believe that he is not happy about Brady being seen in public with a boot and limping outside his Boston Apt.

If not for the boot episode, the Giants would have no idea he had any sort of significant leg injury, now they can game plan knowing Brady's injury

If I'm the Giants, I blitz like crazy and try to knock Brady out of the game.

Given BB's approach about not disclosing injury information, I have to believe that he is not happy about Brady being seen in public with a boot and limping outside his Boston Apt.

If not for the boot episode, the Giants would have no idea he had any sort of significant leg injury, now they can game plan knowing Brady's injury

"It is what it is."

Belichick will make the most of any given situation.

BTW, the apartment was in NYC.

Last edited:

What ankle injury?

He was seen limping a lot worse after the 2001 AFCC game, and Belichick still let him play then, so....that's probably where Tommy got the idea he could get away with this visibly limping crap.

If he is pissed he'll probably bench him for the most of the first pre season game just so he gets the message. Not for the limp so much as failure to employ his situational cloak of invisibility tool.

PS - if you don't think Bill would rather the media focus all it's energy and attention on Brady's ankle than on his other players or his game planning or their being undefeated, then you're pretty naive.

What would be really funny was if BB actually did put Stallworth in at QB for the first series and ran the option. Then after they went down the field and scored, Brady could come in and it would be buisness as usual.

"It is what it is."

Belichick will make the most of any given situation.

BTW, the apartment was in NYC.

Also in Boston. This from today's Herald.

Cancel the All Points Bulletin - Tom’s been spotted in the Hub.

But there’s a catch. Or, more precisely, a limp.

The NFL MVP quarterback was seen outside his Back Bay manse at dusk yesterday as he greeted the two Boston police officers who were watching his back. But when he stepped over to salute them, he walked with a noticeable limp.

You don't think they'd try to do that anyway?

I think knowing Brady is injured gives the Giants more incentive to blitz. They are more likely to risk giving up a big play or two or take a late hit penalty for the reward of knocking Brady out of the game. Teams know that blitzing a healthy Brady is an exercise in futility. Knowing he's hurt and that he may have trouble planting or moving in the pocket gives them all the more reason to come after him.

Funny how so many people are (or want) to be sucked in by this.

Ever wonder why Brady was NOT walking with a boot or any noticeable limp on the day AFTER the original "Bootgate" video?????? The Tuesday afternoon in NY?

I think knowing Brady is injured gives the Giants more incentive to blitz. They are more likely to risk giving up a big play or two or take a late hit penalty for the reward of knocking Brady out of the game. Teams know that blitzing a healthy Brady is an exercise in futility. Knowing he's hurt and that he may have trouble planting or moving in the pocket gives them all the more reason to come after him.

I was thinking this same thing yesterday but I was hoping this whole situation was mostly a ruse. Someone spotting Brady 7 days after his last game and apparently still limping leaves me less inclined to think they're just messing with the Giants and the media.

That being said if the Giants start sending the kitchen sink after a supposedly hobbled Brady all it will take is for them to get burned once or twice to start backing off.

Funny how so many people are (or want) to be sucked in by this.

Ever wonder why Brady was NOT walking with a boot or any noticeable limp on the day AFTER the original "Bootgate" video??????

That thought occurred to me too. I really want to believe they are still messing with the media-Giants, I really do. But.....

Last edited:
Bootgate is a plain joke. Bill hates the media, what better way to screw with them?

PS - if you don't think Bill would rather the media focus all it's energy and attention on Brady's ankle than on his other players or his game planning or their being undefeated, then you're pretty naive.

I must be naive.

I got to tell you, I'm concerned. Its a week since the Pats played the Chargers and Brady is still limping and we do not know if he's practicing. According to Jaws, he hurt the ankle early in that game and his performance wasn't Brady-like. We may not see Tom at his best come Sunday. I don't know, no one here does, its all speculation, but it is officially a 'story'.

We may not see Tom at his best come Sunday. I don't know, no one here does, its all speculation, but it is officially a 'story'.

I'm not like "Holy crap the Pats are going to lose 'cause Cassel's going to play" or "OMG, I'm going to jump off the Tobin" but I am a bit concerned. (Let the bashing begin).

I doubt he was THAT upset...I think he knows the media in NY and how the paparazzi are...but GIVEN that..I am sure he will use that small bit of knowledge to his benefit.
So the Giants blitz more..do you think the pats will not GAIN a lot by that? Burn them? He will take every advantage there is and make it larger.

I think Bill is liking it because it gives the Giants one more thing to think about, and there is nothing worth worrying about for the ankle (according to Tom Sr.)

I think it ends up being a distraction for the Giants. It will be a wee, wee distraction because Tom Coughlin is no fool. He knows that Brady was walking on it in NYC, not the trainer's room, and he knows that Brady will be on the field in top form next Sunday.

Did I say "next Sunday"?

I think it ends up being a distraction for the Giants.

If the Giants spend a large chunk of their practice time on Cassel, their coaching staff isn't as smart as some people give them credit for.

I think Bill is liking it because it gives the Giants one more thing to think about, and there is nothing worth worrying about for the ankle (according to Tom Sr.)

I think it ends up being a distraction for the Giants. It will be a wee, wee distraction because Tom Coughlin is no fool. He knows that Brady was walking on it in NYC, not the trainer's room, and he knows that Brady will be on the field in top form next Sunday.

Did I say "next Sunday"?

Yup, that's next Sunday by which time if the ankle isn't feeling better than it has since he was 8, it will be medically made to feel that way. Yeesh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes