PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Think About It: The Only Good Super Bowls Have the Pats in Them

Status
Not open for further replies.

aluminum seats

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Seriously........the Super Bowl SUCKS every year, unless the Patiots are playing. Think about it.....Seattle/Pittsburgh? Sucked. Colts/Bears? Sucked. Ravens/Giants? REALLY sucked. Tampa/Raiders? Mucho suck-o. And on and on and on. So you're welcome, America, and you better just pray the Pats are in it next year. Although come to think of it, if they are, I hope we treat the country to a nice boring 30 point Pats' blowout victory.

Well, as a Pats fan, I have to agree with you. I'm sure other teams' fans would disagree.

Well, as a Pats fan, I have to agree with you. I'm sure other teams' fans would disagree.

I don't think so--I mean objectively good games. The Pats games are close, and usually referred to as the "best ever." The other game are just lousy.

I don't think so--I mean objectively good games. The Pats games are close, and usually referred to as the "best ever." The other game are just lousy.

I agree. The last two especially really were suckfests.

Seriously........the Super Bowl SUCKS every year, unless the Patiots are playing. Think about it.....Seattle/Pittsburgh? Sucked. Colts/Bears? Sucked. Ravens/Giants? REALLY sucked. Tampa/Raiders? Mucho suck-o. And on and on and on. So you're welcome, America, and you better just pray the Pats are in it next year. Although come to think of it, if they are, I hope we treat the country to a nice boring 30 point Pats' blowout victory.
Pretty much true, three exceptions, but you have to go all the way back to 1989 for those three more close ones. I thought we were going to channel XXIII, Tom instead of Joe, but not quite.

Super Bowl XXXIV
St. Louis Rams 23 Tennessee Titans 16

Super Bowl XXV
New York Giants 20 Buffalo Bills 19

Super Bowl XXIII San Francisco 49ers 20 Cincinnati Bengals 16

not true

giants bills was great

broncos packers was great

bengals 49ers was great

all the pats sbs have been really good games to the wire, but there have been others

if that game sunday could have got to OT it would have cemented itself as the best sb ever

Not exactly.....there was one that I remember.:eek:

not true

giants bills was great

bengals 49ers was great

all the pats sbs have been really good games to the wire, but there have been others

if that game sunday could have got to OT it would have cemented itself as the best sb ever

I think the OP was talking about this decade. You're right, there have been some great ones. Just not lately when the Pats weren't there.

not true

giants bills was great

bengals 49ers was great

I think you're actually proving my point. Yes, over the 40+ years, there have been a couple of other good ones. But in the main, the games are horrible. The Pats are 4 for 4 playing good to great, exciting, close games.

I think the OP was talking about this decade. You're right, there have been some great ones. Just not lately when the Pats weren't there.
oh just this decade? that's a slam dunk

pats sb = close game at the wire, and very entertaining

Scale of 1 - 10, 10 being awesome.
Pats vs Giants 9 (fantastic finish)
Colts vs Bears 4 (yawn)
Steelers vs Seahawks 12 (I'm biased yes)
Pats vs Eagels 7 (never felt the Eagles were going to win)
Pats vs Panthers 8 (another great game)
Raiders vs Bucks 3 (was it ever in question?)
Rams vs Pats 9 (seriously...a great game)
Ravens vs Giants 3 (yawn, Giants had no chance)
Rams vs Titans 10 (One Yard Short on the last play of the game)
Broncos vs Falcons 4 (yawn)
Packers vs Broncos 9 (the overall talent in this game, it was a great game)
Packers vs Pats 6 (Run the ball with Curtis Martin more and you could have won. Special teams big plays)
Cowboys vs Steelers 8 (ripped my heart out, right out, 2 picks to the same effing guy after we score a fg, kick an onside, get it, score 7 then shut them down 3 and out, and have the mo at 20-17...throws another pick)

How far back are we going?

Super Bowl X...I'm 3...everyone in the room is rooting for the team in white...I wanted the team in black...team in black won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes