PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Things we NEED to see...

Status
Not open for further replies.
In case anyone thinks that BB might have something relevant on this:

I think everybody can benefit from being on the practice field. The amount might vary a little bit, depending on what you’re trying to get done. But I think it’s beneficial for everybody. … In general, players need to practice and play to get ready to play. If we saved everybody, we’d just sit around here for six weeks and not do anything.I don’t think we’d have a very good football team. But everybody would be safe. There’s got be some middle ground between working and getting the team ready to execute to a certain level, and at the same time, you don’t want them worn down by the time you get to the season. You got be able to go out there and play competitively against some pretty good competition in this league. We’re just trying to find that balance, and it’s not the same for every player.”

That's from today's pressconf, which both Albert and Christopher have in their blogs.

In case anyone thinks that BB might have something relevant on this:

I think everybody can benefit from being on the practice field. The amount might vary a little bit, depending on what you’re trying to get done. But I think it’s beneficial for everybody. … In general, players need to practice and play to get ready to play. If we saved everybody, we’d just sit around here for six weeks and not do anything.I don’t think we’d have a very good football team. But everybody would be safe. There’s got be some middle ground between working and getting the team ready to execute to a certain level, and at the same time, you don’t want them worn down by the time you get to the season. You got be able to go out there and play competitively against some pretty good competition in this league. We’re just trying to find that balance, and it’s not the same for every player.”

That's from today's pressconf, which both Albert and Christopher have in their blogs.

NOBODY IS ARGUING THIS. Of course players are BETTER with practice. We're saying that now is a little early to freakin' panic about it.

There's only one thing I want to see vs. Carolina: a coordinated offense. The offense should be the expression of a single mind and will, working as cohesively as state of the art machinery. Everyone knows the parts are top of the line. In my ledger, the fluidity and productivity of that machine is the responsibility of the white collar kid in charge of the department, Mr. McDaniel. I already know the foreman can do the job, i.e. Mr Brady. The kid with the corner office, OTOH, is a young whippersnapper who has yet to make his mark, but shows some of the positives and negatives of youth: great work ethic and desire, an inconsistency in approach and possibly in leadership. The men who work the furnace aren't machines themselves: they need to be motivated like men, and sometimes they need a swift kick in the @$$, and the foreman, Mr. Brady, shouldn't always bear the burden of delivering that kick. When all is said and done, I want to see the following produced: defensive players blowing snot bubbles through their face guards wondering what terrifying beast obliterated them on its march to paydirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back