Welcome to PatsFans.com

Things to consider when you vote for John McCain

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

from Cliff Schecter's new book The Real McCain
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Perhaps the most remarkable story of McCain's temper involved Arizona Congressman Rick Renzi. Two former reporters covering McCain, one who witnessed the following events and one who confirmed the facts provided by the first, relayed it to me as follows: In 2006, the Arizona Republican congressional delegation had a strategy meeting. McCain repeatedly addressed two new members, congressmen Trent Franks and Rick Renzi, as 'boy.' Finally, Renzi, a former college linebacker, rose from his chair and said to McCain, "You call me that one more time and I'll kick your old ass." McCain lunged at Renzi, punches were thrown, and the two had to be physically separated. After they went to their separate offices, McCain called Renzi and demanded an apology. Renzi refused. Apparently this posture made McCain admire him, as they became fast friends.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sounds like a pretty normal person to me. he should be able to broker peace deals, and put his best fist....er.....I mean FOOT forward.

2. Stokes

Stokes In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Wait, that's awesome! I love how they became friends after that.

Are you concerned about a President having a nasty temper, or being willing to fight? Things worked out pretty well for Andrew Jackson (and for the US while he was Prez), didnt they? Also, don't forget Abe Lincoln was a champion wrestler, and even talked so much trash about a political opponent once that the guy challenged him to a sabre duel, and Lincoln went to meet him!

3. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Yeah...I don't really see the problem. I wish more people up there would do that. I just wish McCain would act that way toward democrats.

4. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Andrew Jackson was the 1st president to be impeaced.....also on the 20 dollar bill....

I always found that strange....

anyway, not really sure what to think about McCain and all this, since I'm not voting for him...it really doesn't matter. He lost all of my respect after South Carolina in 2000 the way he rolled over. This is for you McCain peeps to eat or puke. It seems to me that it is not the way a leader should act, and thats kinda why I posted it, with the thread title.

of course everyone wants a 'fighter' or a 'tough president' and all that cliche macho shizz...but this conflict seems junior varsity to me.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2008
  5. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

No, Jackson was never impeached. Andrew Johnson was.

Sheesh.

:bricks:

6. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +369 / 10 / -14

To apraphrase T Sowell, J Mc Cain couldn't convince me to vote for McCain, only BHO and Nillary could convince me to vote for McCain.

7. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Ha!....

Johnson, Jackson.....Jack Johnson....John Jackson

sorry for that, and thanks for the kick in the pants a.paul!

8. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Jeremiah Johnson!

;)

9. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I thought he was a bullfrog? we were down for a while back in the day.

10. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Jeremiah was the bullfrog...I never understood him, but he let me drink his wine.

Jeremiah Johnson is a movie...Redford, directed by Sydney Pollack, based on a true story about a mountain man. Great, great movie. On top of my top five list.

Great scene, Johnson has pissed off the local Indian tribe, so they're coming for him one at a time. He's at a campfire with a friend one night, and one comes for him, they fight, he wins, and his friend says "mebbe...mebbe you ought to get out of these mountains...go down to a town." And Johnson looks at him and says "I've been to a town."

Will Geer, the grandfather from the Waltons is in it too. Apparently he was bisexual, and had a habit of mooning people on the Walton's set.

I don't know why I store up all these useless facts.

11. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

talk about drifting from a subject.....

but hey, I know that much more about Will Geer now....thansk for the heads up.

now.....imagine if McCain and Geer met in a tent by a campfire? lets bring this full circle.

12. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Well...

McCain would finally be the younger one in the relationship.

Would they leave the flaps up or down?

13. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

14. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Sad part is, I'm sure he didn't want his hands to be at GWB's crotch (well, I assume so anyway) but he can't raise his arms above that level. So what happens if he's in the oval office and the red emergency phone rings and someone has put it on a high shelf?

Obama's tall, he could reach it no matter what. But JMC...I don't know.

15. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

On the psoitive side, if the 3am call comes in, he will just be waking up.

16. Stokes

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

17. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +989 / 2 / -9

I wasn't going to vote but all this "tiger stuff" and "getting mad at our enemy" and "bombing the head hunters" if they give us any sh!t is making Mccain look better every day.

If the Muslim terrorists attack America again and Prince Barack ------- Obama is the President he'll fix the bastards, he'll give a speech and they'll all faint.:singing::singing:

Make Mccain lose his temper, hot damn, Iv'e changed my mind, I think I'll vote.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2008
  18. Stokes

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Hell yes Harry! I'd like to see that smug little SOB Putin try and steal Bob Kraft's Superbowl ring with McCain at the helm, he'd end up with a black eye and a bloody nose!

19. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +838 / 7 / -3

McCain is one tough SOB. The fact that he became friends with the guys is something I can relate too. I have an explosive temper. I rarely get mad, but when I do, I explode. My friends & people who know me are mortified when they see me pissed. They think I'm even more nuts when I'm laughing 5 minutes later. It's more a venting thing. The fact that he calmed down to the point of becoming friends, shows he's not a grudge holding maniac. Grudge holders are the one's you need to be afraid of. Grudges get in the way of logic & sense. Still, I'm not voting for McCain, and I could understand why a tempter that is unstable would concern some people. What's funny is that I've always seen McCain as the opposite of a stubborn, tempter tantrun type. ABB & I once talked about how we weren't to crazy about McCain because he always seems like the type to make a deal for the sake of compromise. Compromise is good, and an important quality, but you can't always just split the difference. That's one of the things I don't like about Johnny Mac.

20. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I would just like to chime in and appreciate the Jeremiah Johnson reference by a.paul. Good one!