PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Things that as us Pats fans have put up with...And what would push us over the limit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Well Ive been a fan since 1978, and have seen my share so lets see what you would you as a pats fan push over the edge to not follow them.. ( i think you know where Im going)..

1-15 1990- Nope
6-10 1991- nope
2-14 1992- Not even close
Lisa Olson- Nope
Pats moving to St Louis- would have test me, but thank god I dont have to think about it
Parcells leaving- nope
Pats moving to hartford- It would not matter to me, but glad it did not happen either
Spy gate- hell no

Signing Mike Vick- would be the hugest test I would ever face..

Please folks do not sign mike vick.. ..

Re: Things that as us Pats fans have put up with.. And what would push us over the li

I forgot not even 50 parking fees would not make me wane either.. :)

Re: Things that as us Pats fans have put up with...And what would push us over the li

I've been a fan since '93, so there haven't been too many awful seasons that I've had to go through. Two 5-11 seasons which weren't that hard to get through and a 6-10 that was just disappointing. The rest of the time they've been in contention deep into the season. So I'd have to say Spygate was the most difficult thing to deal with as a Patriots fan. The constant coverage of it was bad enough, but giving Patriot haters something they could always use to downplay our Super Bowls just sucks. 2007 was an awesome season on the field, but it was really annoying having Spygate looming over everything. It pretty much ruined that Super Bowl weekend with Specter being an idiot like always.

Re: Things that as us Pats fans have put up with...And what would push us over the li

Do you know how amazing it would be if Bill Belichick turned Michael Vick into a decent citizen with a Super Bowl ring?

That would only boost his legacy as one of the greatest coaches of all-time.

Plus, I personally love the hate. It's even more enjoyable watching the Pats win when you know so many people want them to lose.

I'm starting to get annoyed with the Mike Vick stuff. I don't excuse his actions, it is gruesome and brutal and has no place in our society, but I just see so much of the outrage as piling on. I guarantee people in these forums go to horse races or dog races, which have come under criticism for the inhumane treatment of said animals. I'm sure most in this forum watch boxing and MMA fights. I don't think I could watch a dogfight, but I have participated in the other events above. I eat plenty of meat and I doubt there are many vegans reading this post, so whether we like it or not, we all contribute to killing animals. There are several players in the NFL who have taken another human's life, and the fan reactions pale in comparison. He's paid his price, let's move on.

I was a little young for the Lisa Olsen thing, but now that I look back at that, it is absolutely disgraceful, from the players' actions to the owner's reaction. Add the on-field product, and it would be easy to quit my allegience to a team. Thankfully, I do think the Kraft regime has certainly done a tremendous job distancing the organization from such low points on and off the field.

As for St. Louis, I'm a hometown team guy. I can't be faithful to a team that can't be faithful to me.

Not sure how long I have been a Pats Fan.. sometimes around the superbowl, switched from the Browns who I was bottle fed on..

If they went to St. Louis then I may have gone back to the Browns... never could go for any NY team.. going to St. Louis would have been unforgivable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes