PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Things stacking up against Pittsburgh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

edge312

Rookie
Reaction score
I don't like to sell a win before the game is actually played, but too many things are leading me to believe that this game won't be as close as advertised. I'm taking the following things into account:

1) The line has dropped by almost a FG
2) Just about every analyst is picking the Steelers (more than likely just to create debate) - as Simmons would say, they are the "sexy" pick in this matchup
3) Pittsburgh players (i.e. Smith) start running their mouth and "guaranteeing" a victory
4) Pittsburgh is 2-3 on the road with losses to Arizona, Denver, and the Jets (the freakin' Jets!) = combined 14-22 record
5) Rodney and Co. feel somewhat embarrassed after a complete lack of a run defense last week
6) Pittsburgh has been in this position before, and I highly doubt BB has forgotten about their streak-ending victory back in '04
7) I fully expect the crowd to be offering up a much needed 12th man, which should cause problems for Little Ben at the line.

Just my .02

Like every game. This game will be won at the lines. If our lines play like the 3rd qtr on Monday, it will be close. If they play like the Buffalo game, it could be a blow out. I very, very much want them to blow them out. I just had a call from a Pittsburg fan a few minutes ago hyping the game. I will have droves of Steelers fans coming into my store if the Pats lose, just like 2004.

I think we win big. Roth - es- burger throws 2 picks this week.

What "experts" are picking the Steelers? Even Prisco has the Pats winning (not covering). ESPN picks not complete. Anyone wanna make a bet that Schlereth, Hoge and Golic pick the Steelers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back