Welcome to PatsFans.com

Things just keep getting worse for Cheney

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PressCoverage, Jan 26, 2007.

1. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

the biggest ouch yet... i mean, are you F'ing kidding me????... there's no doubt in my mind this guy is in line for a major investigation before his term is up:

Rockefeller: Cheney applied 'constant' pressure to stall investigation on flawed Iraq intelligence

By Jonathan S. Landay
    McClatchy Newspapers

WASHINGTON - Vice President Dick Cheney exerted "constant" pressure on the Republican former chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee to stall an investigation into the Bush administration's use of flawed intelligence on Iraq, the panel's Democratic chairman charged Thursday.

In an interview with McClatchy Newspapers, Sen. Jay Rockefeller of West Virginia also accused President Bush of running an illegal program by ordering eavesdropping on Americans' international e-mails and telephone communications without court-issued warrants.

In the 45-minute interview, Rockefeller said that it was "not hearsay" that Cheney, a leading proponent of invading Iraq, pushed Sen. Pat Roberts, R-Kan., to drag out the probe of the administration's use of prewar intelligence.

"It was just constant," Rockefeller said of Cheney's alleged interference. He added that he knew that the vice president attended regular policy meetings in which he conveyed White House directions to Republican staffers.

Republicans "just had to go along with the administration," he said.
  2. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I think its so strange how much power this guy has...

imagine if you will....

Al Gore pulling power moves like this?

Dan Quale exerting constant pressure on congress to surpress evidence.

NOW......

imagine them getting away with it?
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2007
  3. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +263 / 10 / -11

Equally strange is imagine if Chelsea Clinton had a child out of wedlock. The media and right-wing blogs would be all over it. Mary Cheney's pregnancy is hardly getting any coverage, which of course is the right thing, but it's very mysterious the kid-glove treatment the Cheney's get.
  4. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

ummmm... the man stalled, and some might say halted, an investigation into his own lies... correct me, but could that not be seen as obstruction of justice somehow?
  5. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

again, i don't want to see the man hung...

i merely want him removed from office for lying to the American people, covering up his lies, sending America's best to die unecessarily, disrupting our military resources, and throwing a sovereign nation (the wrong "enemy") into complete and utter chaos...
  6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +515 / 6 / -2

Well, when have the children of sitting presidents and VP's not been respected by the media? I think it's always been pretty customary to leave the children alone.
  7. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

while i do feel the gay bashing righty agenda makes Cheney look completely hypocritical, i don't see a need to badger him about it any further... it was lame of Wolf to ask... especially when there's so many other pertinant questions to serve up for Tricky Dick to avoid on national TV...

questions i would ask, and hammer home until he addressed (regardless of how pissy he got):

1) Rockefeller alledges that you purposefully hindered the Senate Intel Commission's investigation into pre-war intel. How do you respond to that?

2) Patrick Fitzgerald has portrayed you as having orchestrated a coordinated plan to discredit Joe Wilson in mid-2003, including the delibate blown cover of a NOC agent, protected under the Intelligence Agencies Protection Act... How do you respond to that?
  8. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +233 / 8 / -13

Hmmm... the same Jay Rockefeller who was censured for leaking classified material?
  9. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +233 / 8 / -13

Well Jay Jay was censured, even if noting he is a liar annoys you.

NTW so was Leahy, in fact he was removed from the Intel committee because of his egregious acts. Of course it didn't stop the demRATS from putting him in charge of the committe that reviews the qualifications of judges. sorta funny whne you think about it.
  10. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +508 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

There's a lot of CYA going on with all the congressmen who voted for the war. Just blame Bush.
  11. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

more deflection, more distortion... no refutiation... kinda funy, actually