PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Things I hate about Kiper!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

holyredeemer

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Alright boys and gals. It's officially draft day, and you know what that means. MEL KIPER and his horrendous hairdo. So, with that being said. I want everyone to participate and post about what they hate most about Kiper.
I would say the biggest thing that I hate about Kiper, is those snippet sections of old drafts where Kiper sounds off about a team and it's draft pick, then we have to listen to the G.M. of said team, ***** and moan about "who the hell is Mel Kiper anyways?" It's the same snippets every year, and they are driving me crazy. C'mon ESPN....you can't come up with something new or different? Oh, let's also not forget to bash Michael Irvin. The guy just can't shut up and let anyone else talk. The crew they assemble totally take away from the great boomer. Heck, I would be happy if he just did the draft himself with a few war room correspondents. So, let's go people...sound off!

i'm sorry i read until great boomer and then my brain exploded.

lol I watched when Colts took that LB in '94 and then Polian says "who is Mel Kiper anyways. He predicts what each team is going to pick and when they pick the need he always complains." or something like that and said my neighbor whos a postman has just as much credibility to make a prediction and he doesnt even have season tickets to watch football

desi-patsfan said:
i'm sorry i read until great boomer and then my brain exploded.

HEY, no bashin boomer. We're focusing on Kiper and Irvin, keep your head together now.

to be honest, as much as I dislike him, I give him a pass for thr "It's clear the Jets have no idea what the draft is all about" comment :)

I think Kiper borrowed Steve Van Zants' wig this year.

Oh quit complaining he is a draft "expert" thats what he does. The only reason people have a problem with him is because he is the most popular known. So get over it.

Mosi Moose said:
to be honest, as much as I dislike him, I give him a pass for thr "It's clear the Jets have no idea what the draft is all about" comment :)

Yes, I must agree. That was a great comment. However, everytime a team makes a HARDCORE non-Kiper pick, we get the same reaction from him. Thats why this team is always at the second pick or always has the first. Needs some fresh new material. Maybe he can hire someone to write a script for him. I vote for larry the cable guy. I can already see it everytime the Pats pick. Man, that Belichick, he sure knows how to getter done! HAHHAHAHAHA! Sorry, I know that wasnt funny. Lack of sleep......:bricks:

Remix 6 said:
lol I watched when Colts took that LB in '94 and then Polian says "who is Mel Kiper anyways. He predicts what each team is going to pick and when they pick the need he always complains." or something like that and said my neighbor whos a postman has just as much credibility to make a prediction and he doesnt even have season tickets to watch football

No biggie but it was Bill Tobin that said it. Even if I wasn't a Colts fan, that would still be one of my favorite draft day moments.

patsfan2113 said:
Oh quit complaining he is a draft "expert" thats what he does. The only reason people have a problem with him is because he is the most popular known. So get over it.

I think Kiper is OK. That said, I think his job is pretty enjoyable and not very difficult if you know how to evaluate (which I assume he does).

Irvin on the other hand....don't even get me started. I was hoping he would get the boot when he got caught with his friend's coke a while a back. I will watch ESPN just not to hear him.

And if Trev Alberts had not gotten hurt (that was the pick the Colts made) then I think he would have been way better than Trent Dilfer. Dilfer didn't even become a winning quarterback until he went to Baltimore.

Last edited:
I don't know what your problem. If you don't want draft analysis, don't watch the draft.

Kiper is the best analyst out there.

Who do you like better than Kiper? Who is more knowledgable? Who do you want to have covering the draft for ESPN?

Kiper is my choice. I jsut can't watch ESPN because of Irvin. ESPN should have gotten COry CHavous

holyredeemer said:
Alright boys and gals. It's officially draft day, and you know what that means. MEL KIPER and his horrendous hairdo. So, with that being said. I want everyone to participate and post about what they hate most about Kiper.
I would say the biggest thing that I hate about Kiper, is those snippet sections of old drafts where Kiper sounds off about a team and it's draft pick, then we have to listen to the G.M. of said team, ***** and moan about "who the hell is Mel Kiper anyways?" It's the same snippets every year, and they are driving me crazy. C'mon ESPN....you can't come up with something new or different? Oh, let's also not forget to bash Michael Irvin. The guy just can't shut up and let anyone else talk. The crew they assemble totally take away from the great boomer. Heck, I would be happy if he just did the draft himself with a few war room correspondents. So, let's go people...sound off!

Is that you Boomer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye