Welcome to PatsFans.com

They're "Pledging Allegience" to Obama???

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

What the hell is this?? Are we talking about Zimbabwe?? This notion that we need a "messianic" political figure to save us from ourselves ... :wha: Instead of teaching American history in the public schools, they teach that China, South Africa, and Venezuela are "just as good" a way to do government as the U.S. of A. America's public schools have been hijacked.

YouTube - Obama Youth - Junior Fraternity Regiment

Very troubling sign of what happens with tax-payers' money. This is wrong.

//
  2. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

It's definitely getting creepy :eek:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
  3. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +292 / 6 / -8

Oh my GODDDD... a politician is shaking peoples' hands... and HITLER shook peoples' hands!

Get a clue, Michael. Shaking peoples' hands is not what was creepy about Hitler (at least, not to me.)

PFnV
  4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Dear hysterical folks, this was posted last week and in subsequent discussion it was revealed that this done prior to the nomination, I believe even last year, and has little do with what is going on right now.. keep reposting it over and over and over again and if you do it will become more believable..
  5. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

Far scarier is the blind allegiance to Bush that led to the deaths of 4000 American troops in Iraq. The blind allegiance of the Republicans is not different than the blind allegiance of the kids in the video, except that the kids are black.
  6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

This video was funny too. It was one of the ones on the bottom right.

YouTube - Fuhrer Obama Hitler Youth - Sing for Change
  7. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +152 / 1 / -10

Anyone who seriously tries to ling Obama to Hitler has some serious emotional issues....sorry Michael, but it's true.

That isn't something you do casually to make a statement in this country.

By the way, I attended an Obama rally on a hillside and they ran out of food...suddenly & magically, loaves of bread and plates of fish appeared everywhere!:D
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2008
  8. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

So, forming the "Obama Youth Brigades" last year, before the nomination makes it all "OK", peachy fine, and even "cool" in your mind?? Nothing strange or untoward or even totally unprecedented about a political candidate in America with his own military youth brigade, in your opinion???

As I said in the OP, America is not Zimbabwe, South Africa, or Venezuela. Somebody needs to tell Barack Obama. My Spidey Sense tells me that William Ayers, Bernadette Dohrn, Saul Alinsky, and "uncle" Jeremiah won't.

//
  9. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

That's pretty creepy stuff. So often people say, "Pshah, it could never happen in the U.S." But I say, given what they teach in the public schools today -- ask a hundred high school students chosen at random from public schools in America -- who George Washington, John Adams, and James Madison are. Or Abe Lincoln. Or the capitals of the States. Or why the Americans fought the British in the Revolution; why there was the Civil War. The left-wing teachers' unions don't want to teach those subjects because it doesn't fit their agenda. The "Obama Youth Brigades" is the result.

//
  10. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Watch McZombie get it backwards and start shaking babies and kissing hands :rolleyes:
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2008
  11. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Yeah, ya betta send McCain some copies of Machiavelli, Karl Marx, Lenin, Mein Kampf, and Mao. He's gotta get up to speed.

:rolleyes:

//
  12. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Are you saying this is .....is like Cult Worship. Well you should know.
  13. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Keep hanging on to your beliefs, he did not form these brigade(s).. not sure where the plural comes from.. they were formed by others, not evidence he sanctioned them or endorsed them..

Guess you would be an expert in recognizing cults, oh wait a minute.. if you are in a cult, do you know it??.. do you recognize it?? I hardly think with your history you should be commenting..
  14. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I'm saying this Obama mania is a cult of personality, yes, most definitely. All the earmarks are there (sorry about the "ear" part, Barack): the notion that the individual cannot solve his or her own life problems, must have the "all-powerful" government do it for them; the rise of the celebrity "rock star" persona; the coalescing of people to focus on one charismatic "leader" to "solve all the problems of the world" -- it's all there in this Obama "mytique" (ask Gwen Ifill, first of thousands of groupie writers to come, and Chris Matthews of the "tingling leg").

The Unification Church movement is completely different: yes, we are founded by a charismatic leader, but he is much, much more than that -- he actually knows God most intimately and has lived his entire life in total service to God's will. Rev. Moon has demonstrated how a person can succeed in living the right way without the help of any government; because he knows that taking personal responsibility is what attracts God's assistance, the best possible help a person can get. God cannot but help those who help themselves and others around them.

Rev. Moon does not smoke, does not drink, does not use drugs, and does not have any love relations that are not for the sake of creating God's ideal of the family -- all because Rev. Moon knows what pleases God and what does not, and he ALWAYS chooses to live for God first, then next loving his fellow humankind the same as he loves himself. This is what Jesus lived and taught, too.

So, big difference between Obama and Rev. Moon. The first is a flashy imitation, the second is the real article. One is built for show for today, the other is built to endure forever. Obama came out of no where a year ago; Rev. Moon has been laboring in the fields of life since 1935, with a life-long record that is unimpeachable.
    Rev. Sun Myung Moon Official Website

//
  15. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Thank you Lenny Kravitz for your informed and intelligent thread.. note there is no denial that you are in a cult.. very interesting, the truth will make you free.

While we are on the topic, let me ask you a serious question.. What would Jesus do?? Would he attack things blindly based on one person's political affiliation and that affiliations talking points?? Or would he feel the responsibility to explore both sides and try to come up with the truth?? Would he just attack and attack without trying to be informed?? Let me remind you once again of the tenets of your faith..

About Unification Church Tradition

That is why I really believe that you use this board and its anonymity to portray a radical right winger, to release all the tension created by the mandates of your church.. this is a great tenet, why don't you live it.
  16. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Lenny Kravitz??? Sorry, that's too obscure a reference for me. I'm not "elite" enough, I guess. Kravitz is a singer who likes NASCAR; that's all I know about him.

As to the "cult" label, that's not for me to decide. Jesus and his followers were dismissively called the "sect (cult) of the Nazarene", so I do not get bent out of shape when people refer to my faith as a "cult or sect". Puts me in good company, I always say.

As to what Jesus would do, now that is a good question, goes in a good direction. I'd say he would do whatever he could with whatever he had at his disposal to lift people up in spirit and in mind to see where God's Kingdom was. And since he said God's Kingdom is within us, we need to free ourselves of the worldly disinformation about us so we can see the Kingdom.

Jesus gave words to eternal life whenever he spoke, and many were blessed by meeting and hearing him. He also had to call out the money-changers, the false prophets of the scribes, the pharisees, those in power who were misleading the people, leading them away from God's Kingdom. So, he at times had to speak harshly. But he always did whatever he did with love for the persons he chastised, as much love as when he healed the sick.

So, be of good faith and courage and we shall see the Kingdom. With effort we will also dwell in God and He in us forever, uniting both the physical and the eternal world into one. That's my goal in life.

//
  17. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +292 / 6 / -8

I won't bother telling you, Fog, that the prophets of the Saducees ("Scribes") and Pharisees were the prophets of the Jewish Bible, and that by labeling them "false", he labels figures beloved by Christian tradition "false." Nor shall I advise him to go talk to a muckety-muck in his own church to get his drivel internally consistent.

Rather, I will remind him there is a religion forum next door, where he can pontificate to his heart's content on Moonie ideology.

Thanks,

PFnV
  18. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Yeah, sure thing, PFnV. Now, about your claim above that when Jesus called out those false leaders of Israel, including some (but not all) of the scribes, pharisees, and, yes, sadducees -- how can you call those that Jesus called out as "false" as somehow "beloved" by the followers of Christ???

Doesn't make sense.

//
  19. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +152 / 1 / -10

Thankfully, in the United States of America, religion has nothing to do with politics. Atheists are equal to those who believe in "some" higher power in this country and that is one of the things that makes it a great system.

Someone told me that they followed a bright star 47 years ago and it led them to a child named Barak.:D
  20. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +292 / 6 / -8