Welcome to PatsFans.com

They're back..U.S. Commandos’ New Landlord in Afghanistan: Blackwater

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Dec 6, 2012.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

The company formerly known as Blackwater, Xe and now know as Academi(guess that sounds more intelligent) just won a no bid contract for a base to house special forces in Afghanistan..

A reasonable person might think that we should disavow ourselves with these mercenaries... however, guess not. Perhaps in the world of the military and bloated defense budget, 22 Million is chump change..

U.S. Commandos' New Landlord in Afghanistan: Blackwater | Danger Room | Wired.com

2. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +149 / 1 / -9

You should send an angry, nasty letter to your president then.
  3. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Perhaps, are no bid contracts ok with you?? Is giving millions to a company who has been involved with many alleged violations ok with you??

Maybe it does not meet the faux outrage meter for you, after all they are not teachers...
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

It's Bush's Fault, Obama loves the "Bush Policys" he hasn't changed a one of them.

Letter From GW Bush To The White House:
    Dear Barack,
    Thank you so much for keeping my dreams and my wars alive, you are doing a wonderful job, both Laura and I are so pleased that you were re-elected.
    We Love You
    George and Laura (Merry Christmas)
  5. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

You conveniently left out, "Why the f... did you get out of Iraq??" The Iraq Crusade was not completed, onward Christian Soldiers Marching as to war.. but my Daddy and Richard were happy.
  6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

Bush knew we weren't going to be there forever, Bush got rid of Saddam The Savage,.

Now let the Iraqi's kill each other who gives a shlt.
  7. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

8. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

9. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +149 / 1 / -9

Our entire military spending and strategy issue upsets me.

It's just harder to point our fingers at the exact issue because our media never seems to cover military waste the way they do gov't spending waste.

Our entire system is headed for a cliff based upon the post from B5.

What baffles my mind is why our elected officials EVER thought it was ok to get us into this situation (Deficit). It wasn't ok the first time it happened and it's not ok today.

Right now, we should be spending more than we collect...but we are and we will continue to do so. Our gov't has been living way beyond the means of our citizens.

Why?

Because it's what got them re-elected. So shame on all of us.

Besides, who wants a European-style government? Heck, even the Europeans are realizing they don't want a system like theirs either!

At least now we all know communism can never work!
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  10. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

We're hosed PR. The only thing that will correct the problem, is an outright, Greek like collapse. I'm convinced of it. No one (or too few) in politics, in the public, or in the media are either willing, or competent enough to make the painfull cuts that need to take place.
  11. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +476 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

Our other choices were Romney and Ron Paul ... both ditto and ditto on the same old boss military routine.
  12. Hamar

Hamar Rookie

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0

We got fooled? I admit to being fooled into believing and voting for Obama the first time round, this time, not me.

I love how all the posts of no bid contracts when Bush was President firmly pointed the finger at Bush/Cheney, and yet no mention of Obama now... In fact Obama started handing out no bid contracts way before now and the person/people that always called Bush on that were mostly silent and when they did post they never mention Obama.
  13. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

You can read whatever you want into this, but my read is that the CIC is ultimately responsible for continuing this culture...

What is interesting is that throughout this whole budget bullshyt discussion, there is very little discussion about reductions in military spending.. everything else is on the table except for the white elephant that consumes about 60% of our federal budget.. the War Profiteers are very happy.

Military Madness has ruined our country...
  14. 1960Pats

1960Pats Rookie

Ratings:
    +61 / 5 / -13

#75 Jersey

It's the same for our response to hurricanes, the housing crash, gas prices and the death toll of our soldiers. It's ALWAYS the fault of someone else, even when it isn't. Sorry, but since it works so well it will never end.
  15. Nunchucks

Nunchucks Rookie

Ratings:
    +147 / 7 / -7

I hate that private contractors are making boatloads of money doing the same job as our much less expensive military. I hate that there are no bid contracts.

Would that have changed with a President Romney?

I don't think so, some things we have to live with, for now.
  16. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +149 / 1 / -9

No matter what changes we need to make, we could never do it all at once. It has to be a process and if we're going to do it, we better make sure we're doing it right the first time.

We won't get any "do-overs" on this deal.

What scares the poop outta me is that our federal gov't isn't the only part of our gov't that's screwed up. Most states and towns face similar futures.

But we sure as heck can't afford to have them all increase taxes.

When you think about how much our money is taxed, it's frightening. First, my income is taxed before I even get it. Then, when I spend it, it's taxed again. I have to pay my property taxes with money that's already been taxed. And I have to pay property tax as long as I live in my house even if it's paid off! Many people end up paying hundreds of thousands.
  17. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +285 / 5 / -8

Interesting that the original link seems to have written around the date that the contract was let. Maybe I missed it? Can the OP post the date the contract was let? I do see that it runs through 2015, held out by the author of the article as "perhaps" coinciding with the U.S. withdrawal plan... but after skimming a couple of times, I still didn't catch what date the contract was awarded.

Did anybody else find that?

PFnV