Status
Not open for further replies.

Ring 6

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Tomorrow is going to be excruciating. I am trying to find distractions to make the day go by. My best distraction will be:

THE SUPER BOWL XLII SHRINE.

For SB XXXIX my son (6 at the time) and I built the SB Shrine. We located 39 Patriot items (anything Patriot related, clothing footballs, pictures, etc) and built it into a shrine.
My son has been saying since about week 8 "we need to make sure we have 42 Patriot things" and at least once a day lately finds some Patriot related item around and tells me "this will help for the shrine".
Originally, I thought we would start construction on the shrine after the AFCC, but I put it off, thinking it would be the perfect game day distraction while waiting around for 6:18. (Its kind of like going out, getting the Christmas tree and decorating it).

By the way, I've realized we will have no problem getting to the required 42 items, and probably wouldnt have to buy another to have enough for 20 SBs from now.

It's going to be awful for sure. They should play it on Saturday so everyone (winning fans, losing fans, drinking fans) have a chance to recover by Monday morning. With the off week, losing a day would be irrelevant.

It's going to be awful for sure. They should play it on Saturday so everyone (winning fans, losing fans, drinking fans) have a chance to recover by Monday morning. With the off week, losing a day would be irrelevant.

I took a vacation day on Monday.

Tell me about it. I'm in Europe for the year, the game starts at 11:30 PM here (and I'm heading to the bar around 5 PM to get loaded and have dinner... they're playing the Rangers-Habs game at 7, enough to tide me over until kickoff). Meaning it won't be over until 4ish AM. I have a flight to catch to Prague at 7 AM. Good luck to me!

I took a vacation day on Monday.
Not sure what I'll do if we lose :(

I have some celebratory treats I'm taking in to work on Monday, though; no other Patriots fans but I'm going to make those people celebrate with me.

Not sure what I'll do if we lose :(

I have some celebratory treats I'm taking in to work on Monday, though; no other Patriots fans but I'm going to make those people celebrate with me.

You dont have to worry about that.

My day off will be spent watching the Monday interviews, and rewatching the game at least twice. I think the media coverage on Monday is going to be immense, because this is history.
I also envision being up until at least 1 or 2 AM watching all of the post game stuff.
I've become pretty addicted to the post game interviews and wrap ups on ESPN News and the NFL Network.

Since they are making me wait until 6:18 for the game, I need to extend it to at least a 24 hour event!!!!

that would be a 1,30 p.m. game here

i would love it !!!

but...the game will start here monday at 00,30...sigh...

ive been through all pregame articles, previews, interviews that i can take, its the 26 more hours till kick off, man i cant wait, making it on a saturday would be a good idea, since people have chance to recover, and have less time to wait for the game itself,

Since they are making me wait until 6:18 for the game, I need to extend it to at least a 24 hour event!!!!
Definitely have to soak it in. That's one advantage to being in CA. Game should be over for me at 7:30 or so which gives me 4-5 hours to drink the champagne and watch the various interview/wrapup shows. A short night from 12-5 (I get to work at 5:40am) then Monday Night of wrapup shows followed by taking part of Tuesday off to watch the parade (I assume it's on Tuesday and covered by FSNE as usual) before the networks move to basketball and put us in the history books.

Then the fun of ordering too much memorabilia and waiting for the 19 Games to Perfection DVD set :rocker:

I second the suckfest that is Europe on Superbowl sunday. the game starts at midnight and I will be dragging when i have to wake up at 7 am on monday morning. not to mention that my sunday of pre-game worrying and stressing goes on for that much longer. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back