PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

They never learn - How Bout Those Bills

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange I know but my second favourite team if there is such a thing is the Bills.

Would love for Jackson and Johnson to wear blue and silver.

Yep.

If they can knock off the Jets in W1 (big if) that would be a great start. I expect a W in the home opener vs KC, and a W @ CLE. If they can split with NE and split out west with ARI/SF (back to back weeks and they've already said they'll stay out there to reduce travel fatigue) they should be in good shape. A loss to HOU and a W vs TEN @ home would put them at 5-4.

Not unreasonable. Not a given by any stretch, but not out of the question either.

Kansas City should be a much better team than either Buffalo or New York. Don't go penciling that one in.

Last edited:
Kansas City should be a much better team than either Buffalo or New York. Don't go penciling that one in.

Everyone has their own opinion. I happen to disagree with you on this particular point.

I love the way the Bills match up with KC and expect them to win convincingly in their home opener. Way more concerened about the W1 match up vs NYJ. They kicked our ass last year and it sucked.

Yep.

If they can knock off the Jets in W1 (big if) that would be a great start. I expect a W in the home opener vs KC, and a W @ CLE. If they can split with NE and split out west with ARI/SF (back to back weeks and they've already said they'll stay out there to reduce travel fatigue) they should be in good shape. A loss to HOU and a W vs TEN @ home would put them at 5-4.

Not unreasonable. Not a given by any stretch, but not out of the question either.

Expecting to split with NE after getting the 1st win in 10 years, split out West, beat the Jets, KC, and Tenn all teams that were better than you last year really is the best possible scenario, not a reasonable one.

Everyone has their own opinion. I happen to disagree with you on this particular point.

I love the way the Bills match up with KC and expect them to win convincingly in their home opener.

Please... break down your take for me. I'm interested, because I see the Chiefs as a very good team if the injured players from last year all return healthy. As of now, I've got the Chiefs winning the AFCW.

Last edited:
Expecting to split with NE after getting the 1st win in 10 years, split out West, beat the Jets, KC, and Tenn all teams that were better than you last year really is the best possible scenario, not a reasonable one.

The Bills put up 55 pts on NE last year. Arizona is not a juggernaught and certainly can be had. The Bills blew KC out of the water last year. They lost to Tenn on a called back Spiller TD for a phantom holding call.

I don't think beating ARI, TENN, KC, and splitting with NE is best possible scenario. IMO that's a reasonable expectation. It may not break that way, but it's certainly there for the taking.

The Bills put up 55 pts on NE last year. Arizona is not a juggernaught and certainly can be had. The Bills blew KC out of the water last year. They lost to Tenn on a called back Spiller TD for a phantom holding call.

I don't think beating ARI, TENN, KC, and splitting with NE is best possible scenario. IMO that's a reasonable expectation. It may not break that way, but it's certainly there for the taking.

We will disagree that your idea of beating 4 teams that are better than you is reasonable.

I think they are a few years away to be a contender but as long as they move up and get a QB, Fitz is not the answer. They have lots of good players, besides every team thinks they are great after the draft, and there is no way they are worst than the jets.

Please... break down your take for me. I'm interested, because I see the Chiefs as a very good team if the injured players from last year all return healthy. As of now, I've got the Chiefs winning the AFCW.

Sure thing.

Keep in mind that it's April, but looking quickly JC shouldn't get much inside as KW and MD are superior to Lilja/Hudson/Asamoah. JC will pose some probs outside but expect those to be limited once the inside is closed off. Bowe/Breaston are solid but play right into what the Bills like to do on D and size should not be a issue anymore with two fast physical corners over 6'. moeki and Boss are solid but one of them will have to stay in a chip unless KC thinks Albert and Winston can handle Williams/Kelsay/Anderson 1 on 1. I don't think either of those tackles can do that.

On D, the Bills should be able to run down KCs throat with Spiller and Fred, which should help either Hairston or Glenn limit Hali's damage. Berry is nasty and should limit Campbell and Nelson over the middle, but KC does not have the horses to stop Spiller and Jackson, which should get SJ13 in some 1 on 1's with Routt (advantage Bills).

Poe is a nice addition, but with Wood healthy he should not a be a factor. The Bills should be able to run on KC at will if they can get a hat on Derrick Johnson. It's a matchup that favors Buffalo.

The ones you listed.

LOL. Like I said, everyone has their own opinion, and that's cool. Anything can happen. It'll be interesting see how the season plays out. Let's not look forward to it too much however, there is a beautiful summer to enjoy first! :)

Last edited:
Sure thing.

Keep in mind that it's April, but looking quickly JC shouldn't get much inside as KW and MD are superior to Lilja/Hudson/Asamoah. JC will pose some probs outside but expect those to be limited once the inside is closed off. Bowe/Breaston are solid but play right into what the Bills like to do on D and size should not be a issue anymore with two fast physical corners over 6'. moeki and Boss are solid but one of them will have to stay in a chip unless KC thinks Albert and Winston can handle Williams/Kelsay/Anderson 1 on 1. I don't think either of those tackles can do that.

On D, the Bills should be able to run down KCs throat with Spiller and Fred, which should help either Hairston or Glenn limit Hali's damage. Berry is nasty and should limit Campbell and Nelson over the middle, but KC does not have the horses to stop Spiller and Jackson, which should get SJ13 in some 1 on 1's with Routt (advantage Bills).

Poe is a nice addition, but with Wood healthy he should not a be a factor. The Bills should be able to run on KC at will if they can get a hat on Derrick Johnson. It's a matchup that favors Buffalo.

Ok, so your evaluation is based upon best case scenario for the Bills and worst case scenario for the Chiefs.

Last edited:
Ok, so your evaluation is based upon best case scenario for the Bills and worst case scenario for the Chiefs.

Nah, it's based on physical superiority.

I'm certainly no expert, but I think it's pretty obvious that the matchups I highlighted favor Buffalo.

Honestly, it does not matter right now anyway. It's April. Who know what will happen. I just feel the Bills are better than KC. You feel differently. I respect your opinion. It's cool.

Last edited:
Nah, it's based on physical superiority.

I'm certainly no expert, but I think it's pretty obvious that the matchups I highlighted favor Buffalo.

Honestly, it does not matter right now anyway. It's April. Who know what will happen. I just feel the Bills are better than KC. You feel differently. I respect your opinion. It's cool.

Dude, you had Williams shutting down both the inside and outside against a lightning fast RB like Charles. Come on now, that's all about best case for Buff/worst case for KC.

Could Buffalo win? Sure, but K.C. went 7-9 despite losing their best Defensive player (Berry), best offensive player (Charles), and best TE (Moeaki) early on in the season, and starting QB (Cassel) during game 9. They had Tyler Palko start 4 games, for goodness' sakes. Buffalo, on the other hand, ended up 6-10 despite a clearly overachieving start to their season. They lost 8 of their last 9.

OL - KC
WR - KC
TE - KC
RB - KC
QB - depends on what year's Cassel we get

DB - KC
LB - KC
DL - Buff

I thought you were going to go with the idea of Cassel not rebounding from his 2011 play. I could have seen that a lot more easily than I can see a NT shutting down Jamaal Charles' runs both up the gut and outside the tackles.

Anyway, as you say, it's just April.

Last edited:
Dude, you had Williams shutting down both the inside and outside against a lightning fast RB like Charles.

I made no mention whatsoever of KW stopping JC on the edge. I simply said MD and KW are better than KC's interior OL, which should limit JC inside. if you want to say otherwise, that's cool, but i doubt anyone will agree. MD and KW are an elite pair of DTs.

Sure, but K.C. went 7-9 despite losing their best Defensive player (Berry), best offensive player (Charles), and best TE (Moeaki) early on in the season, and starting QB (Cassel) during game 9. They had Tyler Palko start 4 games, for goodness' sakes. Buffalo, on the other hand, ended up 6-10 despite a clearly overachieving start to their season. They lost 8 of their last 9.

So what you are saying is KC won one more game than BUF last year and had FAR fewer injuries?

Injuries dude? Really? To a Bills fan?

I kept them out of the convo b/c IMO that's life in the NFL but since you brought it up I DARE YOU to make a case that KC's injuries were more damaging than's BUF's in 2011.

I'm waiting.

OL - KC
WR - KC
TE - KC
RB - KC
QB - depends on what year's Cassel we get

DB - KC
LB - KC
DL - Buff

Unless you think OLs match up vs OLs this logic is totally flawed. Even if KC does have a better OL than BUF, it doesnt matter b/c OLs face DLs and so on.

However, to play your flawed matchup game, you are gonna tell me KC's RBs are better than Buffalo's with a straight face?

I could have seen that a lot more easily than I can see a NT shutting down Jamaal Charles' runs both up the gut and outside the tackles.

First of all, the Bills don't have a NT. Second of all, I made no mention of their interior DTs setting the outside edge. Nor did I say "shut down", I said "limit". Huge difference, esp when referring to an elite player.

Last edited:
Last year when KC got steamrolled by Buffalo the Chiefs had a ****ty headcoach who didn't even teach the playbook because he thought conditioning would win games. Oh and the Chiefs didn't have Berry, Charles, or Moeaki.

Gailey is a great offensive mind but the Chiefs have arguably the best defensive mind in football in Romeo Crennel and a defense that is just loaded in talent. Athletically the Bills are just outmatched. The only person that will be capable of making plays against that D is Stevie Johnson due to his savvy route running.

The next issue the Bills face is that you are this years Philadelphia Eagles, and I don't mean that because you won free agency. I mean that because your LBs are garbage and a run-first team like KC is going to trounce all over you. For how great K. Williams, M. Williams, Dareus, and Anderson are, they all are below average against the run except for maybe Mario Williams. I look forward to the "Oh ****!" facial expressions on Wilson and Byrd as Peyton Hillis comes full steam right at them.

The Bills built their D for "finesse" offenses like us, not smash mouth offenses like KC.

Last edited:
I made no mention whatsoever of KW stopping JC on the edge. I simply said MD and KW are better than KC's interior OL, which should limit JC inside. if you want to say otherwise, that's cool, but i doubt anyone will agree. MD and KW are an elite pair of DTs.

So what you are saying is KC won one more game than BUF last year and had FAR fewer injuries?

Injuries dude? Really? To a Bills fan?

I kept them out of the convo b/c IMO that's life in the NFL but since you brought it up I DARE YOU to make a case that KC's injuries were more damaging than's BUF's in 2011.

I'm waiting.

Unless you think OLs match up vs OLs this logic is totally flawed. Even if KC does have a better OL than BUF, it doesnt matter b/c OLs face DLs and so on.

However, to play your flawed matchup game, you are gonna tell me KC's RBs are better than Buffalo's with a straight face?

First of all, the Bills don't have a NT. Second of all, I made no mention of their interior DTs setting the outside edge. Nor did I say "shut down", I said "limit". Huge difference, esp when referring to an elite player.

You must not know much about the Bills because both KW and MD are Nose Guards and they both played NT in your 3-4 last year. I know you've switched to a 4-3 this year but one of them will be playing the NG DT position.

I would say KC and BUF's injuries were about a wash. The difference is KC lost almost all of their players at once where as Buffalo lost theirs through out the season.

Last edited:
The Bills put up 55 pts on NE last year.

New England nearly put up 55 in one game against Buffalo and lost the first game by 3 points after giving up the ball 4+ times. Buffalo never truly put away a game that New England won for them. I'm not big on excuses, but Buffalo is not at the point yet where you can realistically expect to split with us on a yearly basis.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye