Status
Not open for further replies.
Better than the Jets in th AFC:
Patriots, Steelers, Ravens, Bengals, Houston, Chiefs, Chargers, Broncos

in the same group as the Jets
Raiders, Titans, Bills

Worse than the Jets
Fins, Browns, Colts, Jags

That puts them anywhere from 9th to 12th best in the Conference.
Last years 8-8 will be a real struggle for them to repeat. 6-10 seems more likely.

I like this. Ranking the "same group as the Jets": 1) Titans, 2) Bills, 3) Jets, 4) Raiders.

I could see them winning the WC, the Jets have huge bust potential everywhere

you need an elite QB to beat the Pats though and the Bills don't have it, simple as that.

....and...with the much improved front 7...it could take more than an elite QB to beat the Patriots.

Put Hightower or Jones on the field for that last drive and odds are one of them makes a play.

I'll believe it when I see it. Over the last 15 years Bills fans have made more noise about how much they've improved than any fanbase outside of Washington. And they never improve.

Signing Mario Williams sure seems to cover a lot of holes.

I realized i still don't know what the bills fans said to start this thread, theres no link.

Last edited:
Fitzgerald hasn't proven he's capable of playing QB at a high level for a prolonged period of time (and realistically, they do lean heavily on Jackson). Until that occurs, the Patriots will remain comfortably a top the division. That said, I do like the moves they have made on defense.

they beat us last year, so they are capable of winning against good teams. i think they could go 10-6 next year and contend for a wildcard spot. don't want to see them in the playoffs since they are a division rival.

People saying that the only reason the Bills have had a good off-season is the signing of Mario Williams are just plain ignorant and blinded by their own arrogance.

The Bills had a very good D-line before they added Williams and Anderson. Kyle Williams is a better NT than anything they've ever had in Houston.

They actually have more talent coming off the IR than the Pats. Guys like Kyle Williams, Terrence McGee, Rian Lindell.

Now, that being said, where the Bills are falling short is on offense. For the 2nd time in 4 years, they've lost their LT. Cordy Glenn is not a LT in the NFL. Neither is Zebrie Sanders. So this is an area of huge concern for the Bills. Though, they may get helped out by those imbeciles down in Miami who are talking about letting Jake Long walk.

The Bills should scare us fans. The Pats have improved, but so have the Bills. Fitzpatrick is a better version of Trent Dilfer, in all honesty.

On the topic of the team I fear the most, I'd say it's the Broncos.

With a healthy Manning there, that team will have a huge homefield advantage. With the way Manning runs the hurry-up offense and the thin air, teams will be gassed more than ever before in the second half. You can practically spot them a 7-1 record at home.

The Bills seem to Believe they are now the team to beat in the east with their Solid draft.
We took their best pass rusher.... Anderson is playing for us now and they have a rookie.

Every single member on our DL is better than theirs, not to mention both of our safeties are better

It's April.

Our neighbors can deal with their own problems. Let's just worry about our own house and make sure Brady doesn't have to retire with his final SB win ten years before his last game as a Patriot.

It's April.

I hope the Bills have improved. I'd like there to be a team that could knock the Jets down to #3 in the Division.

And, did I mention that it's April?

Last edited:
The Bills have this as their early schedule:

Sep 09
1:00 PM ET
at Jets
Sep 16
Chiefs
Sep 23
at Browns
Sep 30
Patriots
Oct 07
4:15 PM ET
at 49ers
Oct 14
4:05 PM ET
at Cardinals
Oct 21
Titans

With a healthy Manning there, that team will have a huge homefield advantage. With the way Manning runs the hurry-up offense and the thin air, teams will be gassed more than ever before in the second half. You can practically spot them a 7-1 record at home.

Well, that's assuming that Demetrius Thomas actually learns to run routes.. Eric Decker can run them. They are also looking for someone other than Stokely to control the slot. Manning does have a good TE in Tamme and will have something he's not had since Edgerrin James. A damn good RB in McGahee.

I don't even have the Broncos winning their division as of right now. The Chiefs are more dangerous than the Broncos right now, IMO.

Last edited:
The Bills have had a good offseason.

Not as good as the Eagles did last year but good nonetheless.

I'm confident they'll follow Philly's lead.

People saying that the only reason the Bills have had a good off-season is the signing of Mario Williams are just plain ignorant and blinded by their own arrogance.

The Bills had a very good D-line before they added Williams and Anderson. Kyle Williams is a better NT than anything they've ever had in Houston.

They actually have more talent coming off the IR than the Pats. Guys like Kyle Williams, Terrence McGee, Rian Lindell.

Now, that being said, where the Bills are falling short is on offense. For the 2nd time in 4 years, they've lost their LT. Cordy Glenn is not a LT in the NFL. Neither is Zebrie Sanders. So this is an area of huge concern for the Bills. Though, they may get helped out by those imbeciles down in Miami who are talking about letting Jake Long walk.

The Bills should scare us fans. The Pats have improved, but so have the Bills. Fitzpatrick is a better version of Trent Dilfer, in all honesty.

Wait, you just said anyone who thinks Mario Williams is the main reason the Bills had a good offseason is ignorant and arrogant (nice job insulting and demeaning people AGAIN btw) and went on to list zero other significant moves and diss some of their draft picks.
What exactly are you trying to say here?

That is assuming Manning is anything close to the player he was before getting 2 years older, missing a full season, going to a new system with all new weapons, and still not fully recovered from an injury that affects his throws.
I am not anywhere near close to believing that is the case.

Cowherd said it Friday afternoon on the radio,I was listening to it while coming back from some errands.

Cowherd is notorious for using the same teams/players as examples of completely different things to make the point, he created and is looking for proof to back up.
I've seen him do this before, using a teams potential as the reason to do what they do, and lack of success to avoid what they do, within a week. This time I guess its within 24 hours.

As long as they beat the jets in the opener , it will be good. Should a fun week after in NYJ if that happens.

Bills had a good draft in that they still got good value on need in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. But lets be honest, they have absolutely nothing at LB and it's going to take a few years for that defense to gel in general. I'm also not afraid of their offense after we have a years worth of tape on it... even though they will change it a little bit I'm sure.

Broncos scare me, how could they not? I don't know whether Manning will be Manning but if he is, they have some good receivers and a defense that is probably better than anything Polian fielded in the last few years.

Broncos scare me, how could they not? I don't know whether Manning will be Manning but if he is, they have some good receivers and a defense that is probably better than anything Polian fielded in the last few years.

The defense fell apart at the end of the season.
This is a team that was 1-4, went 7-1 becuase of good D and a running game ande fluky close game wins vs weak teams, then went 1-4.
The D played well for half a season, but is hardly a great D. The running game that kept them competitive is being abandoned, and the QB is a huge question mark due to health, inacitvity, and a lack of weapons. I don't know where you see good WRs.
They will be lucky to match last years 8-8.

The defense fell apart at the end of the season.
This is a team that was 1-4, went 7-1 becuase of good D and a running game ande fluky close game wins vs weak teams, then went 1-4.
The D played well for half a season, but is hardly a great D. The running game that kept them competitive is being abandoned, and the QB is a huge question mark due to health, inacitvity, and a lack of weapons. I don't know where you see good WRs.
They will be lucky to match last years 8-8.

I don't think it's a "great D" I think it's a better D than what Indy has had. I think Decker is a very good receiver, Manning has shown he can connect with Tamme and Thomas has potential which I trust a healthy Manning to bring out, since he's been pretty good at that over the years. They will have an adequate running game which is a moot point if Manning is Manning. Obviously though Manning's health is a question, but nobody can be sure he won't be what he normally is and if he is they are instantly a threat to the Pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back