PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

They never learn - How Bout Those Bills

Status
Not open for further replies.
...One other thing: the 'Team A beat Team B, therefore Team A is better than Team B' logic is a bit flawed. Were the Rams better than the Saints because they beat them by ten points last year? Were the Chiefs better than the Packers in 2011 because KC beat GB? No, of course not. I wouldn't place much emphasis on Game One of the 2011 season in determining whether the Bills will be better or worse than the Chiefs in 2012.

That's particularly apt in this case, because Haley took a much different approach to the training camp period than other coaches, and it seemed to bite him in the ass, as the Chiefs came out 0-3 to start the season, and failed to avoid injury, which had been what Haley had been striving for.

Bradham will KILL Wes Welker going over the middle, and then you'll be sitting here saying damn, so that's who that guy was talking about..

Love the way the Bills trolls are starting to emulate the Jesters talking smack in April :D

Take baby steps and see if you can come in second place. Then come back and talk smack when it actually has some merit.

Good point, though they're getting A+ marks for this year aren't they? Anyway, they'll need a franchise quarterback before much changes there.
That's why they were coveting Kirk Cousins, who broke all of Michigan State's record books as a QB. He's better than Hoyer.

And the 'Skins nabbed Cousins just before they were to draft him. Google "speech Kirk Cousins" to see sterling character. Pretty inspiring stuff.

Sort of like what we did to Hightower and the Ravens, although they had the consolation of Upshaw.

So how does it fit your argument that Kirk Morrison is good? He is a below average linebacker, average at best. This is why two bad defenses got rid of him and why he couldn't get on the field for another bad defense. "He couldn't figure out the plays" is not a very good indicator of his goodness.

Also, knock if off with the random and childish insults. You are coming to our board to discuss football, not start spats (it should be expected at least), and Deus hasn't insulted you, no need to insult someone's intelligence. Stick to football.

Dumb dumb, Morrison was signed a week before our first game. He wasn't there for training camp. Wasn't there for OTA's. Wasnt there for anything. THAT is why he only had 30 snaps

PS, did you really say "his goodness" ... lmao

Last edited:
Are Bills fans really going to start acting like Jets fans now?

Are Bills fans really going to start acting like Jets fans now?

Both groups are from New York, so I'm sure plenty of Bills fans are as bad as some of the Jets fans. We've have a few of them here, as a matter of fact, and we seem to have one today who's trying to show that Bills fans are every bit as ridiculous as Jets fans.

Both groups are from New York, so I'm sure plenty of Bills fans are as bad as some of the Jets fans. We've have a few of them here, as a matter of fact, and we seem to have one today who's trying to show that Bills fans are every bit as ridiculous as Jets fans.

In fairness, there's a certain new jersey scumminess to jets fans that I don't think Bills fans could ever live up to even if they tried.

why in god's name is Kirk Morrison even being discussed here?????

I live amongst Bills fans and call a bunch of them my fiends.

It's near impossible for me to despise them since I feel sorry for them having to live as Bills fans this last decade worth of mediocrity. I let them know it though, much like I let all my Maple Leaf neighbours that the team they cheer for sucks.

I do think they have a chance to make the playoffs this year though .... the Bills that is.

whambulance.jpg

Very impressive. Every team has injuries. BUT the Bills LED THE LEAGUE in SEASON ENDING injuries. Mankins missing ONE game. Vollmer missing a FEW games...etc is not equivalent to 6 of our starters missing most of the SEASON.

PS, among those who had season ending injuries was our Pro Bowl DT, Pro Bowl Center, and league leading Running Back.

I can't help but mention that at one point during the season, the Patriots were missing their #1, #2, #3, #4 and #5 defensive backs due to injury.

Yes, injuries happen. Teams built with depth somehow find a way to overcome them and succeed. That's the way BB builds the Patriots - with a strong middle class of players. Admittedly, the Patriots didn't have the depth to deal with the kind of injuries that hit their defensive backfield (hence all the yards given up), but they still managed to a great regular season and another trip to the Super Bowl.

Dumb dumb, Morrison was signed a week before our first game. He wasn't there for training camp. Wasn't there for OTA's. Wasnt there for anything. THAT is why he only had 30 snaps

PS, did you really say "his goodness" ... lmao

Oh, I get it, he's so good that nobody signed him the entire offseason, until the mighty/desparate Bills came calling a week before the season. Then he was so good that he couldn't make the rotation of one of the worst linebacking crews in football, on a bad team. Makes a lot of sense. Now I understand why he is a good linebacker, due to all of those good points you have made.

Yes, I said his goodness, I enjoy playing with linguistics. Some may call it styling for the literate. Amusing that you would choose to insult my choice of words in a post where you, likely an adult, refer to another adult as "dumb dumb." Excellent. Also, good choice continuing to name call, always strengthens the point and makes people come around to your side.

We got a lot of trolls from other teams here, as the Patriots are a good team, and trolls are jealous types. Many of them are quite good at it. You are a bad troll. Go practice on a lesser team's board, please. As it is, I've spent enough time on a player who is more likely to be cut than to be an impact player this season.

I can't help but mention that at one point during the season, the Patriots were missing their #1, #2, #3, #4 and #5 defensive backs due to injury.

Yes, injuries happen. Teams built with depth somehow find a way to overcome them and succeed. That's the way BB builds the Patriots - with a strong middle class of players. Admittedly, the Patriots didn't have the depth to deal with the kind of injuries that hit their defensive backfield (hence all the yards given up), but they still managed to a great regular season and another trip to the Super Bowl.

That is pretty crazy, but I think if you asked any coach whether they would want one position decimated or a bunch of positions losing their starters, they would take the one position.

At the very least, you can adjust by blitzing more and making a team run the ball. When you're missing a starter at 7 different positions, it's impossible to adjust.

Oh, I get it, he's so good that nobody signed him the entire offseason, until the mighty/desparate Bills came calling a week before the season. Then he was so good that he couldn't make the rotation of one of the worst linebacking crews in football, on a bad team. Makes a lot of sense. Now I understand why he is a good linebacker, due to all of those good points you have made.

Yes, I said his goodness, I enjoy playing with linguistics. Some may call it styling for the literate. Amusing that you would choose to insult my choice of words in a post where you, likely an adult, refer to another adult as "dumb dumb." Excellent. Also, good choice continuing to name call, always strengthens the point and makes people come around to your side.

We got a lot of trolls from other teams here, as the Patriots are a good team, and trolls are jealous types. Many of them are quite good at it. You are a bad troll. Go practice on a lesser team's board, please. As it is, I've spent enough time on a player who is more likely to be cut than to be an impact player this season.

I never said he was "so good". You made that up yourself.

That is pretty crazy, but I think if you asked any coach whether they would want one position decimated or a bunch of positions losing their starters, they would take the one position.

At the very least, you can adjust by blitzing more and making a team run the ball. When you're missing a starter at 7 different positions, it's impossible to adjust.

The Patriots spent a large (50% or more) chunk of 2011 missing the following players that had been penciled in to be starters prior to the beginning of the season: CB (Dowling), CB (Bodden), S (Chung), S (Barrett), LB (Spikes), LB (Cunningham), DL (Wright), RT (Vollmer), C (Koppen); that's 9 different positions, and doesn't count the RB position where BJGE played injured and was less than 100% for about 3/4 of the year.

Yes, the Bills had a lot of injuries - but if you have quality depth it is indeed possible to overcome that obstacle and remain competitive. In 2012 both teams will again lose starting players to injuries; it is an unfortunate reality in the NFL.

While you can say that the Bills did not win more games in 2011 due to injuries, one can also just as easily make a solid case for the 10-loss season being due to poor depth.

For your sake and that of other Bills fans hopefully the Bills addressed that deficiency heading into the 2012 season; if not, the Bills season will likely once again end in December.

now we've got the possibility of Vince Young walking in there telling everyone how great he and they are.

now we've got the possibility of Vince Young walking in there telling everyone how great he and they are.

The Buffalo Counting Sheep!

Dream Team!
Dream Team!
Dream Team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back