Welcome to PatsFans.com

They Love Their Dictators

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +362 / 1 / -9

Left Wing Liberal Hollywood Democrats:
    They despise wiretapping
    They despise censorship
    They despise torture & cruelty
    They tell us how much they suupport freedom
    They tell us how much they support civil liberties
    They despise Police Brutality
    BUT THEY LOVE DICTATORS

That creepy foul mouthed anti american wife swapping piece of Hollywood Sh!t, Sean Penn is making love to Hugo Chavez this week, why do these rotten bastards in show business Love Dictators?
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070803/ap_en_ce/people_sean_penn_2
  2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

Stay off the Pisano for a little while, Harry, and you might think a little better of us.
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +195 / 7 / -23

Why do you associate him with the Left, could it be that he just does this for the pub?? This lefty does not give a rats ass about Sean Penn and the rest of the hollywood crew.. it is what it is, very rich folks doing crap that generates free publicity.. no one cares except the right wing media.
  4. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +362 / 1 / -9

Do you see any Hypocrisy in what little "foul mouth Penn" is doing?
  5. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I remember reading a book about the hypocrisy of the typical liberal, and this book made a great point about how these moonbats despise anything and everything about the United States, but gladly jump into bed with every single 2-bit murderous/genocidal dictator like Pol Pot, Ahmad-jihad, Chavez, Ho Chi Minh or Castro.
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2007
  6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +362 / 1 / -9

He sure as hell ain't a "rightie", but your right they are nothing but a bunch of "sex crazy" scumbags out there in Hollywood, the Muslims call them "the great satan".
  7. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

Chavez record is very mixed. He's done a lot of good and a lot of bad things, and there is a danger that he'll turn Venezuela into a dictatorship, but that hasn't happened yet. His main accomplishments are helping the poor, improving health care, and restoring land and rights to indigenous people.

You can read both the bad and the good about him here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugo_chavez

It might offset some of the misinformation you're getting from your sources (and yes, it does talk about the problems and dangers he's created, as well as his successes).

As far as Penn meeting with Chavez, I don't know what that was about. If Penn is, for instance, a big supporter of Indian rights, then it's reasonable that he would like Chavez' support for the Venezuelan indigenous people.
  8. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Oh my... a guy who thinks Wikipedia is the Gospel truth, talking about the fallcies of other sources..?!? :rofl: Now I've seen it all..!! :rofl: :rofl:

"Tedy Bruschi, 1973-2007" - Wikipedia.
  9. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Famous Liberal with Dictator Friend:

[​IMG]
  10. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +346 / 6 / -8

The post above this one is right on target.

Gentlemen, the U.S. currently exerts a great deal of influence around the world. Some of our allies have human rights standards or systems of succession and power concentration we would not allow in our own nation. Some of our adversaries, likewise.

I won't go into whether the U.S. is itself an ideal society; that particular argument is just self-defeating, given that I am partisan toward my own country in the first place.

But I will go into the question of whether we, the public, in fact do or do not want dictators running loose in the world.

Remember, you have to say one or the other. Yes or no. Friend or Foe.

Also remember, you have no room to criticize, if you do not also say that we are morally bound to remove all such dictators. Not the ones it is profitable to remove. All of them.

Otherwise, all you are saying is "I HATE ALL DICTATORS AND THE PEOPLE WHO WOULD NOT REMOVE ALL DICTATORS... except the people I like who would not remove all dictators, and the people who would only remove dictators I do not like..."

If your claim is that the Chavez presidency in Venezuela must go, and nobody should ever associate with them, then you have to say the same about the Ibn Saud family. If you say Saddam Hussein is a horrible, genocidal maniac, and anybody who does not affirm your conclusion is a dictator-lover, you have to say the same about the Central American dictators in the 80s and 90s (and I'm sure you could make a case against some today.)

The fact is, we deal with the elites of all nations, on the international stage. Some few of them are representative democracies, and some few of those are not utterly subverted.

We make deals with these other nations to secure favorable trade terms, extraction of natural resources, to cement military alliances, for a whole host of things. And private citizens choose sometimes to embrace representatives of one or another country other than the US. Chavez has, in fact, made a number of overtures of friendship toward Americans, but not through the U.S. government. Would I go and hang out with him? Nahhhh. Is Penn free to do so? Of course. It's not like he's running a "shadow government".

By the way, in the usual laundry list of bad dictatorships someone trotted out above, we have mentioned both Ho (original leader of the Viet Minh who kicked out the French, then of the North Vietnamese and Viet Cong,) and Pol Pot.

After Ho's heirs in Vietnam kicked out U.S. troops, for quite some time we looked at Vietnam as evil commies. We could not imagine having an alliance with those communist dictators.

Meanwhile, Pol Pot (also a communist dictator) was killing 1/4 of his own people.

Who stopped him? The Vietnamese communist dictator next door.

How did Pol rise to power? A pro-western coup deposed the local monarch when the Khmer Rouge was basically a splinter group. The pro-Western guy opened up Cambodia to regional politics -- i.e., partnered with the US to dismantle Cambodian neutrality.

The populace did not like "engagement in regional politics", and began to embrace the Khmer Rouge, which, upon taking power, took the unusual tack of shooting everybody with eyeglasses, and emptying its own country's cities.

Follow the bouncing ball, idealogues of every stripe. We had a monarch, whom we did not like, for reasons of his neutrality. We had a dictator we did like who overthrew the monarch. We had a dictator we did notlike who overthrew the dictator we did like.

Then we had a dictator next door whom we did not like, and who had kicked our ass just recently. We ended up in basic paralysis when the dictator who kicked our ass invaded the dictator who was even worse -- and ended up bitterly protesting the aggression of the country that stopped the auto-genocide in Cambodia.

Gee, the "SCUMBAG DICTATORS!" game is trickier than you thought, huh?

PFnV
  11. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Great post (as usual).
    I especially liked the first sentence. :D Nothing better than people agreeing with me, because I'm insecure and in need of reassurance. Your points about Pol Pot and the Vietnamese is right on. You'll be hearing from foggy very soon, unless there's a Lithuanian holiday going on.
  12. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +346 / 6 / -8

Thanks dude... I am glad you agree with me for, well, all the same reasons I suppose, when you get right down to it.

As for Foggy, well, I can hope to shield myself by citing a longstanding friendship with a Latvian guy, which is close... but that's about it.

PFnV
  13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +362 / 1 / -9

----Get Bush----
  14. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +346 / 6 / -8

Get some bush yourself, Harry. You'll be more relaxed.
  15. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +362 / 1 / -9

God don't they hate him :)
  16. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +30 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

:rocker: GOT BUSH!!!
  17. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +346 / 6 / -8

LOL I don't hate the guy, and I don't hate you. I just think you need to get laid, ferchristsake. Too all-cappy and edgy, is all I'm sayin'.

PFnV
  18. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +30 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Carefull we don't want Harry to have a HEART attack. :eek:
  19. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +362 / 1 / -9

OK :bricks:

Beware of Presbytarians & Methodists
  20. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

actually, the Muslims call us the great satan because of this nation's disgraceful practice of hegemony, corporate greed and imperialism the past 60 years... not because of a few actors...

might wanna pick up a history book, Harry...