PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

They Just Don't Get the Pats....

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsDeb

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Look at this nugget from Clark Judge on CBSSportsline.com (his "Judgements" from this week):

"8. This is why New England won't return to the Super Bowl: The Patriots must go through Indianapolis, and the Colts already beat them this year. No -- they obliterated them, and they did it at Foxborough. So New England loses the mental edge there that it once had. Now look at where New England is most vulnerable. It's the secondary, where the Patriots lost a slew of starters, including strong safety Rodney Harrison. And what is the Colts' strength again? End of discussion."

What a croc of !@#@! Yeah, just like we lost our mental edge against Pittsburgh when they beat us, no obliterated us, last year in the regular season!! Why can't this bozo (and many others) figure out that the embarassing loss will just fuel a ferocious Patriots attack if they can get there? Not saying we have the personnel to pull it off (I hope we do) but to say we would lose a rematch because we have lost our mental edge is laughable and shows how some people just don't understand the Patriots.

PatsDeb said:
Look at this nugget from Clark Judge on CBSSportsline.com (his "Judgements" from this week):

"8. This is why New England won't return to the Super Bowl: The Patriots must go through Indianapolis, and the Colts already beat them this year. No -- they obliterated them, and they did it at Foxborough. So New England loses the mental edge there that it once had. Now look at where New England is most vulnerable. It's the secondary, where the Patriots lost a slew of starters, including strong safety Rodney Harrison. And what is the Colts' strength again? End of discussion."

What a croc of !@#@! Yeah, just like we lost our mental edge against Pittsburgh when they beat us, no obliterated us, last year in the regular season!! Why can't this bozo (and many others) figure out that the embarassing loss will just fuel a ferocious Patriots attack if they can get there? Not saying we have the personnel to pull it off (I hope we do) but to say we would lose a rematch because we have lost our mental edge is laughable and shows how some people just don't understand the Patriots.

it's becuse there payed to be idiots and talk crap all day long

PatsDeb said:

Where have I heard that whole banged up secondary theory before.... Jan 05 maybe? How'd that work out for the Colts then?

That's just plain lazy journalism.

"IMFG! Teh Coltz beet them before, so they will aghen!!!1!!1!1"

PatsDeb, good post. I had exactly the same reaction.

PatsDeb said:

looks like you beat me to the thread, sorry for duplicating

I wrote him a nice reply making two points:
#1 how can you question the pats mental edge, unless you have been on a deserted island the last 4 years.
#2 the pats secondary and defense as a whole is coming together and what exactly was the chargers biggest weakness... their secondary, and look where that got them.

as an unbiased fan the colts may and probably should win the super bowl this year, but to say end of discussion and not give the two time defending champs with Brady and the best coach in the NFL a chance in the game is just ignorant analysis.

when I brought up the Pats are getting ready to roll into Indy and send them crying again to my roomate (who is an Eagles fan, poor guy). he laughed and then said that the colts are going to whoop them. I turned to him and said, how much money do you want to put down, he quited right on down.

Last edited:
He's right, we have no chance. The facts that :

- Hobbs is now in replacing Starks.
- The Hawk has been solid at Safety which started after that game.
- Seymour is back, he wasn't for that game.
- Bruschi was only in his second game back then.
- Vrabel was only in his second game playing next to Bruschi then.
- Faulk was out, he's back - that's bigger than some realize.

Even with all that we were a Dillon fumble away from a 14-14 tie or 14-10 deficit at halftime and right in the game.

And he's forgetting :

Brady is 9-0 in his career in domes.
Brady is 12-1 in his career on turf.

And, of course,

Brady and Belichick are 9-0 together in the playoffs.

Yep - no chance.

No, this just shows the media is consistent. Remember last year, and 2003, when we played the Colts in the playoffs? EVERYONE picked the Colts, but it made sense to do so, because the Colts beat us in the regular seas- er, wait. Nevermind.

it's becuse payton and Marvin are the best players ever to grace the NFL in there eyes :confused: :bricks:

Brady#12 said:
it's becuse payton and Marvin are the best players ever to grace the NFL in there eyes :confused: :bricks:

Marvin is absolutely brilliant, though. See, when the Colts have 3rd and 10, he runs his outs 11 yards. See the genius there? The ability to see the big orange stick, and make sure you are <gasp!> past it! Einstein should be worried.

Michigan Dave said:
Marvin is absolutely brilliant, though. See, when the Colts have 3rd and 10, he runs his outs 11 yards. See the genius there? The ability to see the big orange stick, and make sure you are <gasp!> past it! Einstein should be worried.

jesus guys i mean it's just common sense :bricks:

Brady#12 said:
jesus guys i mean it's just common sense :bricks:

Jesus, now there's a more appropriate comparison to Manning and company. Remember Da' Bears skit on SNL? That's kind of like the media talking about the Colts over the last few years.
Ok, you got the Colts vs. God....

yeah yesterday it was chargers V God

bump for bulliten board material

kptmorgan04 said:
when I brought up the Pats are getting ready to roll into Indy and send them crying again to my roomate (who is an Eagles fan, poor guy). he laughed and then said that the colts are going to whoop them. I turned to him and said, how much money do you want to put down, he quited right on down.

well i now have a bottle of Jack on the game....

BelichickFan said:
He's right, we have no chance. The facts that :

- Hobbs is now in replacing Starks.
- The Hawk has been solid at Safety which started after that game.
- Seymour is back, he wasn't for that game.
- Bruschi was only in his second game back then.
- Vrabel was only in his second game playing next to Bruschi then.
- Faulk was out, he's back - that's bigger than some realize.

Even with all that we were a Dillon fumble away from a 14-14 tie or 14-10 deficit at halftime and right in the game.

And he's forgetting :

Brady is 9-0 in his career in domes.
Brady is 12-1 in his career on turf.

And, of course,

Brady and Belichick are 9-0 together in the playoffs.

Yep - no chance.

I actually think that the secondary is starting to jell and improve.... one question though... I thought I saw that J.Sanders started at safety on this last game... am I losing it?

Lloyd_Christmas said:
I actually think that the secondary is starting to jell and improve.... one question though... I thought I saw that J.Sanders started at safety on this last game... am I losing it?
Check with your eye doctor, it might be cheaper and less damaging then seeing a mental health professional. :eek:

Box_O_Rocks said:
Check with your eye doctor, it might be cheaper and less damaging then seeing a mental health professional. :eek:

Fox (it was on fox right?) put up the defensive starters and had James Sanders listed as starting SS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back