PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

These announcers need to stop

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's thrown 16 in 557 pass attempts. Or about 2.8% of his throws. Brady has thrown 82 career interceptions in 2,146 career attempts. Or about 3.8% of his throws.

J D Sal

LOL! Ummm, Tom Brady plays against NFL teams my friend. Not against Umass, Navy, Central Michigan, Wake Forest, Duke, North Carolina, and company. LOL! :D

LOL! Ummm, Tom Brady plays against NFL teams my friend. Not against Umass, Navy, Central Michigan, Wake Forest, Duke, North Carolina, and company. LOL! :D
Yeah, I realize that. And on the best team of the last 7 years, three time NFL Champs (probably going on 4) with NFL caliber weapons and offensive lines. And with the best coaches and only one system and head coach. That goes both ways. LOL!

J D Sal

Last edited:
Yeah, I realize that. And on the best team of the last 7 years, three time NFL Champs (probably going on 4) with NFL caliber weapons and offensive lines. That goes both ways. LOL!

J D Sal

LOL! Ok. Talk to me when Matty Ryan is bagging Brady's groceries 5 years from now just like William Green(another former 1st Rd BC BUST) is doing now. The kid is terrible. Sorry. :D

LOL! Ok. Talk to me when Matty Ryan is bagging Brady's groceries 5 years from now just like William Green(another former 1st Rd BC BUST) is doing now. The kid is terrible. Sorry. :D
Yeah, that is EXACTLY when I'll talk to you next. Thanks for your contribution, Mel.

J D Sal

i think Ryan is the most NFL ready QB.

ahead of Brohm and Woodson. Woodson's upside is the highest though and Brohm im not so sold on...neither am i on Ryan but hes just the most NFL ready

overrated? yes. So are Brohm and Woodson

I think Ryan is a very good QB. He does make mistakes in terms of INTs and taking sacks which is his worst problem.

Still look how he has done with a group of mediocre receivers. He has very close to 4,000 yards passing, 28 TDs and 16 INTs. His receivers aren't fast. I shouldn't say mediocre receivers. I think the group is pretty solid but they have nowhere near the talent that so many WR's on top college teams have. Christ if you watched today you saw Gunnell slip from a defender and have a lot of open space ahead of him. He got run down and tackled at the 20 yard line. If that was a fast receiver he would have taken it to the house easily. Ryan has some really good accuracy and his completion percentage lies in terms of that. He does have a good arm and his critics will tell you that he doesn't have a strong enough arm. And he is VERY clutch. He is a very good leader and its not like that it has just been this year that he has pulled off great victories at the end. Back when Quinton Porter was the QB against Wake Forest I think he threw 2 INT's and BC was down ten with 2-3 minutes to go and Ryan came off the bench and got 2 quick TDs and BC won. I remember it was the day of that memorable USC/Notre Dame game.

I agree with Remix he is the most NFL ready QB and I think he will be the best QB from his draft class after a couple years in the NFL. Sure some announcers really do overrate him but he is a very good QB. Not the best college QB but I feel that he can do a lot more than these other guys in the NFL.

BTW, I hope Matty Heisman packed an extra pair of clean draws after that performance against a horrible Florida St team 4 weeks ago. Nothing like a Heisman candidate completely wetting his pants and soiling them on top of it in front of a national audience. That was pure comedy. I am still laughing!! :D

BTW, I hope Matty Heisman packed an extra pair of clean draws after that performance against a horrible Florida St team 4 weeks ago. Nothing like a Heisman candidate completely wetting his pants and soiling them on top of it in front of a national audience. That was pure comedy. I am still laughing!! :D
Va Tech, Clemson, Wake Forest in 05(after that he became a starter.) http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=252880103
I'm sure there are many more clutch wins that he has had in his career at BC. I'd love to see Brian Brohm try to win the Va Tech game in the situation that they were in with 2 minutes left. He would throw a quick INT, game over.

Last edited:

Nice try. William Green was a bomb ready to explode while he was in college, and your comparing him to Ryan, who by all accounts is a great kid. All college qb's make bad throws. I've seen Ryan put some touch on the ball in which not many college qb's can make. He will be a early to middle round pick. I don't know how he'll do as a pro, but he is at the top with any other qb in the draft. The comparison to Brady was intended for his college days which like the vast majority here, never saw him play nor envisioned him to be the star that he became.

He's thrown 16 in 557 pass attempts. Or about 2.8% of his throws. Brady has thrown 82 career interceptions in 2,146 career attempts. Or about 3.8% of his throws.

J D Sal

That's 3402 attempts for #12.

That's 3402 attempts for #12.
Ahhh, you're right. I misread and read completions. So, its 2.4%. Not significantly different than Ryan. He was 2.5% in college. Around the same as Ryan then as well. If Ryan can maintain 2.8% or better, that will be fine in the NFL.

J D Sal

Brady didn't wet himself in the big games like Matty Heisman. How the hell do you lose at home with a chance to play for a national championship to Florida State? Matt Heisman was Drew Bozo-esque that game. Awful. Just brutal. The kid is going to be such a bust in the pros. I hope Miami or the Jets draft him so he can go belly up before our eyes. :D

Last edited:
BTW, Tom Brady's senior year at Michigan: 214 completions on 341 attempts for 2586 yards, 20 touchdowns and five interceptions. A 4 to 1 TD/INT ratio. Comparing him to Matty Heisman is absurd.

BTW, Tom Brady's senior year at Michigan: 214 completions on 341 attempts for 2586 yards, 20 touchdowns and five interceptions. A 4 to 1 TD/INT ratio. Comparing him to Matty Heisman is absurd.
It was 6 INTs.

http://www.patriots.com/team/index.cfm?ac=playerbio&bio=566

And you'll notice, only about 60% of Ryan's attempts. And he threw 12 his junior year. Their percentages of throws that resulted in INTs weren't significantly different, despite the fact Brady had future 1st round picks and NFL 1,000 yard rushers as weapons.

J D Sal

Last edited:
comparing Matt Ryan to Tom Brady. Ridiculous. I've been hearing it for weeks now. I hate John Meterparel (sp?).

Oh come on, Meter isn't going to compare today's Tom Brady to today's Matt Ryan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back