Welcome to PatsFans.com

These 4 Things I Know Are True...

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by QuiGon, Sep 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

1) Losing the 1st rounder is a harsher penalty than a suspension would have been, so the people who are saying the Commish was "too lenient" are just morons. BB has 8 1st rounders since taking over as HC of the NEP. 7 of them are still with the team, and the 8th played here a full 5 seasons before moving on. There isn't a single bust among the lot. Every single one of them are starters (excepting Meriweather as it is too soon for him).

2) While they could never admit it, there are more HCs pissed at Mangini right now than pissed at Belichick. The Pats are not the only ones doing these things but now a bunch of teams are going to have to make adjustments.

3) Mangini never intended for things to spiral out of control this far and if he could take it back, he would.

4) There are now 53 men (plus a handful of coaches) in blue more motivated to win a Super Bowl than ever before in their lives, and God help anyone that stands in their way. Now I am not one of these idiots saying this whole thing was BB's master plan all along or that this scandal is a good thing. Losing a #1 is a very harsh penalty. But for this year, 2007, if you ever wanted to find a way to motivate the players just a bit more beyond what they already had, this will do that.
  2. rabthepat

rabthepat Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think the penalty is no problem. Sure losing the draft pick is a bummer but your never know about a draft pick. Chargers probably wished someone took their #1 pick when they drafted Ryan Leaf.

Nothing the Commish did prevents us from winning this year SB. Live for day to heck with the future.
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2007
  3. SamBam39

SamBam39 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

the pats will continue dominating the competition, even in bulding their roster going forward.

same as it ever was...
  4. stevedogc

stevedogc Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

100% agree on this point. And to take it a step further, I say the Pats really lay it on when they have the game in hand this year. If their up by 17 in the 4th, I say they still throw bombs to rack up the score to prove a point.
  5. Bobs My Uncle

Bobs My Uncle PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +42 / 9 / -2

#12 Jersey

I'll add a 5th truism

5) If the policy that cost the Pats this 1st rounder, and god knows what degree of humiliation, is re-worded next offseason to remove any interpretation issues, then I'll lead up a cause to show Goodell for the fraud that he is.
  6. Pedrorocks458

Pedrorocks458 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

We already know this.

Defensive signals

Probably when BB got here

EVERY game

We used them as a form of advanced scouting for the next game, or the next year, or whenever we faced the same defensive coach again.
  7. everlong

everlong Rookie

Ratings:
    +158 / 1 / -1

#12 Jersey

2 & 3 only time will tell but 1 & 4 you're dead on.
  8. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0

1) We had two in the first place, we're keeping the lower one (which we'll probably trade down). Signing 2 first rounders next year might have strapped us a little anyway. Basically, look at it this way........... Branch walked away for free and we got nothing for him....... The way he played Sunday, I'm fine with it.

2) I think HC's see him for who he is more now, however, more anger than at BB. I'm not sure about that.

3) Regrets possibly.......... wouldn't do it again....... Again, not so sure about that.

4) I'd agree. Might be a hick-up for a week or so, as this was a pretty big distraction. Hard to believe it stayed totally out of the locker room.
  9. Pedrorocks458

Pedrorocks458 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He's baiting us. Frankly, I just assume we used it every game. Doesn't bother me at all. If we used it against the Lions and Packers we did it in every game, at least that's my opinion.
  10. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

1. I think it's obvious what was on the tape. Have you been in a cave since Sunday or what...?

2. Probably around September, 2000.

3. By my calculations, if we include the Jets game of this year, 127 games. But I may be off by a game or two or three.

4. To compile a database on individual teams and coordinators in order to search for patterns. For example, "When so-and-so scratches his balls, that means a weak side blitz" and other such stuff.
  11. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +330 / 20 / -48

#50 Jersey

The penalty IS a problem because it does not fit the "crime" as it were. Especially in comparison to how the league handled the Miami situation last year and the Broncos / 49ers salary cap scandals. Scandals that were much more detrimental to the game than this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.