PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

There's really only one thing above all others I didn't like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriotSeven

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I'm not going to bother picking this team to death. Yes we made a lot of mistakes. We got our butts kicked on ST, and lots of mental errors and dropped balls on offense. Thought the D played great and easily kept the Giants under average ppg. Our offense let us down, once again, but it's not like the Giants didn't made a ton of errors too. It wasn't one sided and I thought both teams played really sloppy. They weren't stellar either and pass rush was pretty much neutralized by our offensive line.

However, there's one thing that's just become obvious and I have major beef with: we cannot manage the clock when on defense, especially against this Giants O, Eli and Tom Coughlin. I loved the idea of Bill letting them score. Brilliant.

But it came, once again, just a tad bit too late and he was too indecisive in making that decision. It was an obvious score so that decision should have came much sooner. It should have been made after their huge miracle catch instead of throwing the challenge flag which cost us the timeout.

We can't freaking have 4th quarter comebacks when we always got less than under 50 seconds left on the clock and no timeouts. I thought Brady was on point that final drive and the receivers weren't but I'm not going to blame them either. I just hate seeing us go down in this situation, with downs still left, because of poor clock management once again.

I feel we lost this game strategically in that which we used to be best: game management. Other than that, I personally have to accept it for what it is. We got outplayed and got beat once again by the better team today in the Super Bowl.

That's tough to swallow. But it is what it is. I hope you guys hang in there. And I think our guys could use a little bit of support. Perhaps it's time for them to stop trying to be the image of excellence. It's not only no longer fitting but they're no longer having any fun out there and I don't think we are either.

It sucks because the had plenty of opportunities to ice the game and didn't take advantage. It didn't help the Giants were spotted nine points due to a dumb IG call.

our reciever sucks compare to the giants', simple as that, while giant's reciever made awsome catches, ours drops them back to back on the next drive, and again, no deep threat hurt us in a big game, there is just no get away from all those weakness anymore. Yeah our D played yet another great game, but O wise we need to get a stud WR

bottom line is the pats lack a legit #2 WR. Tough when you have a great QB and don't have 2 WRs.....and your best WR is a slot guy.

That much was obvious yes, and when getting beat on ST and being put in long drive situation we were obviously exposed for not being able to get long plays down field on big vertical plays.

But they were there. I thought there was some obvious mix up with Gronk. But the guy was limping and I'm not going to get on him.

What never crossed my mind is that we would lose the strategic and game management portion of the game.

The biggest thing was time pressure. Again I thought the passes were spot on from Brady. I thought the receivers were clearly rushing their catches but that's all on clock management.

Looking at the numbers it pointed to a Giants win if they got +2 in turnovers but I can's say I wuold have ever been able to predict the safety which really made it +3. I didn't expect that, and that part was all on Brady. I do think he made up for it throughout the game though and played great from that point on but it came down to the final drive with the clock ticking away for us.

But alas, I said I wasn't going to pick them to death and I'm not. Ultimately we mismanaged the clock once again. That created panic among this receiving squad and that was the last and most important mistake. Never in my mind did I think we would lose the strategic, game management part of the game. But we did. It's just so gut wrenching to see us convert on 4th down, under that kind of pressure, move from the 20 to the 50 and then see 9 seconds on the clock.

What can anyone really do?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back