PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

There's only one sane way to deal with this

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are 2 ways to deal with the loss:

1- Please stop worshiping BB and TB as if they were God.
2- Please drop "In BB we trust" BS.

I'm not a blind homer and I think BB has made plenty of poor decisions before (challenging the completion early in the game for starters), but had we punted the ball and the colts had gone onto score there would have been several threads about how we should have gone for it/how BB wasn't playing to win/how he didn't have trust in the offense/how we need to be aggressive, etc.

You want to know how to deal with this. Don't get so emotionally attached to every game, or the team. Thats what i did after the SB loss to the Giants. When i was younger i use to get totally wrapped up in the Pats and if they lost i'd be depressed for a couple of days, being a fan since 1974 there was a lot of depression involved. :D

You can't make this so important in your life that if they lose its devastating. Try to maintain an even strain.

That loss to the Giants really did a number on me. In the past, I was like you, it would ruin my day or week. But after that monumental collapse in the super bowl, I went absolutely ballistic! Mostly because I was gloating to everyone I knew how the Pats were unbeatable. In fact, I'm glad I was only around a few people during the super bowl loss because I went nuts. Soon after I calmed down, I was so disappointed in how I reacted to that loss that a part of me had to detach myself from the Patriots. I needed to grow up. Whether they win or lose, go 19-0 or not, it will not make my life any better. However, I still get irritated (not mad) when stupid sh*t like this happens and they lose important games.

Last edited:
That loss to the Giants really did a number on me. In the past, I was like you, it would ruin my day or week. But after that monumental collapse in the super bowl, I went absolutely ballistic! Mostly because I was gloating to everyone I knew how the Pats were unbeatable. In fact, I'm glad I was only around a few people during the super bowl loss because I went nuts. Soon after I calmed down, I was so disappointed in how I reacted to that loss that a part of me had to detach myself from the Patriots. I needed to grow up. Whether they win or lose, go 19-0 or not, it will not make my life any better.

Exactly, unless your a player of a coach for the team it really doesn't matter, and we all have to remember this is supposed to be entertainment, we are supposed to watch football so it takes our mind off the daily rigors of life and so we can relax, not make us even more depressed. If they win hey great you can gloat for a few days to your friends and if you lose they talk smack to you, but in the end it really doesn't matter, life goes on and in this case it wasn't even a playoff game were we dwell on it for the whole summer, the team plays again this weekend and I'm looking forward to them laying a can of whoop-ass on the jests.

I know how you feel hey bro. I honestly thought the pats would lose that SB (had not one, but two nightmares in the week leading up to it), but still had to calm myself down at half-time because I was flipping out how close it was. I still get into it during games but I'm able to get over losses a lot easier than I used to

Look, I'm the biggest sports fanatic going, I love sports, fall asleep and wake up to Sportscenter (now the NHL Network), have been a sports fanatic for practically all of my 47 years. But, we need to put this in perspective. This is JUST sports, I have a friend who just lost a loved one, people are getting killed everday overseas, I just went through a messy breakup, these are real life problems, so I think we need to put things in perspective. Is it a huge disappointment ? Yes, did we lose sleep over it ? Yes, do we HATE losing to Indy ?, Yes. But tomorrow is another day, we have 7 more games left, a big one coming up against the Jets, etc, let's try to get excited about what is left. All the negativity won't change the outcome of the game. It's over.

Voice of reason. Thank you!

Perspective is everything. Still, even within the sole prespective of the sports universe, winners don't give up. They get up and fight again. Anything worth having has to be fought for. What do we expect, all 31 teams to just roll over?

Bring on game 10!

"winners don't give up. They get up and fight again"

which is why not so coincidently, this team hasn't lost back-to-back games in a good 5 years

Look, I'm the biggest sports fanatic going, I love sports, fall asleep and wake up to Sportscenter (now the NHL Network), have been a sports fanatic for practically all of my 47 years. But, we need to put this in perspective. This is JUST sports, I have a friend who just lost a loved one, people are getting killed everday overseas, I just went through a messy breakup, these are real life problems, so I think we need to put things in perspective. Is it a huge disappointment ? Yes, did we lose sleep over it ? Yes, do we HATE losing to Indy ?, Yes. But tomorrow is another day, we have 7 more games left, a big one coming up against the Jets, etc, let's try to get excited about what is left. All the negativity won't change the outcome of the game. It's over.

Your post helps explain the value of sports as a microcosm of life without the real-life consequences. We can take lessons from situations like this and apply the thought process to life in general.

I thought you were going to write "Beat the **** out of the last seven teams on the schedule, starting with the Jets."

I thought you were going to write "Beat the **** out of the last seven teams on the schedule, starting with the Jets."

Well, that essentially is what I wrote, only from the perspective of dealing as a fan.

Last edited:
Put it to bed. Forget about it. Focus on the Green Beans and the other six games coming up. We saw flashes of the 2007 offense last night and that's a GREAT thing to look forward to. We will win the division and come playoff time the defense will be ready as well.

already did it...last night at midnight

woke up this morning wondering how a team trailing all game and trailing in the last game between the two teams in the same venue has ZERO defensive penalties called in EIGHT STRAIGHT QUARTERS...must be the all time greatest clean team in NFL football history

As others have mentioned, this game needs to be laid to rest. A nice resounding win over the Jets will do wonders and 7-3 has a nice ring to it. Maybe the Saints game can be atonement ... another night game against a top team in their dome ... we'll see.

If only it were that easy, but there is no guarantee the D will be better come playoff time. We all thought they were playing their best football right now, and then the Colts put up 35 on them...If the Pats don't get their act together IMMEDIATELY, the playoffs look like a disappointment waiting to happen...

This loss stings like the SB loss....just fumbling, and bumbling play calling......shooting ourselves in the foot over and over.........letting a team that we SHOULD HAVE beat by at least 3 scores....stay IN the game....and eventually BEAT us.....Not sure how you can take anything overly positive away from this game......Playcalling on both sides abyssmal......Defense playing prevent WAY too much......Nick Kaczur was THE PRIMARY reason we lost this game......and if we can't find someone like Vollmer to take over for that pile of dog crap....we are in for a long rest of the season.....AT THIS POINT, I don't see this team going anywhere in the playoffs if in fact we do get there......too many holes to fill this year.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back